PDA

View Full Version : why does it take 2-3 years of college to get the fun classes

sirdizzy
Aug 28th, 2003, 08:57:03 PM
i thought last year when i took digital video editing (vt 3300) i found the coolest class ever, i even got to make my own movie trailer for empire strikes back

but this semester i am taking 3D Visualization (vt 3600) and mad this is the coolest freaking clas we are doing 3d modeling with strata 3d pro (we are going to even get to play with maya)

i was trying to make jar jar binks today while the teacher was talking my jar jar sucked

so why do they make you wait so long for cool classes, make ya muck through english and calculus and biology I am begging to think they hate you and are trying to scare you away so they can hoard all the cool classes with like 4-5 prereqs to get into them (ya need photoshop, illustrator, basic design and computers to get into vt 3600)

the bastards

Charley
Aug 28th, 2003, 09:04:47 PM
My 400 level finance courses are far & away the most interesting courses I'm taking this semester.

BUFFJEDI
Aug 28th, 2003, 09:09:23 PM
You know that's a question I had often thought about. You know when I was studing law, I WANTED TO STUDY LAW!!!! Not english (obviously :D )not western history etc.... BUT LAW!!! It always drove me crazy. It's like this, After doing internship in a courthouse and doing mediation it became quite obvious, all the lawyers were morons Except when it came to the LAW. So obviously you don't need the other:huh Well at least at cop school I just get to study how to break peoples arms ,LEGALLY.

(note: the last was just a JOKE violence is BAD)

Mu Satach
Aug 28th, 2003, 10:20:55 PM
go to a bigger school... then hunt to find the cool lower division classes...

I need two physical life science classes, found more than I need...
Physics 1060: The Solar System,
Physics 1070, The Universe! &
Physics 1330, the physics of audio & video...
or maybe i'm just a geek :D

sirdizzy
Aug 28th, 2003, 11:03:54 PM
i took astronomy i hated it

Dae Jinn
Aug 28th, 2003, 11:13:40 PM
I took all art courses...the only crap ones were 2-3 D design (yay, we got to make boxes! I cant draw perspective! FUN!) and computers.Okay, computers was fun, but having a prof who says we'll all end up working at McDonalds, and that Macs are the standard in Graphic Design was not. Neither was learning how to use obselete proggies before having shortened lessons in Illustrator and PS.

I loved Typography, Silkscreening and Life Drawing though. ^_^; And Book Binding Club -- now that was geeky >_< :lol