*Verse Dawnstrider
*Wei Wu Wei
Wicket W. Warrick Jr.
wraith swordstalker
Xazor Elessar
Yuran Fur'Dun
*Zacharia Dawnstrider
*Zeke

The list posted by Marcus in the other thread. As we get names in from people, we can place an asterix by the appropriate names. After our designated one month is up, any names still on the not checked with an asterix will have their access removed.

Last Name Recorded from OOC thread: Jazz

AmazonBabe
Aug 29th, 2003, 04:24:02 PM
Dasquian mentioned the name Hayes Muirso, but it doesn't show up on the list. Should it be added?

Morgan Evanar
Aug 29th, 2003, 04:37:02 PM
Yes.

Master Yoghurt
Aug 30th, 2003, 12:22:48 PM
Kyle Starblade
Master Yoghurt

I plan to use Kyle for a bit in future RP's. Jedi Padawan character :)

Figrin D'an
Aug 31st, 2003, 12:33:14 AM
Your characters have been recorded, Yog. Nice you see you around. :)

imported_Marcus
Aug 31st, 2003, 02:03:31 AM
Hey green man, how's it going?

Figrin D'an
Aug 31st, 2003, 01:14:08 PM
Quick note...

I got a PM from Lady Mylia, regarding an upcoming RP she is planning. One of her other characters, Faith Lerf, is going to be doing a short term story (ie. one thread, about 1 month RP time) in which the character is seduced to the dark side, but ultimately recovers and returns to GJO. She wondered if, because of this, her Avalon access would be removed. I told her that it wouldn't, because it's a short term storyline ending with her staying with GJO, and because she isn't going to be actually joining another group.

So, if anyone notices that this character might be "slipping to the Dark Side," it's planned and I gave her a free pass regarding Avalon/OOC access. Considering she took the time to actually inform us of her plans (unlike many others), I didn't think there would be any issues with this. I certainly don't have any.

Master Yoghurt
Aug 31st, 2003, 03:48:51 PM
Hi Figrin and Mark. All is well. I missed you guys and the forums, so that is why I am posting again :)

I suppose when the month is over, I could use that list to update the list of active members. Saves us the trouble of posting a roll call

imported_Marcus
Aug 31st, 2003, 04:00:12 PM
Figrin - exactly the answer I would have given her. Tis good :)

Yog : Glad to see you back, green-man. we all missed you :)

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 31st, 2003, 06:46:50 PM
yay green man!

Glad to see that things are working out well.. stupid school. I do plan on being on a little each day when I can so far... just that with school one never knows :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:27:13 PM
Should GJO Janitor have access to Avalon?

These accounts have been removed from the Avalon/OOC forum access lists as requested:

Marcus*
Marcus Elessar*
Darth Vader

*And the access list for this forum as well.

Figrin D'an
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:28:26 PM
Well... the GJO Janitor has been in IC account, even though it isn't used that much. *shrugs*

I guess we can leave it for now. We can revisit it when we have to prune the rest of the access list at the end of the month.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 9th, 2003, 09:01:47 PM
Yes, but its not a member of GJO. Vamoose, IMO. But it can wait.

Figrin D'an
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:30:13 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really disappointed with the apparent lack of concern/interest regarding this by most people. There's been plenty of advance warning, including multiple reminders posted by myself. As it stands right now, we would be eliminating about 2/3 of the names from the Avalon Access list... and I know for fact that a lot of those names are Jedi.

This is really frustrating because, starting tomorrow, we'll end up getting loads of PM's from people saying that they can't see Avalon or OCC with their accounts. I really don't want to have to deal with all kinds of whiney people, but I'm not sure what else to do. Part of me wants to say, "Screw them," and tell them they'll have to resubmit for Avalon Access through the normal channels. Yet part of me wants to avoid getting my PM box overloaded, and I'm somewhat inclined to edit the list according to whom we know to still be active Jedi characters.

One way or another, this thing is going into effect tonight... I set a date of Sept. 28th for this to be finalized, and it's going to happen.

So... suggestions anyone?

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 28th, 2003, 05:33:26 PM
Well, I say we deal with the whiny PMs.

Either that, or is there a way to do a mass-mail out to all of these names?

Morgan Evanar
Sep 28th, 2003, 06:17:42 PM
Screw em, we'll deal with the lot as they show up. If you're gone for a whole month and have been too lazy to check the boards at all you're SOL. Its clear you weren't participating enough anyway.

Figrin D'an
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:37:50 PM
As long as you two agree, then let's proceed as planned. We go by the information submitted in the official thread, and every other name gets removed from the access list.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:05:24 PM
Yeah, I agree. Go for it. :)

Figrin D'an
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:42:36 PM
It's done. In total, I removed access for about 120 accounts. A lot of them were ones that haven't been seen around for a while, but some are for rather well-known and currently active members. Oh well... tough cookies if you don't follow instructions.

Note for Mr. .Net: The access for the following names could not be changed, and per the rules of our effort, will need to be have their Avalon/OOC access removed:

CMJ
Jedi Master Carr
JMK
Levi Argon

Also, an oddity I noticed...

There are two "Aaron Belargic" accounts...

Aaron Belargic
Aaron_Belargic

Are they both being used, and if so... why? They both have access to Avalon... I'd like to get rid of one of them if possible.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:36:44 PM
Let Jenny handle the Belargic stuff?

Figrin D'an
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:40:41 PM
That's fine, she can handle it... I'm just curious to know why there are two.

Estelle Russard
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:35:46 PM
Thanks for all the work Figster.

And Im in agreement to just deal with them as they contact you.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. :D

TheHolo.Net
Sep 29th, 2003, 01:46:35 AM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Note for Mr. .Net: The access for the following names could not be changed, and per the rules of our effort, will need to be have their Avalon/OOC access removed:

CMJ
Jedi Master Carr
JMK
Levi ArgonAnd so it is done. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:56:04 AM
Ka' el Darcverse wrote on Today 03:59 PM:
I losed me Avalon Access cause I no see thread to sign-up for, I sorry to come whining, but if I get access I put name in said thread lol

?

Morgan Evanar
Sep 29th, 2003, 11:05:46 AM
Lololol you're blind fuck you lololol

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 29th, 2003, 11:06:52 AM
:p @Morgies

Ok you're right. :)

Figrin D'an
Sep 29th, 2003, 01:45:01 PM
So far, only two people have contacted me to get their access back. Akkrabim did last night, and Ka' el did earlier today. Likely more to come though, I'm sure.

If anyone is contacted by someone looked for their access to be restored, I would request that any names they wish to have added to the access mask must be of active accounts. We don't need lots of clutter with names that get used once in a blue moon. Also, every once in a while (maybe every few months or so), I'd like to review the list and remove any names that haven't been sufficiently active.

If anyone gets any nasty or overly whiney PM's or IM's about this whole project, direct them to me. They'll get my official "You're a lazy, ignorant moron" rant.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 29th, 2003, 01:49:51 PM
Terran was a bit surprised, but I have no idea how he missed the four or five threads we have floating about. I took care of that.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 29th, 2003, 03:48:56 PM
Let us know in this thread whenever a name is readded :)

Memberlist has been updated to reflect the changes:

http://www.thegjo.com/member.htm

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 29th, 2003, 04:25:59 PM
And a lovely member page it is.

*hands Yoggies a plate of cookies*

:)

Oh, I had a thought here... Do we need an Initiate list, seperate from the padawans, or is that kinda redundant? I don't really care either way, anyone here care?

Figrin D'an
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:47:03 PM
And it starts!
Just got this wonderful PM...

Shade Magus wrote on Today 11:44 PM:
could you tell me why i am not allowed in avalon anymore?

TheHolo.Net
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:59:50 PM
I think I may know what part of the reason people missed this stuff.

It’s a matter of overuse of the “Sticky” topics. Now I’m not necessarily saying that the staff here overuses them. Its more a matter that there are too many of them, and most of the sticky topics have been in multiple forums for so long that people just ignore them and read what is underneath them. They have become desensitized to the “Must Read” prefix and assume that they have already read them all.

I think that may also be part of the reason why the vote count for the nominations thread was low.

Ideas that may help:

Now it might be good to either incorporate some of the sticky topics into a web based FAQ or even just a list in certain places with links to all the important topics so that the use of “Sticky” topics can be curbed down to be semi infrequent and thus make them effective again.

Having more than a single stuck topic, or even having a topic stuck for more than a couple of weeks is probably not really a good idea. The titles need to change, there need to be some times when there are none, so that people may not become so used to just skipping over them and missing new and important information.

I can also change the templates for these forums so that the “Announcement” and “Must Read” prefixes are of a more attention grabbing color, but my other suggestions about using them less would need to be incorporated before changing colors would do much good, at least in my opinion.

Figrin D'an
Sep 29th, 2003, 11:12:10 PM
That is a good point. We tried to get rid of some of the those sticky topics shortly after our staff changes took place, but I agree that there still are too many of them. That is likely a contributing factor, to a point.

Still, however... this was posted in multiple forums, including the group annoucements forum on the main board. People being lazy and not wanting to read something titled "Important Reminder to All GJO Members" is still the major factor here, IMO.

But, we should try to edit/remove/consolidate those Must Read stickies that are posted at the moment.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 30th, 2003, 12:08:55 AM
Yes, this is why (as Fig said) we tried to consolidate those threads. A change of color, perhaps lime green and bold, would help... but really, this is mostly inattentiveness on the individual's part. I am only going to go so far and after that, I have no tolerance for hand-holding, to be quite honest. People will ignore it, and we do our best to keep the titles up to date, but after a certain point, it's out of our hands, so to speak. :\

Figrin D'an
Sep 30th, 2003, 12:12:37 AM
If nothing else, maybe this will teach some people that they need to pay attention to board annoucements, lest they miss something that will affect them.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:17:18 PM
^ *a round of applause* :D

Figrin D'an
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:34:04 PM
Thus far, I have re-granted access to:

Akrabbim (and a couple of his other Jedi names)
Ka' el Darcverse
Shade Magus
Ace McCloud

Morgan Evanar
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:43:53 PM
Added Oradin and Rogan Dar.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 1st, 2003, 02:43:42 PM
I moved the Access Policy thread to Arcan and locked it for maximum visibility. If people keep asking why they can't enter Avalon, they are simply not paying attention.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:26:35 AM
Thus far, I have restored access to Lion El' Jonson/Rhayne and Jakob Burton after receiving satisfying explaining from both through PM.