PDA

View Full Version : Little runaway (closed)

Valanya Belargic
Aug 24th, 2003, 09:10:23 AM
A little half-elven, half-garou head peeked over the rim of a large plant pot. Her wavy blonde hair is tucked behind her little pointed ears, and it is obvious as she grins that she is beginning to develop her first set of fangs, however small they may be. She had been playing with her daddy on the grass, but he had fallen asleep while she was having a nap so she’d decided it was time to explore!

Off Valanya had went, barely a few yards from her father – but to her it seemed like a great distance. She was now inspecting the gigantic leaves of the potted plant, and trying not to get lost inside of its branches.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 09:29:39 AM
Quay'Na Rakai had just entered the garden, with her ferret; Jax laying sleepily on her shoulders. With a deep inhale, she opened herself up to the animal life within.

Smiling, she walked further in. Moki, the Raven swooped down and landed on a nearby branch, chattering about some child loose in the garden.

"Child loose in the garden? Where?" she asked as the Raven replied telepathically and took off towards the north end.

Quay'Na followed and came up on a very peaceful sleeping Dasquian, but no child. Not disturbing him, she began to hear some rustling in some nearby bushes and walked over to investigate.

At first glance she noticed very familiar blonde hair. The same blonde hair of a man she'd begun to become close too.

She knelt down smiling and peeked into the bushes at the little girl. "Hello, little one." She said very softly, she loved kids.

Valanya Belargic
Aug 24th, 2003, 09:32:10 AM
Valanya shrunk back and the leaves returned to their places, hiding her … at least, that was what she imagined it looked like. Really, she was quite plainly visible, grinning toothily. After a few seconds the big lady didn’t seem to have noticed her, so she hopped forward through the greenery again, throwing her arms up in triumph at having fooled Quay. :D

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 09:39:32 AM
Quay'Na acted surprised at the child's sudden reappearance and laughed. "Oh, you scared me..." She put her hand over her heart in mocked fear.

The child was a doll, every bit a resemblence to her parents.

"Would you like to play?" she asked kindly, so she wouldn't scare her into hiding again. "My name is Quay'Na, but you probably can't say that, can you say...Q?" Quay'Na figured the word would sound more like, coo. If she spoke at all.

Valanya Belargic
Aug 24th, 2003, 09:43:14 AM
Valanya plodded forward through the mud. Luckily she seemed to have inherited her fathers taste in clothes so it didn’t matter too much that she was getting all mucky – in fact it looked quite fitting!

Although she could not speak basic, Dasquian and Aaron had begun to teach her to speak Hallaeran, and always spoke it around her. Her mommy always spoke a difficult language that she didn’t understand, and that seemed to be what Q was doing too. Never the less, she managed to say:

“Coo,” and beamed with pride, peeking across to her daddy to see if he’d heard her … but he was still snoozing. The little Halfling pouted and gave an adorable little sigh. :(

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 09:53:25 AM
Quay'Na's smile widened as she sat down on the ground. Hopefully, she could keep her here, so when Dasquian awaken he wouldn't be wondering where his daughter went.

"That's it 'coo, Valanya." She knew her name from conversations with Dasquian. "Would you like to see Jax?"

Quay'Na moved her shoulder and her ferret's head popped up. "This is Jax, he's ferret. Would you like to pet him?"

The ferret reluctantly, moved down her arm and onto Quay'Na's lap, sniffing as he went.

"Be real careful. He won't hurt you."

Valanya Belargic
Aug 24th, 2003, 09:56:14 AM
There was a gasp from Valanya – :eek what was that! Her excitement, and indeed curiosity, got the better of her. She lunged out towards the ferret, trying to grab the sleek furred thing and subsequently fell right off of the edge of the pot onto Quay.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:02:31 AM
Quay'Na caught the child with ease so she wouldn't hurt herself, but Jax took off with a squeal.

She looked down at the little girl she was holding and shrugged. "Well, Jax went bye-bye. I can show you some birds, would you like that?" There were plenty of animals around for Valanya to see and Quay'Na would enjoy showing her.

Valanya Belargic
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:05:13 AM
Valanya wasn’t too sure about being held… she squirmed about a bit before flailing her arms and crying out something that Quay couldn’t understand, but was probably just a jumble of letters. Behind the Padawan, Dasquian sat up bolt upright, stiff as a board and still three-quarters asleep. Seeing this, the little girl made a bold attempt to scramble over ‘coo’ to get to her daddy.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:11:01 AM
Quay'Na quickly let the child go and smiled as she turned around to see Valanya pounce on her father. "Sorry, I was trying to keep her quiet so you could sleep. I guess, she didn't want to see the birds." She said with a smile and a shrug. "She's a doll, Dasquian."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:15:03 AM
Still bleary eyed, Dasquian found his neck being enveloped by little arms.

“Did I fall asleep?” he looked down at Valanya, who was grinning and showing off her little canines, like her mother always did. He noticed Quay them, and smiled dreamily.

“Hi. I see you met Valanya.”

“…coo!”

“Oh and you learnt a new word, well done,” these last words sounded like Dasquian was whispering, in a soft breathy voice which could not be understood.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:22:03 AM
"Yes, we've met and she's quite the sweetheart. She is so cute." Quay'Na smiled back as she stood and walked over to them, then sat back down. She turned her head for a moment. "Jax, come here." She called.

A moment later, a rustle from the bushes could be heard and Quay'Na's ferret came out and ran across the grass and right up her arm. Where he took refuge about her shoulders. "This, is my baby."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:00:03 AM
Valanya, who was sitting comfortably on her fathers stomach, suddenly lurched forward again at the sight of Jax. Dasquian caught her, and held her in close.

“Ah, ah. Jax is Q’s… musn’t touch,” he whispered, again in the odd language.

“She hasn’t been any bother, has she? She seems to have inherited the worst characteristics from the both of us,” he chuckled mirthfully.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:09:12 AM
"No, not at all." Quay'Na smiled. "We were just playing peek-a-boo in the bushes over there. Did you have a nice sleep?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:16:04 AM
“I did… I shouldn’t have been asleep though! I was just so worn out from training and Aaron wasn’t around to look after her,” Valanya tugged on one of her fathers braids.

“They really need to open some sort of day-care here,” he shook his head and laughed as he gently pried the hair away from his daughter.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:29:59 AM
"Now, that would be a good idea," she smiled. "I'd be willing to help out, I love children." Her expression turned somewhat solemn. "You know, you're really lucky to have her."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:31:38 AM
“I am,” Dasquian held Valanya up, smiling back at the rosy little face before him. He remembered Sulli and Sophitia, his first children, and what had befallen them – he would not allow the same to happen to Valanya.

“You are welcome to come see her, anytime. She seems to enjoy meeting new people,” he looked back to Quay, noticing the sadness in her eyes, “And their pets.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:45:44 AM
"I'd really love that, Dasquian. Perhaps, when she gets more used to me, I could help you out and keep her sometimes. I know your schedule is very hectic." The smile returned.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:48:13 AM
“I would be most grateful for that, Quay,” he nodded lightly.

“I’m sure she would benefit from having a woman around her more often…”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:59:41 AM
She blushed slightly then looked him in the eyes, while she leaned over and touched his hand. "You know, that I would do anything to help you. God, knows you were there for me in my times of need. And that is something, I'll never forget."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:04:10 AM
The Hallaeran smiled warmly.

“That’s what friends are for,” he turned his hand over and gave Quay’s a light squeeze in return.

Valanya, watching this, slapped her hand down on top of Quay’s, wanting to join in whatever game they were playing.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:11:59 AM
Quay'Na laughed at the little one. "Valanya, can you play patty-cake?" She held her hands in front of the little girl with a big grin.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:14:40 AM
Dasquian watched as Valanya made a confused face. He said something to her in the odd language and she shook her head, but held her hands out anyway, wondering what type of game this was.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:23:09 AM
With a little bit of coaxing, Quay'Na was finally able to get Valanya to play the game. Her heart went out to the child as wondered for a few moments, what it would be like to have a child of her own, but there was no possibility of that. And she sighed deeply.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:24:52 AM
Valanya seemed to be enjoying herself, but Quay still looked a bit down.

“Is everything alright?” he asked, thankful that children seemed to be oblivious to most of what was going on around them.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:37:30 AM
"I was just thinking that having a child like your daughter is so out of reach for me. It's something that I've longed for but, something that I'll never have." She smiled down at the child as Valanya smacked her hands. "I can't have children and I'd really love too someday."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:40:48 AM
“Oh, I see.”

Dasquian had been more than surprised to learn that Valanya was his daughter. He had never imagined that Garou could mate outside of their species and successfully produce offspring. How wrong he had been!

“I’m sorry.”

Valanya had not caught the somewhat subdued change in the air and still bounced happily on her toes. He now felt a little guilty. He wanted to suggest adoption but felt a bit awkward doing so.

“… There are plenty of young Padawans around the Order who would be glad to have you mothering them I’m sure,” he added, an attempt at consolation.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:48:04 AM
"I'll keep that in mind, Dasquian." She smiled again as she watched his daughter get a hold of another one of his braids and pull on it happily.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:50:33 AM
“And as I’ve said, you’re welcome in our quarters any time,” he added, a broad smile on his lips.

After a few moments he realized he was staring at Quay, and instead looked back down at Valanya who was trying to eat his robes.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 05:01:21 AM
Quay'Na laughed and watched the two of them, Dasquian was quite a good father. He was always so kind and gentle towards herself, but seeing him enteracting with his daughter made her heart flutter a bit.

"Seems, she might be a bit hungry, do you have anything in that diaper bag over there for her?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 05:05:48 AM
Dasquian looked over to the small satchel.

“Some of Kelt’s soup in a flask and a little lembas bread to break up and eat with it.”

Valanya perked at the word lembas – obviously knowing what that was.

“You couldn’t grab them for me, could you?” he asked, a little tied up with Valanya trying to scale his chest.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 05:13:04 AM
"I'm on it," she told him as she quickly stood and grabbed the bag and brought it back over. "I think, she knows she's about to get fed." Quay'Na smiled as she sat back down by them, opened it up and brought out the small canister of soup and a little bag of bread or crackers more or less. With a smile, she took out a cracker and held it up for Valanya to see. "Would you like some lembas bread, Valanya?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 05:26:30 AM
Valanya did as she had done with Jax and, forgetting all about her father, clapped her hands at the bread.

“I think we can take that as a yes,” Dasquian chuckled.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 08:30:16 PM
Quay'Na smiled as broke off a small piece for Valanya to chew on, she seemed to really like it.

She so much longed to hold her, but knew that would have to wait. So, Quay'Na just simply watched them with a kind smile on her face.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 01:36:06 AM
Valanya munched happily on the little bit of bread, using her baby-fangs to crush it up into little bits. She was growing quickly, Dasquian could see that – it must have been the Garou in her. He’d heard about increased metabolisms and growth spurts, but he hadn’t expected this. Dasquian sighed, and watched his daughter in silence.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 02:53:03 AM
"She really seems to like it. How old is she?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 02:54:41 AM
“It’ll be her first birthday soon. You wouldn’t think it though.”

He glanced up at Quay and smiled, “She’s gets that from her mother.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:00:52 AM
"Her first birthday?" That was hard to believe, Quay'Na would have never guessed, she would've thought at least her second. "Wow, that's quite surprise."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:03:35 AM
“From what I understand, they have accelerated growth up until they are somewhere around Xazor’s age, then it slows down. I imagine it much catch up with them at some point, but I’ve never known a Garou that old before so I wouldn’t really know.”

He gave a little shrug.

“Does your species have any little quirks like that?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:09:03 AM
The Padawan shook her head with a smile. "No, the growing process is quite a bit slower. So, within like the next couple of years you could have a teenager on your hands?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:16:23 AM
“I’m not sure its that quick, but she was certainly age faster than the average bear.”

Dasquian grinned.

“Where as I won’t be aging any time soon.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:23:54 AM
That thought was kinda strange. She thought of herself as being a fifty-year-old Jedi Master one day and him looking still as young as ever. That was really strange.

"Well, I'm only nineteen, so I have a ways to go." Jax moved slightly, popping up his head and sniffing the air, then looking at the bag of bread.

"Oh, don't even think about it, Jax." Quay'Na warned. "You ate before we came." A few seconds passed. "Yes, I think she'd really mind, go back to sleep."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:25:37 AM
“Oh, he can have some if he wants. It’s easy and quick to make.”

Dasquian snapped a little bit off and held it out.

“I’m sure Valanya doesn’t mind, right?” he asked, as the little girl’s eyes lit up on spotting Jax again.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:35:07 AM
"Ok, go get it," She told the little ferret as she held up her arm towards Dasquian and Jax moved cautiously across it, grabbed the bread, turned and ran back around Quay'Na's neck. His tail flipping Dasquian as he went.

Quay'Na laughed. "He does have manners, he just forgets them every once in a while."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:37:22 AM
Valanya clapped and tried to get another piece of bread to lure the ferret from its perch once more.

“I might have to look into getting one of those for little miss here when she’s a bit more… trustworthy,” Dasquian eyed Valanya.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:42:00 AM
Quay'Na nodded. "I bet Jax would really like that." She said as she looked at him, his bread was nearly gone and he was eyeing the piece Valanya had.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2003, 02:34:12 AM
Valanya wobbled her way across to Jax, who shrunk away at first but peeked back out again at the sight of the bread. Using Quay to keep herself steady, she stretched up to hold the bread out.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 27th, 2003, 02:55:18 AM
Slowly, Jax came out onto Quay'Na's arm sniffing along as he went all the way down towards where Valanya was holding out the bread. Cautiously, he reached out and grabbed it. Holding it up the ferret began to eat.

Valanya squealed in triumph and clapped her little hands together.

Quay'Na smiled down at her then looked at Dasquian, "I think, Jax may have a new friend."

Valanya Belargic
Aug 28th, 2003, 08:45:57 AM
Valanya seemed to agree. She held out a hand to try and pet the ferret’s smooth fur. :D

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 28th, 2003, 05:08:15 PM
Quay'Na picked up her ferret and carefully held him down by Valanya, stroking his fur lightly. "See? Be gentle and he'll let you pet him."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2003, 01:32:34 AM
“I don’t think gentle is in her vocabulary,” Dasquian grinned.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 29th, 2003, 02:09:59 AM
"Perhaps, then you should guide her hands, so she can pet him. Just to be on the safe side." Quay'Na suggested.

Valanya Belargic
Aug 29th, 2003, 10:29:05 AM
Valanya was about to reach out and grab a fist full of fur when she saw daddy’s hands taking her own. :huh He guided them for her, gently passing them over the ferret despite her best efforts to yank at the wriggly body. She had been a bit upset at first that she couldn’t hold it all by herself, but this was nice anyway! She hoped daddy get her a one of these furry things :D

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 29th, 2003, 10:33:16 AM
Quay'Na was glad to see that Valanya was enjoying herself as well as Dasquian. And then there was Jax, who seemed quite supportive of the petting and nudged himself a bit closer.

Valanya Belargic
Aug 29th, 2003, 10:46:48 AM
Valanya almost stumbled but Dasquian caught her. She was just about to pet Jax again, when something bleeping made the ferret shrink away :( With a little sigh, she looked expectantly up at her daddy - the bleeping seemed to be coming from him.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2003, 10:48:13 AM
“Oh bother!”

Dasquian carefully let go of the little hands in his own and looked down at the small pager unit on his belt. He picked it up, frowned, and sighed.

“I’m afraid I’ve got to go. Sorry,” he scooped up Valanya, who whimpered and frantically tried to reach Jax and coo.

“Very nice seeing you, Quay. Thanks for putting up with us. Come on Vala, I’ve got to drop you off with uncle Aaron… got to go talk with the Cowcil.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 29th, 2003, 11:21:43 AM
Quay'Na stood up and smiled. "No problem. It was nice seeing you too, Dasquian. And you too, Valanya." She waved to them sighed heavily as she watched them go.