PDA

View Full Version : Something terribly wrong (open)

Logic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:11:54 PM
Logic, the guardian droid, is sitting at a vacant table, head held in its hands and staring at a relentlessly scrolling datapad. Its mechanical brain is thinking, reviewing the information with all the speed it can muster, making connections between facts, breaking connections proven false, trying to configure sense out of the changes it detects within the body of Lillian Snow.

I can solve this mystery! it mutters, seeming almost frustrated. The answer is obvious!

Despite this, it still cannot piece together the riddle it has been picking at for the past month.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 24th, 2003, 06:14:50 PM
"Hi. You're Lillian's guardian droid, yes?" Wei said, standing over the table to look at him.

"And how is she doing? She never seems to be in the mood to talk when I see her. My mom wonders how she is."

Logic
Aug 25th, 2003, 06:02:48 PM
Master Wu Wei, she is never in the mood to talk to you because she fears you. Your reputation as a skilled martial artist has found its way to her ears before your reputation as the one of the most gentle Knights the Order has to offer.

It gestures to the seat next to it, motioning for Wei to sit.

Lillian is doing well, given her illnesses and difficulties in finding training, however there is something awfully wrong with her that I cannot discover. Something is the matter with her body and I cannot find the cause.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:05:36 PM
Wei grinned an embarassed grin at the droid's words and took a seat.

"Thanks."

Wei looked at the datapad, which was scrolling at an alarming rate. Wei followed the words on the screen as best he could, picking up one or two small words, but nothing that would help Wei to figure out what exactly it was the droid was reading.

"So, what exactly is going wrong with her?"

Logic
Aug 25th, 2003, 08:35:00 PM
Logic's voice moves nearly at the speed of the scrolling data as it reviews the pertinent facts that have had it processing circles for days on end.

She is eating less than her usual meager meals. She complains of nausea in the morning when she wakes up. She is much, much hotter than she usually is, as far as her body temperature goes.

The droid pauses, and as it does the datapad ceases its scrolling. Logic reviews the data for a mere fraction of a second before allowing it to continue the onslaught of information.

I cannot figure it out! it blurts suddenly, placing its hands over its darkened visor.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:07:25 PM
"Is that so? Is she sick? She could have a fever or something. Like the flu."

Wei stopped a server droid and ordered a glass of chocolate milk.

"Have you tried to take her to a doctor?"

Logic
Aug 26th, 2003, 04:10:14 PM
It's not the flu!

The pad scrolls ever faster, and Logic follows at an alarming pace, rapping out more facts almost too fast to be understood.

Despite the fact that she's eating less, she is gaining weight. This-does-not-FOLLOW!

The datapad goes blank and displays a single message: Reboot? Y/N

Logic punches a command and drums its fingers as it the pad reloads.

She will not visit a doctor. She stubbornly refuses to go into the infirmary simply because there are men amongst the staff there.

Emotion
Aug 26th, 2003, 04:13:37 PM
She had been sitting and thinking before she had taken note of the droid and the man at the one table. The droid seemed to be frustrated about something on a Data-pad and it seemed the man was trying to help. The small 'girl' had decided that she was also going to help, so she moved to stand by the table.

"May I see that Mister?" She held out a small hand to Logic and waited for the data-pad.

Logic
Aug 27th, 2003, 08:38:23 PM
The datapad, reboots, crashes, and finally dies of overuse. Logic hands it off to the girl and sends her on her way, returning to the task at hand.

Master Wu Wei, have you ANY clue what's the problem? I fear she may die if I cannot discover the cause of this...

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 27th, 2003, 08:49:35 PM
"Well, let's see. Eating less...gaining weight..." Wei thought about it a little. "Well, let's think. Um..."

Wei was clueless. "I have no idea." Wei paused. "Wait, I know! Let's ask my mom! She ought to know! She knows about all sorts of illnesses. Maybe I can try to get a hold of her or something."

Logic
Aug 27th, 2003, 10:44:09 PM
How would you manage that? Logic asks, suddenly looking directly at the Knight. How long would this take? It is imperative that I learn of this as soon as possible.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 28th, 2003, 08:01:21 AM
"Well, let's see..." Wei leaned back as he tried to remember his mom's last message to him.

"She's actually coming to visit me again. She said she'd be here in a day or two. But that was yesterday. She might be here by now."

Logic
Aug 28th, 2003, 05:23:47 PM
Don't just sit there, FIND OUT!

The urgency in Logic's mechanical voice is unmistakable. It stands hurriedly, dragging Wei to his feet and beginning to move for the door.

Your mother may well be the savior of her life!

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 28th, 2003, 09:59:43 PM
"Ok, ok."

Wei never saw the need to be rushed in anything. He would move fast if he needed to, but he wouldn't be rushed. There was a difference.

Wei fumbled about in his pockets and found the old communicator thing that he used to talk to his parents. He switched it on and simply said, "Mom, it's about Lillian. You know, that sickly girl you gave my room too. She's been feeling hot and nauseous sometimes, and she's eating less, but gaining weight. If you could tell us what's wrong, we'd appreciate it. Love you, mom. Bye."

Wei looked over to Logic. "THis thing is old, so it'll take a bit to get the message to mom. Then we gotta wait for her to reply. It could be a little bit, so we at least need to wait patiently for a bit. For now, things are out of our hands."

Logic
Aug 29th, 2003, 05:18:54 PM
That's it? Just a comm call?

Then we wait.

The droid plunks itself back down in a chair, ticking off the minutes in it's mechanical mind.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:36:44 PM
"Yep. We wait." Wei said, sitting down again with Logic. "So, where is Lillian, anyway?"

Logic
Sep 1st, 2003, 07:28:39 PM
In bed at her quarters, running a high fever and trying to keep down the poorly made sandwich I prepared for her. She asked me the other day if she was dying, as the doctors predicted she would at her birth.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 1st, 2003, 07:33:30 PM
Wei leaned back, thinking about what Logic had said. "Well, I don't think she's going to die."

A beep on the old communicator pierced the air and reached Wei's ears. "Oh, that's my mom."

Wei took out the contraption he had used to contact his mother, and pressed a button. A staticy image of Te appeared and the message was short. Oh, that does sound like trouble. Your father and I are actually very close to the Jedi campus, so we'll see you at your room in a few minutes, ok? Keep a look out for us. I love you!

Logic
Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:53:21 AM
Then we should be in your room in a few minutes as well.

Logic stands hastily, pushing in its chair.

If they're already on the campus we need to hurry. It will be a chore to meet them on time as it stands.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:48:00 PM
Wei nodded and got up as well, walking out the doorat a brisk pace. "My mom's coming to visit! Yaaaaay!"

Logic
Sep 3rd, 2003, 07:13:29 PM
Now is no time for infantile celebration!

Logic has never understood Wei's childish behavior. It's never made sense for a fully grown man to behave as a toddler.