PDA

View Full Version : Too bad, sooo sad! (Quay'Na)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:13:28 AM
No dark robes or extended hood this time. No skulking in a dark corner in the back of the bar. She was out in the open.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld rested comfortably on one of the benches outside of Yog's Bar and Grill, her feet crossed at the ankles. Her blonde mane was swept up in a twisted roll at the back of her head and great effort had been taken to make sure that her makeup - her entire appearance - was immaculate.

Attired in a suitable yet expensive black dress, complete with veil and shoes to match, the recently widowed sat patiently, knowing that sooner or later the one she was wanting to speak with would show.

With casual interest, her veiled blue eyes would follow those who drifted in and out of the B&G and she received her share of sidelong looks as well. Ever the well-bred, Daiquiri met each inquiring glance with a smile and nod, then promptly put that person from her mind. Mrs. Van-Derveld was there for one purpose and refused to be distracted.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:30:44 AM
Being out for the first time since Vega's death, Quay'Na Rakai stepped out in the warm sunshine and headed towards the Bar and Grill. Her Master was gone away on a trip and the four walls of his quarters were driving her crazy. It was time to get out.

Dressed in her usual Padawan attire, she walked across the street and headed for the door of Yog's. Not even taking notice to the lady in black, sitting just outside.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:47:17 AM
From beneath the veil, Daiquiri's lips twitched. Here comes 'little miss innocent', herself.

A critical eye ran over the padawan, taking in her facial features. Daiquiri could tell so much more now with the sun shining than she could two nights ago under the moon. The night Vega was murdered.

Her husband had good taste. This Quay girl was quite attractive and Daiq could see where he would enjoy not only messing with her head but with her heart as well. Best to go ahead and burst her bubble now. She had sat there long enough. Time to have a bit of fun.

Daiquiri stood and tucked her black handbag beneath her arm as the girl approached the door.

"Quay'Na? Ive been waiting for you. I think you and I need to have a little talk."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:52:50 AM
Quay'Na turned and looked at the woman, very puzzled. "Who are you? And how do you know my name?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 24th, 2003, 12:16:17 PM
From behind the veil, Daiquiri smiled.

"Im Daiquiri, Vega's wife."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 12:23:44 PM
Quay'Na felt her breath escape her as she stared at the veiled woman. "What? No," she shook her head. "I don't believe you. Vega wasn't married."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 24th, 2003, 12:34:10 PM
"I beg to differ. Vega and I lived together for several months and he and I were married recently, not more than two months ago."

Daiquiri angled the bag under her arm a bit higher so that the tiny camera inside captured Quay's full reaction. Vega would want to see the holovid once she got back to the 'Stadt.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 12:44:26 PM
"No, this can't be..." She answered as her lungs tightened and her breathing got harder. "He wouldn't..."

He loved me! I know he did!

Her mind began to see this woman for who she truly was, a liar!

"No!!" She screamed, as all her pent up emotions began to come undone. "I don't know who you are, or who sent you to play this evil trick, but leave me alone! I just lost the only man I've ever loved, don't you see that? How dare you come to me with this filth!"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 24th, 2003, 12:54:15 PM
"Id hardly refer to my marriage as ."

Her tone was dry as the padawan began to get hysterical.

"Why else would he have invited you to dinner the other night when I was already there with him? Vega [I]wanted you to see us together."

Daiquiri was beginning to see just how entertaining this had been for her recently departed mate and was actually garnering some enjoyment from it, herself.

"He even had my wedding ring inscribed. Would you like to read it for yourself?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 01:08:52 PM
It was a nightmare! A bloody nightmare! "Stay away from me!" Quay'Na nearly screamed. Her mind was reeling so badly, she could barely see straight.

She felt sick, she felt weak...this wasn't happening!! But, it was and she somehow realized that what this woman was saying was true.

Tears of pain fell from her eyes as she stumbled backwards slightly. Her heart breaking more now than before....

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 24th, 2003, 01:25:50 PM
"Did I mention we have a daughter together? She's quite the Daddy's girl."

Daiquiri started to slip her wedding ring off but now hesitated, looking at the woman with mock concern.

"Oh, its all a terrible blow to you, Im sure."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 01:40:53 PM
Not being able able to have children of her own, the last comment broke her.

Vega had lied to her and she knew that she had meant nothing to him, she was merely a pawn in this evil plot. But, for what purpose? To shatter a young girl's heart? Her mind?

It was shattered alright, everything she ever believed in was gone. She had lied to her master, she had broken commitments to her friends, she was more than addicted to stimulants, but worst of all...she had committed adulty. She had been seeing a married man and had allowed herself to fall in love with him!

She was nothing, she was a tramp and everyone would see her as this and pass bad judgement on her. And there was nothing she could do about it....or was there?

Quay'Na glared at Daiquiri. "Okay, you've said what you've come here to say, now leave me alone!"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 24th, 2003, 01:52:39 PM
One perfectly shaped brow arched beneath the veil.

"Theres no need to get snippy with me, little padawan. I came here as a curtesy to you......and to personally invite you to the wake Im having...for your dead lover."

With one hand, Daiquiri lifted the veil, settling it back over her hair.

"Its night after next at our home on Fascinataru. If youre entertaining enough with your tears, I might just let you kiss him goodbye."

Pursing her lips together, Daiq made a small kissing sound then laughed at the expression on Quay's jilted face.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 02:10:17 PM
"How dare you mock me. I would never come to see your husband's wake!" Anger began to boil in her for what Vega done to her. She hated him! She hated his wife! The anger was over-powering! Until, she realized just what Vega had done, this was his plot. The Darkside.

Let it go, Quay... Came the gentle words of her former Master.

Quay'Na squeezed her eyes shut and concentrated on allowing the anger to pass over her, through her.

She was shaking as she did so, until it was gone and she was left with an emptiness, a retched ache. An ache which she knew deep down she would never recover from.

She'd failed just as her mother wanted her too. She failed her Master, she had failed her friends and...she had failed the Order.

Finally opening her eyes, she looked at Daiq. "Be off with you. You have no more business here with me. You've said what you've come to say....just go..." Her voice was hollow, held no emotion. But, the pain inside her was growing, devestatingly fast.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 24th, 2003, 02:27:39 PM
The smile spread wider.

"That was quite a show of anger, padawan. So unbecoming in a future Jedi. Tsk, tsk."

Daiquiri held one hand out to Quay.

"Why dont you come with me? We can talk and I could teach you how to release your anger instead of swallowing it and letting it eat you from the inside out."

She gestured to the Jedi Order, the buildings in easy view.

"Its more than obvious you dont belong here. Vega had told me that you lied and cut training to be with him. That doesnt sound like someone who truly wants to be a Jedi."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 02:35:24 PM
"I would never follow you!" She growled. "I don't need this, I don't need Vega and I don't need you!"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 24th, 2003, 02:47:23 PM
The widow gave her a knowing smirk.

"Oh, I think I'll be seeing you around, Quay. Maybe sooner than you think. So much anger...."

Pulling the veil back over her eyes, Daiquiri winks at the fuming Quay then casually strolls off down the street, leaving Yog's behind and the padawan behind.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 02:58:29 PM
Quay'Na hung her head as Vega's widow left. Deep down, she knew the widow was right, she wasn't fit to be a Jedi....

Too much had happened and it was just too late....

Hot tears stung her eyes as she slowly walked back over to the Temple, it was over... (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31530)