PDA

View Full Version : Tarkin in Episode 3

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:40:43 AM
I saw this on theforce.net to me this is not really a spoiler since it is more of a casting deal.

Fans for some time have continued to speculate on whether or not Tarkin would appear in Episode III. The Grand Moff would have to be a younger version and bear a striking resemblance to the veteran actor - considering the powerful performance that Peter Cushing gave in the original Star Wars.
Anyhow, here's what I know: he is in Episode III. I'm not sure who's playing him and how large the role is - but who cares - I can tell you he's in 100% for sure

Cool I new he had to be in it since he seemed to have so much power in ANH. The question is who is playing him?

BUFFJEDI
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:49:39 AM
Thats very cool, I knew that he would be in it. I'm sure it will be brief but I am Loving the way Lucas is blending 3 into 4 :):) I think he will be introduce as like a Military genius or something.

Now we need some details about Qui-Gon. He has to be on it in spirit form ,has to be.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2003, 12:04:16 PM
I think he will be a govenor or something but I think he will do something that will give him great authority. He was second in control of the Empire before he died and he was accused of holding Vader's Leash, he must have done something to gotten that high. As far as Qui-Gon I am postive his spirt will be there how it will be explained I am still not sure.

Ardath Bey
Aug 25th, 2003, 06:13:48 PM
I am pleased to hear Tarkin appearing in Episode III. It's about time Lucas got cracking on the other fundamental key figures of his saga. Grand Moff Tarkin role in all of this is gigantic, nearly as large as the Emperor and Darth Vader himself. I wished Lucas would have had worked in these familiars much earlier into the prequels, Mon Mothma, Tarkin, Bail Organa, etc.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:24:22 PM
Well I think Tarkin fits better in this movie than in 2 with the rise of the Empire. I do think Organa should have had more of a role in AOTC, heck at least tell the audience his name.

Ardath Bey
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:37:15 PM
I wish the prequels would have be established on better character developments. And more political intrigue. And the Imperials could have had a more managable build-up and introduction... ala a universal peace corp or something that conflicted with Jedi agendas from the get go (EP1). Eventually to become the military puppet hammer Palpatine eventually uses to gain control over the senate. Instead we were given a far too marginal and sudden introduction at the end of AOTC. Not really all fantastic or breathetaking relevance to the storyline.

Another thing is Lucas has completely ignored Anakin's past as spoken of in ANH, about him being a herioc Jedi and a great combat ace. Which makes me feel he should have focused EP1 on a preteen or teenage Anakin instead of an adolescent one. No complaints or plot weaknesses either because Luke began his Jedi training at 18 or 19.

JMK
Aug 27th, 2003, 06:35:34 AM
I'm very glad he's in it. I just hope they cast it properly.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:19:21 AM
I wish I knew who it was. On the force.net boards somebody knows but won't reveal who it is. All he says is he is British and is actor that is known. So really I have no idea.

JMK
Aug 28th, 2003, 06:48:32 AM
OH MY GOD? Tarkin is being played by a British actor???? I can't believe it!!! :lol

BUFFJEDI
Aug 28th, 2003, 07:11:19 AM
Originally posted by JMK
OH MY GOD? Tarkin is being played by a British actor???? I can't believe it!!! :lol Canadian humor, at it's best o_O
;)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 28th, 2003, 12:10:01 PM
LOL, if he wasn't British I think it wouldn't work at all. Maybe we will get an annoucement after Labor Day.

Kack Mebuff
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:22:23 PM
I also saw that Mon Mothma and Chewbacca will be in Episode III. I saw it on starwars.com so yeah ... I'm sure you all know that already, but whatever.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 19th, 2003, 12:38:01 AM
Well he has been revealed and what ever they have done this guy looks like Tarkin

http://theforce.net//episode3/newspics/Tarkin_spy_nicecatch.jpg

darth_mcbain
Sep 19th, 2003, 10:08:15 AM
Whoa - that is a spittin' image of the Ep. IV Tarkin minus 5 or 10 years...

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 19th, 2003, 12:19:02 PM
I know they must have done some make up on the actor or something. The Actor who is playing him in Richol Nichol I think, pretty much an unknown. I doubt Tarkin will have a huge role in the film probably a 10 minute part at the most. Still will be cool to see him in it.

Shawn
Sep 19th, 2003, 03:35:27 PM
Those pictures are of a latex mask that the actual actor is going to wear. He's supposed to be in the background, but he will speak.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 19th, 2003, 05:19:43 PM
Cool at least Tarkin will make an appearance :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 19th, 2003, 05:20:03 PM
They must have taken the pictures down, I see nothing. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 19th, 2003, 08:54:02 PM
Yeah probably LFL made them take it down, if you go the theforce.net forums you can find a link I am sure or you can wait I am sure another pic will pop up the closer we get to the film.

ReaperFett
Sep 19th, 2003, 10:19:57 PM
That Lucas, he'll do anything to get NSYNC in a Star Wars movie ;)

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 20th, 2003, 12:17:04 AM
I saw them. :)