PDA

View Full Version : Fight (what else can I call it, really?)

Je'gan Olra'en
Aug 28th, 2003, 10:53:32 AM
Je'gan Olraen stood in the centre of a plateau, a hundred metres across or more. The sides were steep and tall, tall enough that a fall would cause serious injury or death.

He fingered the lightsaber at his belt. Despite numerous practice sessions and in-depth research, he still knew very little about what separated using a lightsaber, from using an épée. Certainly he was used to the balance of the thing by now, but the major difference was that the saber didn't have a bellguard. Vertical blocks had to be angled so that the opponent's blade didn't take off his fingers...getting used ot it could get tricky.

Laric Nworb
Aug 31st, 2003, 03:55:41 PM
Laric had been riding his speeder across the barren planet's surface for hours now. With no particular destination in mind he had been heading west for most of the time. Long travels were a good thing to him, it gave him time to think about an array of issues runnning through his mind.

There was a figure in the distance on top of one of the plateaus, standing, not really doing anything. It would be useless to call out to him, he probably wouldn't hear Laric. Or maybe he was dead, while standing... Whatever was going on it was worth investigating.

An hour had gone by now and Laric finally reached the top of the plateau and still, there was the man who had been standing there when Laric had first seen him. He started running towards him expecting the man to notice him, but as he got closer he picked up something about him. Through the Force of which he absolutely loathed he read a certain malevolent feeling coming from him. Before Laric could do anything he recognized he was in the midst of trouble and the heart of it stood right in front of him.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:52:57 AM
The young Sith acolyte looked up slowly as Nworb approached, placing a hand on his lightsaber.

"Excellent. Fresh meat."

Laric Nworb
Sep 2nd, 2003, 02:35:31 PM
Laric watched the man place his hand on his lightsaber. "oh, man...Hey! Can't we, like.. talk about this? Or something?" He said and raised his hands defensively while walking backwards.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:30:11 PM
Je'gan spread his hands. "As you wish, of course.

"You can use the Force to some extent. You're not a Sith. Therefore you die. Discussion over."

Laric Nworb
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:44:45 PM
"Riiight." he said. Use the Force... Ha, they day Laric used the Force was- regardless he had no desire, he abhorred the Force, for reasons his own.

Laric reached for his blaster he kept at his side, aimed and fired in one quick motion.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 3rd, 2003, 04:04:17 PM
Only a decade of martial arts saved the young man's life as he twirled to the side, lightsaber snaking out as he lunged in a fleche, a multi-step but blindingly fast attack that covered ground incredibly quickly.

Laric Nworb
Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:52:49 PM
"Whoa!" He called as he barely jumped out of the way to the left. The lightsaber had nicked his shirt and left a hole brown around the edges. He fired twice at the Sith, each shot blocked with ease. Then Laric turned and ran towards the edge of the mesa. If he knew anything about Force users, which he did, he knew they could move a lot quicker than a non-force user. Quickly laric thought up a plan as Je'gan pursued close behind.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 4th, 2003, 07:02:40 AM
Dashing forward with a hint of Force Speed, Je'gan lashed out in a flying kick to Nworb's head.

Laric Nworb
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:45:55 PM
The kick made its mark and Laric dove forward and rolled into the ground. Before Je'gan could make his next move Laric rolled over and shot his blaster three times at Je'gan's chest and once at the head.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:28:33 PM
Something caught the young man's attention from the Force, a twinge in the back of his head that was known to occasionally alert him to danger. Luckily he made a moving target as he flew through the air to a solid landing; even with his evasive twisting, a bolt scored his side, leaving a trail of blistered flesh just above the hip.

In a split second his landing turned into another lunge, closing rapidly and slamming into Nworb. Lightsaber clasped firmly in his fist, he unleashed a flurry of punches and kicks at his opponent.

Laric Nworb
Sep 10th, 2003, 12:15:32 PM
Laric did his best to keep up with the Sith's moves but found he couldn't. He blocked a few punches but the kicks usually hit the mark. He staggered back bleeding in various parts of his body.

The Force called to him and he was tempted to use it to save himself. No, he wouldn't use the Force. He stood to his full height and did his best not to give the impression he was hurt; although it was apparent.

He raised his arm to fire his blaster, but it was empty. He discarded it and took the best fighting stance he could muster. Laric could see in the Sith's eyes the satisfaction of being so close to defeating him.

Laric took the next move and threw a weak punch at Je'gan's head, hoping to hurt him.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 10th, 2003, 12:41:28 PM
With a contemptuous flick of the wrist, a basic inside-outside block, Je'gan knocked the fist off-target and, in the same movement, planted an open palm to his opponent's chest, throwing him back.

"Use the Force," he taunted. "You know you can."

Laric Nworb
Sep 11th, 2003, 09:42:38 AM
"I won't." He said, but barely got it out. He was breathing very hard from the jab in his chest. He bent down to one knee and started to breath very very heavily.

Thoughts entered his head about this being the end of it. He may die right there, before meeting with his brother. No, he owed it to his brother to see him and give him what he wanted before he died.

Laric tried to stand up but couldn't, he awaited Je'gan's next move.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 11th, 2003, 03:36:44 PM
The young man carefully kept his own fatigue under control.

"If you don't," he said simply, "then you will die."

Laric Nworb
Sep 12th, 2003, 02:02:37 PM
Laric refused to use the Force, it caused him too many problems that were beyond repair. "No." He said and jumped into the air intending to strike Je'gan in the jaw.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 12th, 2003, 02:06:19 PM
Perhaps it was the fatigue, perhaps it was the sheer unexpectedness of the blow, but whatever the reason Je'gan was suddenly seeing stars in at least two ways.

He picked himself up slowly, brushed his combatant's feeble attempts at combat out of the way, and placed the deactivated lightsaber hilt against Nworb's forehead.

"Being dead is fairly irreversable. Use the Force, or I swear I will kill you."

Laric Nworb
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:29:41 AM
Laric was looking death in the eyes now. Its cold, hard stare watched him. His next move would determine his life, the rest of his brothers life and possible the course of history.

Life was tough and often it made you do things you didn't want to do, it made you do things that you dread doing. But they must be done for the sake of everything.

For Laric it wasn't about concentrating on using the Force , it released from him like an explosion. A Force blast burst from him and sent everything flying outward; Je'gan, dust and some rock. As far as he knew Je'gan had lost of his lightsaber, but Laric knew he was more than capable of dealing with Laric without without a lightsaber.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:36:43 PM
The blast took the young Sith hard, and the chunk of rock that scored his hip with just enough force to take off a few layers of skin didn't help either.

He landed hard on his back, and the lightsaber nearby, within about five metres. Nworb, unfortunately, was closer; leaping to his feet, he sprinted over the short distance towards the weapon.

Laric Nworb
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:40:20 PM
Laric ran to the lightsaber while Je'gan scrambled for ito reach it before he did. Laric used the Force again and the hilt flew to his hand. He activated it and the blade shot out he took an offesive stance and paused for a moment. It seemed the tables had turned on the Sith.

With the Force flowing through his body giving him more energy he attacked, but had no intention of killing his opposition. The blade swung around Je'gan as he did his best to defend himself. Laric only intended on striking with his free hand clentched into a fist.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 16th, 2003, 06:13:21 AM
He began to spin...

The first blow hit him and he entered 'closed' position...

Now turned half-away from Nworb...

The dirk came up, skidding along the lightsaber blade as gobbets of molten metal sprayed from it, but keeping the flaming weapon at arms length...

Now turned fully away, duck...

Going from closed to open, the arm slashed out...

Now crouched fully, almost squatting but still spinning...

The now-ragged dirk bit deep into Nworb's thigh and was discarded...

Roll to the side, and...kick, not perfect, but very fast, more of a sweep really, designed to trip.

Laric Nworb
Sep 19th, 2003, 04:56:01 PM
Laric felt the sting of the dirk in his thigh followed by the sweep which kocked him off his feet and did not help his injury. He lay on his back as the Sith loomed over him.

"Don't...don't kill..me." he said. "I-I'll serve you, whatever.. whatever you want...slave, possessions...anything just don't-" He did not finish his words and fell into unconsciousness for a moment. At the end of this road was either death or Je'gan would waking him up and take Laric's offer.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:10:46 AM
Je'gan considered for a moment, then kicked Nworb in the side.

"Wake up," he growled. "You're coming with me."

Laric Nworb
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:22:38 PM
Laric opened his eyes and heard what Je'gan had said. Already he was wondering if maybe he should have died. No, he had a responsability to his brother. He struggled to rise to his feet but Je'gan gave him another kick. He was getting impatient. Laric did his best to climb to his feet and he looked at his new master.

He took in a breathe of air and spoke, "How long will I serve...master?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:11:36 PM
"Bah..." Je'gan said exhasperatedly, throwing up his hands and already knowing that this was a bad idea. The man was taking this whole slave role very much to heart.

"A month or two, get you straightened out, whatever. Teach you not to pick fights you can't get into, definitely."

Laric Nworb
Sep 22nd, 2003, 07:25:24 PM
Laric realized he was getting off easy and tried to smile a little, but not too much. He climbed to his feet and stood for a moment. "Where to?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 23rd, 2003, 05:22:27 PM
"For now...thataway. You can fly that swoop...do so."

Laric Nworb
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:25:56 AM
Laric did as he was told and jumped on the swoop and followed Je'gan to who knew where.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 24th, 2003, 12:48:13 PM
They pulled up on the outskirts of a small town in the middle of nowhere. Je'gan hopped off and, throwing a warning grimace to Nworb, headed for a tiny abandoned building. Half-way he gestured for his new...follower?...to join him, then cleared a shallow staircase of dusty boards and levered the door open. Looking around cautiously, he went inside, then turned and waited for Nworb.

Laric Nworb
Sep 29th, 2003, 07:48:14 AM
Laric had no idea what was going on, he had been in the town only a few hours ago. But what was he doing there now? He followed Je'gan into the building and up the stair case. Je'gan had turned around and now faced him. Laric waited for whatever it was going to happen to do so.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 29th, 2003, 05:43:36 PM
"What's the first mistake you made?" Je'gan rapped out, tapping the lightsaber's hilt impatiently in his palm.

Laric Nworb
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:54:52 PM
"I made no mistake when I chose not use the Force." Laric said definantly. "Perhaps my only mistake was investigating what was happening on the plateau."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:34:07 AM
"That was, indeed, your first mistake. Always know to the limits of your capacity what you'll be getting into.

"Your second was your avoidance of your most potent weapon. Deny it or not, this is the case.

"Your third?"

Laric Nworb
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:12:01 PM
"I suppose you're expecting, never fight with a Sith?" Laric said. "But I suppose it was not being prepared for a fight."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:14:12 AM
"That's the general idea," Je'gan admitted. "Always be ready to fight.

"There are now two options available to you. My time is limited, so I really must be brief. One, learn to use the Force. Your talents may be useful...but realize that you could never stand against a Sith. I'm letting you go because of the potential you showed. You recognized your mistakes...few nowadays are willing to do that.

"So yes...learn to use the Force. For economy and efficiency of training, I recommend the Sith Order.

"Your other option is to never use it again.

"Both these options come with a price. If you ever attempt to harm a mamber of my Order, I, personally, will kill you in the most imaginative way possible. Clear?"

Laric Nworb
Oct 14th, 2003, 06:49:18 PM
Laric was getting off light. "Gotcha." he said. Je'gan suggested learning to use the Force. For a moment it almost seemed like the right decision. But going to the Sith Order...maybe not. After this little episode was over laric was going to think long and hard about what he wanted and needed to do with his life.