PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory- No Wolf Strays Alone (open)

Silus Xilarian
Aug 23rd, 2003, 12:58:28 PM
A bandaged hand pushed the door to the bar and grill open. Its owner, clad in black, pushed his way into the Jedi establishment. Before the guard at the door could as for his weapons, the man tossed two lightsabers his way. The sunglasses that covered the man's face wear removed and tucked into his coat. His face was expressionless, saving for a deep brooding anger hidden deep within his blue eyes. He didnt look around. He wasnt going to waste his time asking people their affiliations. He'd lost the patience for that long before he reached the bar.

Rather than retreating to a corner booth, Silus strode up to the bar. The barkeep started to ask for his order but was quickly cut off. Silus spoke loudly...

"Im looking for a Jedi."

Morgan Evanar
Aug 23rd, 2003, 01:14:23 PM
How does that saying go? Walk softly with a big stick?

Well, Morgan always walked softly, but never really bothered with the stick.

He tapped the felllow genlty on the shoulder.

"Yes?"

Silus Xilarian
Aug 23rd, 2003, 01:26:45 PM
Silus turned around somewhat slowly. The guy was a bit taller than him, not overlly impressive, just a bit taller.

"A man was killed a few days ago at a resturant called Chez Huntington- its nearby. This man was a good friend of mine, and I intend to find out who his killer is."

Silus' brows narrowed slightly as he glared at the man....

Morgan Evanar
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:16:53 PM
Morgan frowned.

"Sorry to hear that. I read about it in the news this morning. Some assassin offed Vega Van Derveld. Seems kind a bit unlikely."

Silus Xilarian
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:32:02 PM
"The owner of the resturant said they were fighting with sabers at one point. Im pretty sure there were more than a few people around here who would have liked to taken him out. I wanna know who was sent, and on what grounds."

The resturant owner hadnt mentioned the fact that Vega was the only one with a saber in the whole ordeal, and the fact that the Watch had the only copy of the security vids left Silus no way to see this.

"I was under the impression that the Jedi didnt condone murder."

Morgan Evanar
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:39:41 PM
"We don't. No one was sent." Morgan said more flatly than three week old soda.
"Only one of the Padawans saw it. She was pretty upset about the whole ordeal. If you're suspecting one of us, you're mistaken. There was an awful lot of blaster use for a Jedi. And as rotten as eyewitness reports are, there wasn't a saber duel."

Silus Xilarian
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:47:34 PM
"Whats her name, I wish to speak with her."

Deep down somewhere, Silus knew he wasnt being lied to, but his own feelings right now blinded him to that sense. All he wanted was a name of the killer, a description...Anything. He wasnt putting the thought that the Jedi were responsible out of his mind, he was running an investigation, plain and simple.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:20:48 PM
"Quay'Na Rakai. She's rather distraught right now, so I couldn't say how much good talking to her would do."

Morgan folded his arms across his chest.

"But I'll see what I can do."

Silus Xilarian
Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:33:42 PM
"I would appreciate it."

Silus crossed his arms behind his back, not moving from his spot. He wasnt sure if Morgan was going to see what he could do right away, or wait til later, so Silus was sure to make it clear that he wasnt going to leave without some answers.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 24th, 2003, 03:59:52 PM
Morgan turned on his heel and strode away. Hopefully Quay'Na was in her quarters, and hopefully this fellow would keep his pants on.

He sighed. He opened the door after several knocks, already knowing no one was there. Carefully, he picked up a discarded padawan robe from a chair, the only out of place thing in the room. Normally, he would look down on this kind of invasion of privacy, but he'd also rather not have the guy in the bar go off.

Morgan sniffed the robe a few times, replacing it roughly the same way it was before. Considering the last few days, she was probably in one of the Meditation rooms.

His assumption had been correct, and he gently rapped a loose fist against the wood door.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 04:07:48 PM
Quay'Na opened her eyes and looked up to see Master Evenar standing just outside the door. She quickly picked herself up from her sitting position on the floor and bowed. "Master Evenar." She said, though there was no real feeling in her voice. She was just merely there, her eyes seemed hollow and unmoving.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 24th, 2003, 04:58:57 PM
Words always felt so hollow at times like these.

"One of Vega's aquantinces wants to talk to you. He's sort of suspicious about the whole ordeal. If you feel up to it, talking to him and putting a few of his concerns to rest would be helpful." Morgan tried to smile, but failed.

"Sorry."

Silus Xilarian
Aug 25th, 2003, 02:24:04 AM
Silus avoided pacing around the Bar and Grill. He didnt do anything, just stood and waited. Usually he would have sat down and had a drink while he waited. The thought didnt even cross his mind tho. Somehow he felt that if he could find the killer soon enough, it would bring Vega back to life. He knew good and well that this wasnt true, but the fact that Vega was one of his best friends didnt allow the reality of the situation to set it. As focused as Silus was, he was delusional, blinded by thirst for vengeance. The only thing placating him now was the Jedi's willingness to help, or the illusion of it at least. At this point, he questioned every motive.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 02:56:40 AM
Talk about the night of Vega's death? She could barely think of it, let alone talk about it.

With a deep, sorrowful sigh, Quay'Na nodded. "I'll...I'll do my best, Master Evenar. It'll be very hard..." Her voice trailed off as a tear silently slipped down her cheek.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 25th, 2003, 02:25:20 PM
Morgan nodded.

"You're putting someone's mind at ease, maybe it will help yours." He managed a concerned smile. Again, it probably felt like false syrupy nonsense, but the silence was opressive, each sniffle was a close crash of thunder. Quay'Na had taken Vega's death hard. Based on what other Jedi had told him... it was awkward. In all likelyhood, it had been an egotistical prank on the Dark Jedi's part, but from Quay's point of view...

"You can leave if you get too uncomfortable, and if you need anything, let me know?"

He pointed at Silus.

"That's Vega's friend. I'll be right here."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:03:45 PM
Quay'Na swallowed hard, as she nodded to the Jedi Master. Slowly, she made her way to the man's table. "I'm Quay'Na, Sir. You wanted to speak with me?" Her voice was nearly a whisper as her body trembled slightly.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:57:24 PM
Silus glanced up as Quay'Na approached his table. She looked scared, and it looked as if she had been crying. As much as he wanted to spew out questions and demand answers, it didnt seem like it would be very helpful.

"I wanna know what happened, and who it was that killed Vega."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:13:55 PM
The young Padawan nodded silently as she sat down. Oh, Force, she wished she didn't have to do this. With a deep breath, Quay'Na looked at the man. "I was to meet Vega at the restuarant, he told me it would be a night I'd not ever forget..." She struggled to keep her mind at somewhat ease. But, it was hard.

"When I arrived, he was outside with some dark-dressed guy. The guy flung a trash can lid at him and hit him in the throat..."

Quay'Na paused again. "Then, Vega was struggling, like something was terribly wrong. He was swinging his arms to hit the guy, but he was missing his target, like he couldn't see. The guy was beating him in the head...." Quay'Na closed her eyes as if to gain some kind of ground. With a deep breath, she looked at the man again. "Vega began to strangle him, but the guy got the best of him and began kicking him over and over..." Her voice went almost hollow. "...Vega could do nothing...the guy had him down...and that's when he pulled out a blaster and....and shot Vega...three times...."

The pain she felt was too fresh as she told this guy, she finally couldn't control it any longer and lost it. Hanging her head down and placing a hand on her forehead, her shoulders shook as silent sobs struck her.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:36:36 PM
Silus narrowed his brows a bit. The situation was starting to become slightly awkward. Silus eased his tone a little, so it wouldnt seem so much like he was grilling her for info..

"Had you ever seen the guy before..?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:43:31 PM
It took Quay'Na a few moments to get her emotions back on order, but she still didn't look at him. She merely shook her head. "No, I've never seen him before in my life." She quickly wiped her eyes. "After he killed Vega, he was gone. He got his job done and left." She looked at him straight in the eyes this time, even as another tear rolled down her cheek.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 25th, 2003, 09:46:15 PM
Silus relented a little more, breaking his stare...

"How close were you and Vega..."

This was something that was really tugging at his mind now. It ws everyday a jedi would be upset over the loss of one of the biggest thorns in the GJO's side.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 02:57:11 AM
Quay'Na's gaze stared off somewhere, not really focusing on anything. "I loved him," she told him numbly. "I was hoping that that night, he was going to tell me the same." Another silent tear fell.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 26th, 2003, 09:59:19 AM
Silus' eyes widened slightly. What had Vega been up to? Thoughts wondered around in his mind rather chaotically, multiple possibilities rushed through his mind over what could have happened. It seemed that Vega had been playing some sort of game here, something he was good at.

"One more question and I'll leave you alone..."

Silus glanced around the room for a moment...

"Was there anyone else their who saw it happen, someone else I might be able to talk to?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 07:36:43 PM
"There were a lot of people there, I had to push through crowds before I saw what happened, that's all I can tell you." She told him numbly as she looked down at the table.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 27th, 2003, 01:57:18 AM
"You and Vega seemed pretty close.....for what its worth, I know what you're feeling..."

He couldnt really help it. As cold hearted and mean as he wanted to be, there was this nice person somewhere inside him that made him say that...Of course, it was also comforting to know that someone else cared. It almost felt like a little bit of the weight he'd thrusted on his shoulders was gone.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:13:10 AM
Quay'Na held no doubt there, he one of Vega's friends. "I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you anymore, Sir. But, things were in such a mess that night, I wouldn't have seen my Master had he been standing there beside me." Her voice was devoid of all emotions again.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 28th, 2003, 02:19:26 AM
"You've done your best, and I greatly appreciate it."

Silus reached into his coat and pulled out a small card with a number printed on it...

"If you need anything, dont hesitate to call..."

It was rare that Silus would leave a way to contact him with a complete stranger, a Jedi no less, but given the situation it only seemed right. He slid his chair back slightly and stood...

"Thanks again, I'll let you get back to your affairs."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 28th, 2003, 03:39:53 AM
Quay'Na nodded and took the card. "Thank you, Sir." She answered as she watched him go. With a deep sigh, she had thought talking about the ordeal would've somewhat helped heal her pain, but it only brought it more out to her attention.