PDA

View Full Version : I've got a technical question.

Sejah Haversh
Aug 27th, 2003, 02:14:10 PM
I have been wondering for a while now what the procedure would be for a padawan to change masters.

Before you get ahead of me, let me explain my situation.

My character J'ktal Anajii has been accepted by Sage Hazzard as a padawan, and things have been okay. But, as we all know, Sage is prone to constant bouts of "up-and-gone" syndrome where we never know when he'll be back. This time he is sick as a dog, and I understand that.

But, I believe it is more of a personality problem that will lead J'ktal to not learn what he should as a Jedi. He is already very set in his ways, and needs a little more discipline if he is going to adhere to the Jedi code instead of that of the Death-Shadow. For this, I fear that Sage is a little too light-hearted.

Now, I've not wanted to have to back out of the agreement I have with Sage, but when he is not here, and I hear little from him, it makes it difficult to play a believable character. Especially one with such a, shall we say, personality as the gray mongoose.

I have already spoken with someone to see if he, or she, would be willing to take J'ktal on, and they have agreed. But I wanted to know if there was anything in the rules about leaving one master for another. I don't want this to look like the time when Jamel disowned Zeke. That was a disaster.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2003, 02:22:34 PM
I don't think there's a problem with it, providing there is a valid reason - which I see this as being :)

If you wanted to do something IC for it, speaking to Sage (if possible) or the council would be the way to go I think, and the person who you have in mind to become his new Master.

Charley
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:01:26 PM
I'd speak to Sage first.

Sejah Haversh
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:18:30 PM
I have already sent him a PM. But, because of his irreliability of being online, I do know know if or when he will recieve it.