PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected News (Helenias and open)

Faith Lerf
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:18:21 PM
It had been almost two months since River left. And for just about a week now Faith had been sick as anything. She figured it was just the stressed getting to her, but after being sick for a week she began to wonder. She had finally be able to pull herself out of bed long enough to make her way into the medical wing. She entered the waiting room and picked up a book to browse through while she waited.

After about ten minutes of waiting Faith began to get sick. Not here! She thought as she hurried into the closest 'fresher. After being sick and cleaning herself up, she stood looking in the mirror. She began to think of River. She sighed. She really did miss him, but she also wondered if this would work out. The distance had been taking it toll. It was hard. She sighed again and walked out back into the waiting room.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 1st, 2003, 07:08:48 PM
Medical centers. How I hated them. I had spent way too much time in them in the last few months. The reason was now becoming obvious - it was becoming harder to hide the bulge in my slim frame that marked the child I was carrying.

I glanced as the blonde came back in the room, after hurriedly leaving. I could pick up the scent (slight) of vomit, which set me frowning. She looked rather healthy and it was rather early in the morning to be drinking.

"Hi" I greeted her.

Faith Lerf
Sep 1st, 2003, 08:12:11 PM
Faith looked up at the woman with a smile. It was nice for someone to show interest in her. "Hello." Faith answered shyly.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 1st, 2003, 08:40:45 PM
"What are you here for?" I asked, deciding to make conversation. "I've got another checkup to do. This baby I am carrying makes me ill a lot"

Faith Lerf
Sep 1st, 2003, 08:47:22 PM
Faith shrugged. "I'm here to find out what's wrong. I've been very very ill for two weeks now, and I want to know what's wrong." Faith looked to Helenias' swalloned stomach with a smile. "Awww, a baby. How far along are you?"

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 11th, 2003, 05:27:02 AM
Being an expectant mother meant I could see the changes a woman took on in child bearing much earlier than other Jedi could. I knew the signs now. Maybe even before the woman in question could.

"About 3 months further along than you are" I stated, noting the small secondry presence in the Force.

Faith Lerf
Sep 11th, 2003, 01:34:39 PM
Faith shook her head. "No, I'm not pregnant. I'm just very sick. There is no way I could be pregnant." Faith said in total disbelief.

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 12th, 2003, 03:21:25 AM
That threw me for a moment. Had I sensed wrong?

I closed my eyes for a few seconds and reached out with the Force. I could feel the effect the woman was having and ... yes there it was. The small secondry presence, hardly noticable. I opened my eyes, summing up the other woman - she was extremely attractive.

"No, I'm not wrong" I said gently, realising that this was breaking the news - I should not have presumed she would have seen the changes just starting in her own body, "There is a small second presence in the Force within you. It is only because I have experienced that same type of presence that I know what to look for. Even other Jedi won't be able to see it for some time. Just dont do what I did when I found out I was pregnant"

Faith Lerf
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:50:51 AM
Faith thought back that night. She put her hand over her mouth. "Oh, no..." She looked up at the woman. "What did you do?"

Helenias Evenstar
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:24:05 AM
"I tore the hell out of a starship. Utterly wrecked the interior. Finding out I was expecting was the most unplesant reality check I have ever had. Maybe one I had to have" I added.

"If I were you" I said, after a second's thought, "I would be looking for help. I can imagine one child will be a handful. Twins, like you have, may well be a challenge. Ummm, I dont think we have been introduced. I am Senator Helenias Evenstar, Jedi Knight. You are...?"

Faith Lerf
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:12:49 PM
Faith nearly fell out of her seat when she mentioned the word 'twins.' She looked up at her with wide eyes. "I'm Faith Lerf. Padawan." She continued looking up at her. "Twins...." She repeated. Oh my, Faith was going to be having twins.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 1st, 2003, 02:28:23 AM
"Nice to meet you Faith" I said, a smile on my face. "Is the father a Jedi?"

Faith Lerf
Oct 1st, 2003, 03:37:20 PM
"It's a pleasure. "Faith smiled and shrugged to Helenias. He is, just not here anymore. He left with his Master to join a group called the Lost Jedi. So he is still a Jedi."

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:01:11 AM
The sudden fall of expression on my face said it all.

"Faith, dont say that group's name again in these walls or to anyone else, ever! Do you have any idea how dangerous that could be???" I hissed, mentally checking to make sure no one had overheard. "The Lost don't play games and their enemies would try to get you if they made a connection. My... daughter, Xazor Elessar is one of the Lost"

"If I were you, I would put some distance between you and the Lost, for the sake of your children and the sake of your love. Do you understand?"

My stare bored into her eyes for a moment, to make sure she understood there was much I was leaving unsaid - that I knew more than she did what the Lost were and what the stakes really were.

"If your man really is one of them, then you have quite a brave and true man. Pray the Force protects him. I can not speak here but....." I took her hand and squeezed it gently, a sure sign that I had some sort of connection to the Lost as well. "I pray God protects them all. I would hate to lose those I love"

Faith Lerf
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:27:33 AM
As Helenias spoke to her about the Lost her expression turned evern more sour. How could River leave out such important information from her about the Lost? How was she supposed to know that she couldn't speak of them, she'd never heard of them until River. She shallowed back hard. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't know I couldn't speak of them, truthfully, the only thing I know about them it that they took River away, that's the extent of my knowledge." She sighed and looked to Helenias. Xazor, that name rang a bell. She remember hearing River and the children speak of them. "Xazor is River's Master." She nodded at everything Helenias was telling her. But how could she put more distance between herslf and River? They haven't even seen each other since he left. She sighed again and looked up to Helenias as she took my hand. A sad smile formed on her lips. "I share your prayers..."

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:31:23 PM
Xazor was River Kincaid's Master? Frell, now I believed I understood.

All too well.

"Faith," I said gently, "Xazor is my daughter. Not by birth, but by adoption. I know all too well what she is in and now, what your River is in too. I ask of you, dont tell that you had this conversation, not yet. Xazor has many cares and worries, I do not wish for her to know of my situation"

Not unless I tell her to her face, I added mentally

Faith Lerf
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:15:34 PM
Faith nodded. "You can trust me with this."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:14:57 AM
"Good. Oh, looks like my turn. Good to meet you" I finished, getting up. "Good luck with the children"

Faith Lerf
Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:01:42 PM
Faith stood as well. "Likewise. And thanks for everything."