PDA

View Full Version : The Hapan Remnant

Park Kraken
Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:57:57 PM
Timeline: Several Days After the Fall of the Hapan Cluster to the forces of the Balmorran Empire.
The Hapan Expeditionary Fleet was originally dispatched by Hapes to seek out, and negotiate with colony worlds as the Hapans sought to investigate the possibility of expanding beyond their own borders. The Fleet had reached an agreement with the Core world of Corulag when the Home Cluster fell to the forces of the Balmorran Empire. Since then, the H.E.F., working out terms with the Corulag plantery goverment, has founded a new Hapan Empire, also called the Hapan Remnant. The H.E.F. now has direct control over the world. As the scene opens, the Commander of the H.E.F., Admiral Alexander Normandy is going over the plans of the future with the Corulag Goverment officials............

"Our long term goal is to turn this planet into a thriving planet with a strong military, and an even stronger economy. Right now this planet's income is barely able to sustain it's population. We have already made arrangements, and deals with other goverments that will allow us to quickly build up the infrastructre we need for the beginnings of a strong economy." said Admiral Normandy.

"Okay, I understand you on that goal, but we will face many challenges on that road. First off, we will need much money to pour into this project. Where do you propose that we get this source of income?" asked the Treasury Offical Dubont.

"Short-term, we have enough credits to buy what we need after selling one of our Nova Battlecruisers, and it's complement of ships. Long term, taxing the civilan population seems to be the best approach. Don't worry, we have already disguised the big tax as several smaller ones, and taken other legal steps to assure that the population won't rise up against the goverment for this."

"Well, at least we have the basic infrastructre started, including a small spaceport, several mines, and large production factories, and other plants to boot."

"We will need more. At great cost I have purchased the means to build a droid factory that will produce civilan labor droids that will take over the mines, and the dangerous aspects of working in some of the factorys. Soon we will have a solid infrastructre in place. In three month's time, we will have a solid economy running. We will reconvene to discuss further details then. This meeting is adjourned." Stated Adm. Normandy.

"A pleasure speaking with you. See you in three months. Senator Dubont out."

Hapan Expeditionary Fleet
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:39:42 AM
Aboard the Battlecruiser Royal Court, currently orbiting above Corulag...

"Admiral Normandy, how was the meeting with the consuelors?" asked aide Bischoff.

"Everything went according to plan. We will now begin the building project 'A'. Have the Transport Fallow head to the surface to disgorge our 'used' construction droid, so we can get right to work. Our droid factory should be up and running within a week. After that, we will start producing 500 droids a week to put in our mines, and build more droid factorys to produce more droids. I also want some of the workers to design and build large capacity warehouses for the large amounts of refined metals that we will be producing. Until we find someone that we can trade or sell this metals to, we have to have somewhere where we can store it." Said Admiral Normandy.

"Understood sir," said Bischoff while typing the orders onto his datapad, "Was there anything else that needed to be done?"

"Not at this time. We still need a larger fleet to protect this world, but until we get a pact from someone, and get more income, we will have to wait. Oh, one more thing, I want you and your team of delegates to work on this tax that we came up with at the meeting. If we can get the citizens to like it, it is estimated that we can make a profit of 407 Billion." Stated Admiral Normandy.

"Excellent. I will get right to it."