PDA

View Full Version : G'afternoon. I think.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:19:33 PM
I'm bored bored bored here at work, which is pretty unusual. I'm easily amused and can usually find something to do. We're finally picking up here, which is good, but there isn't really anything for me to do, beyond work on the website for the bussiness, which I have burned myself out on for today after fighting with PHP-Nuke's worthless style implimentation (compared to VB's, which is godlike).

Theoretically, I could post, but I'm pretty much caught up. If I'm not, drop me a PM.

The other thing is that I have trouble with non OOC stuff here. I have to get into character, which takes a little while, and then I feel guilty for posting IC. Rie, little help here? ;)

What is everyone else up to? I see a lot of "back to school too busy" threads, so please don't tell me about that. I probably already figured it out.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:20:19 PM
http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31482

This, pretty much :D

Morgan Evanar
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:21:09 PM
:coal: already saw. Making pretty pictures is on my list of guilty things I do not do at work. Otherwise I'd be doing it.

Droo
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:30:07 PM
Unfortunately I don't have access to a computer at work. I've been home for just over an hour and I'm exhausted. Tonight I'll browse these forums, fail to motivate myself into posting and play some Black Hawk Down instead. I might start reading Dickens' "Hard Times" if I feel up to it. Work tomorrow all day. :grumble

AmazonBabe
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:37:19 PM
Rie, little help here? ;)

Well, we've got a few storylines that have begun, but aren't getting finished... which urks me to no end... but if we can wake up a few ppl, we might be able to finish them. As it is, I can only think of two that were started... and one which we still need to start. But that one is tied into one of the one's that already going on.

Yeah, at this point it's about waking ppl up. :\

Morgan Evanar
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:45:32 PM
No no, about posting at work without guilt.

AmazonBabe
Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:55:38 PM
Oh, that. (Misunderstood top post :x)

Well, um, how can I fix this problem for you?

You're not doing anything bad by posting at work. You're just filling in time when you don't have anything to do (it's better than sitting around NOT doing anything... most places would rather see you looking busy even if you don't have any work, which means you gotta fill in the time with whatever you can find). Or something.

Oh hell, how bout I make you a samich? :)

Crystal
Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:40:25 PM
Too add onto what she said.. I'm sure they feel comfortable paying you to do something other than just sit there.. even if it's browsing a star wars message board.

yeah. Okay I can't help any better than Rie.

Just shut up and take your dirty pay check you earned by posting, you big oaf. :mneh

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:13:47 PM
I have a strange feeling that's not quite what he meant.

imported_Marcus
Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:16:48 PM
Eh, I used to post at work when bored. Wasnt really a problem.

And right now it's 9am, Soundgarden is bellowing from the speakers and there's a cat purring on my desk. Going for a Subaru test day soon. LIberty GT, WRX, Forester XT up for thrashing.

:D

Park Kraken
Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:14:03 PM
I'm storing the rain gear, and breaking out the floatation devices instead. We have Tropical Downpours daily, and we get a Tropical Storm next week if it survives the mountians of the Domician Republic. It's rainy season in Florida!!!
I'm just starting to restore my Falcon Ranchero in earnest. Tomorrow morning I am off to a junkyard to pick up a 94' Mustang GT Engine with 7,000 miles on it. It will probaly take me until December to get it fully restored.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 23rd, 2003, 01:44:57 AM
its a '94...why on earth would you have to restore it!? O_o Heck the car I'm driving right now is an '84, and I didn't have to do a thing to it, until at least three months after I bought it. ;)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 23rd, 2003, 01:49:43 AM
Nooo. He's taking the engine from a 94 Mustang, and putting it in the Falcon Ranchero. Engine swap.

imported_Marcus
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:00:51 AM
Whee, what a day.

After the sales pitch (after all thatt's the point of drive days) and a technical run down, we got unleashed. Most people there of course were wanna be racers, while there was a few real ones like myself. We all went for the WRX's lined up first.

The circuit itself I know well, so taking a sweeper at 200 kph before rattling down 3 gears isnt a worry, tho it probalby scared the sales suit. Not bad. Pretty good track car. Helen was rather taken with a black WRX hatch - if I was working we would have traded in immediatly. Sigh.

There was a STI there that lunched a turbo before I got my hands on it, blew an oil seal and sucked the sump dry. Pity. Heard from one of the other racers it was impressive.

Liberty GT, black, auto. This was already well used by the time I got in, but this proved to be an unholy amount of fun. Quite a wicked turbo hit, nice brakes, quite well balanced. Very nice inside. Surprisingly much more fun than the WRX, so I was quite well and truly pwnd. More expensive than the WRX by some 10 big ones.

But.....

On another circuit, a dirt one, the Subaru Forester and Outback range was being shown off. Quite capable vehicles, I already know. And being a rally driver, I headed for the Forester XT, which has a 2.5 l de-tuned STI motor. I'll add I've been a teacher on rally driver instruction days on this curcuit, so I know it well. And the poor bloody sales suit didnt know what hit him. The most notible scare was a full sideways "Scandanavian flick", which you turn and present the car in competely the wrong direction to gain a pendulum swing to get the car around the corner. This was thought a gate. The only time the Forester was straight was when it squeezed though the gate before scrabbling sideways once again.

I am in total and utter awe of the Forester. This is the most wicked and outright outrageous machine I've ever driven. It has no right to be that good. But it is. It's just gobsmacking.

Sales suit was last seen after getting out of the Forester runnign for a bathroom. I think I scared him a wee bit.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:18:41 AM
o thanks Morg, sorry my brain turned into oatmeal about three hours ago.

Aaron Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:34:34 AM
I got a £50 cheque from my Gran as a congratulations for passing my exams and doing (fairly) well. Which is really handy because everyone's birthday seems to be this time of year.

Last night I saw Pirates again with my mum, and we had Pizza together. We don't really talk much so it was nice. I got an application form for PC World to, to be a sales assistant there (flashes A* computing grade and gets attention), even though most of the people who work there have no idea what they are talking about.

Park Kraken
Aug 23rd, 2003, 06:49:57 AM
Yeah, that way we don't have to go in and take apart, and rework those old mid-60s engines that we originally got for the Ranchero. I don't want to spend 7 years restoring a car like my dad did. But his car was pretty sweet, a Sunbeam Tiger Mk2 with a Ford V8 289 Engine. Pretty unique car, a Chrysler body with a Ford Engine.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:25:34 AM
Originally posted by Aaron Belargic
I got a £50 cheque from my Gran as a congratulations for passing my exams and doing (fairly) well. Which is really handy because everyone's birthday seems to be this time of year.

Last night I saw Pirates again with my mum, and we had Pizza together. We don't really talk much so it was nice. I got an application form for PC World to, to be a sales assistant there (flashes A* computing grade and gets attention), even though most of the people who work there have no idea what they are talking about.

Was it your GCSE's or A level grades you got? Well done!

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:38:39 AM
only GCSE's ^_^; thanks

Kelt Simoson
Aug 23rd, 2003, 10:10:16 AM
<< Starting the hardest Art Class (National Diploma, with honor grades) in college in 2 weeks time...god help me :(