PDA

View Full Version : Drinks with Dasquian....(Closed)

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 06:55:11 AM
Continued from here. (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=31277&perpage=20&pagenumber=3)

Quay'Na led the way to the Bar and Grill after having a short teaching session with the Jedi Knight in the gardens.

Being in the early afternoon, the bar was not very busy and Quay'Na was able to find them a seat rather easily. A moment later a server droind appeared.

"I would like a Jawa juice please," she told it and it looked in Dasquian's direction.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:04:41 AM
Regardless of the fact that the waiter was a droid, Dasquian still smiled down at it.

“I’ll try a Bantha Blaster, please.”

He looked back to Quay, “Thanks for helping me there. If you ever need a favor, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:14:11 AM
"Well, I do have several areas where I need help as well, Dasquian. This may seem really weird with my ease at being able to connect with animals, I can't make that same telepathic connection to anyone outside the animal kingdom. Ira and I touched on it a few times before she died and Sage hasn't had time yet. Perhaps, you could help me out there? I'd really like to get a handle on it, it's rather disturbing to say the least."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:16:54 AM
“Certainly. I have some small proficiency in it myself, so I would be more than happy to.”

Dasquian folded his arms across the table.

“It’s quite odd that you would not be able to do it with humans when you can do it with animals… I would have thought it was much easier to communicate telepathically with others of your own species.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:29:06 AM
Quay'Na nodded. "I know, but everytime I've tried I get nothing. I've drawn on the Force just as I would to communicate with animals, but the connections seems almost non-existant."

The waiter droid returned with their drinks and sat them on the table and then scuttled off.

Quay'Na took a drink. "That's better."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:37:04 AM
Dasquian looked down into his glass. It was green and pink, and making odd little popping noises.

“I see,” his attention was obviously held by the odd looking drink that a lot of the younger Padawan’s liked. He picked it up and took a sip, eyes watering a little.

“Crikey,” Dasquian quickly sat the glass back down, little pops going off inside of his mouth.

“People drink and eat some odd things!”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:48:14 AM
Quay'Na couldn't help but laugh, "yes, indeed, Dasquian. I've had one myself and it seems the quicker you drink it the louder it gets. I think, that's why the Padawan's like it, to see who can drink it the fastest. It gives them a charge."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:58:56 AM
“That’s a very odd feeling.”

His eyes were watering a bit now, so he wiped them with the back of his sleeve.

“Sorry about that,” he smiled broadly, still rubbing away the faux-tears.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:09:29 AM
"Don't worry about it, it does a number on ones eyes, if your not used to it. I had one and that was it, I don't ever plan to have another." She sipped her drink, this had been the first time that she'd actually been able to just sit and talk to him. It was quite refreshing, he was really cool. "So, how long have you been a Master, if you don't mind me asking?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:11:23 AM
“Well, I’m only a Knight, of course… but, at this Order, I have been here about 18 months, I think. I was a member of the Old Republic for many years before that, though. I didn’t join as a child, but did as soon as we – Aaron and myself – were able to get to Coruscant.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:21:43 AM
"The Old Republic...but that's...a long time ago. How..." She stumbled over her words, how could he be? How was that possible?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:23:00 AM
“My race has a very long life span,” he explained.

“But the reason why I ended up here was because myself and Aaron were sent out on an ambassadorial mission in cryostasis. The flight was sabotaged, but we somehow managed to come out of it alive – albeit 500 years late.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:29:06 AM
Quay'Na was stunned speechless for a few moments. "Wow," she was finally able to say. "That is quite a story to tell the grandkids."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:31:08 AM
“Indeed. Aaron was captured by Imperials when we first arrived here. From what he tells me, it was quite the traumatic experience.”

Dasquian took another polite sip of his drink.

“It is a miracle that we managed to stay alive for that long. I think we have only the Force to thank for that.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:39:02 AM
"I only met Aaron a while back, he's very quiet or at least he is around me. You two, were very lucky." She smiled. "Very lucky, indeed."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:44:49 AM
“He was very quiet when he originally arrived back. We used to be indistinguishable from one another, but now … we’ve grown so far apart and so different.”

Dasquian thought a moment, back to their old mining home.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 11:09:03 AM
"I always thought twins were supposed to inseperable. That's kinda depressing, I wouldn't like that if I and my sister weren't close. Even though, we don't get to talk like we used too, we're still pretty close." Quay'Na noted it wasn't a good subject for him and decided to change it. "So, what about other family? Aunt's, uncles...cousins?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 11:19:30 AM
“I haven’t met any of my ancestors. On my old home I had a wife and two children, but they weren’t of my species so, obviously, time claimed them. I might have other relatives out there, but I’m not aware of them if they are..”

Dasquian had almost forgotten someone.

“Oh, I have a step brother named William… who’s a rogue of sorts.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:43:01 PM
Quay'Na nodded. "Well, that's cool. Finding kin is really something."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 24th, 2003, 04:20:35 AM
“Yes, especially after so long.”

Dasquian suddenly remembered something else.

“Oh, I met my great great great great grandson once. He was about seventy years old. Quite odd!”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 04:28:51 AM
Quay'Na couldn't even relate. "Yes, I assume that would be...quite odd."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 04:05:57 AM
Dasquian nodded lightly, “I’m talking about myself too much, though, aren’t I?

Tell me more about you.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 04:49:16 AM
Quay'Na blushed slightly. "Well, I'm from Correliato begin with. I was brought into hte Order by Master Ira Valko a little over five years ago, after my uncle contacted her. She tested me and found that indeed I was force-sensitive especially to the animal kingdom and by then after the little incident that went on, I was more than glad to leave."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 04:50:43 AM
“What did you do while you were away with your former, Master?” he asked, with a genuine interest.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:00:37 AM
"We went from systm to system, studying animal life. Some places we stayed for about six months while other places only about a month and a half. It was really quite exilerating."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:06:55 AM
“You must have visited some fantastic places.”

Dasquian took another small sip from his drink.

“Where would you say was the best?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:21:39 AM
"My favorite was definitely Naboo. The forests and the waterfalls, were breathtaking. I'd like to go back sometime. The animal life there thrives..." Her face ashed slightly as she thought of the last time, she'd been there. It was shortly before her Master's death.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:23:13 AM
“I’ve only visited once, briefly, but it does seem like a beautiful place. From what I gather, my home world used to look something like that, until time wore it away.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:29:10 AM
"Wow, that must've been something. Livng in a place like that..." She took a sip of her drink. "Where are you from?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:42:43 AM
“A planet called Hallaera… there are five worlds in its system, all very different from one another. Jedi Knight Evenstar is from one of those most like my own.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:23:06 AM
OOC: must have been asleep, sorry...:)

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 27th, 2003, 03:25:44 AM
"I've not met her yet and I've been here for a few months, you'd think I'd have met all the master's. Perhaps, you can introduce us sometime?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 28th, 2003, 03:07:07 AM
“If you see her, you can’t miss her. Long dark hair, pointy ears, fierce temper.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 28th, 2003, 03:25:07 AM
Quay'Na thought of the description for a moment and then nodded. "I think, I have seen her here. Is she Pierce Tondry's master? Kind of pregnant at the moment?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 28th, 2003, 03:29:22 AM
“That would be her… wait, pregnant?!”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 28th, 2003, 03:45:53 AM
"Uh, yeah..it's not too hard to miss." She smiled. "She obviously, is not very far along. But, you can tell or at least I can. There's that aura around females who are with child."