PDA

View Full Version : Some love for TRON 2.0

TheHolo.Net
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:19:36 PM
This is going to date me a little, but back in the day when I was a young teen going to the video game arcade, I used to love to play the Tron games that were tied in with the Disney movie. I used to dream about driving light cycles in combat and participating in other games on the game grid from the film.

To me the Tron movie was, and still is, a thing of greatness for its time, even if most of the computer references were wrong and somewhat silly. The games at the arcade were right on up there for me too.

And now on to modern day, August 2003, a new game to coincide with a new film sequel to the original Tron movie was released. I got it even though I am no big fan of first person style shooters, which for the most part this game looked to be. After about a dozen hours or so of playing the game and seeing what it was entirely compromised of I can now say that I am very pleased with my purchase, and am eager to get some god practice in before I venture out into the Internet game grid, be it disc battles or light cycle competitions.

This game is great. For me it mixes nostalgia with a fresh new and more accurate portrayal of being digitized into a computer system. It blew away my typical “Oh another first person shooter” expectations, by offering some things that other FPS games don’t usually have. It mixes RPG elements in and has a very diverse style of game play when compared to the countless other FPS games I have played.

Sure the textures aren’t as detailed and precise as games like the newest Unreal sequel out there, but they did Tron justice. They stuck to the style of the movie and it works very well for me.

If you happen to be a fan of the old Tron movie, or just a fan of video games that are different than the norm then I would recommend this to each and every one fitting those criteria. This game rocks!!!

I’ll see you on the game grid, programs.

imported_QuiGonJ
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:50:42 AM
I got it and I'm enjoying it also.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 29th, 2003, 09:53:04 PM
i love tron; ill have to get the game when i have the money to spend