PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Re: Lightsaber effects

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 20th, 2003, 11:47:23 AM
If anyone can do lightsaber effects using photoshop or any other graphics software please speak up in this thread. I need three separate lightsaber blades on the one image, it's a sig I'm working on, in fact I'll just attatch it to this.

What I need is a red lightsaber blade on Anbira's weapon. A blue lightsaber blade over Potter's wand - this should be as thick as a regular lightsaber blade regardless of the wands thinness - and possibly a blue lightsaber blade over Sejah's lightsaber*

*If it doesn't look right with Sejah's image being drawn then it's best left out and I'll ask Mitch to clean up the mess I made when I cut the image. :uhoh

Please, please help me out with this because I cannot for love nor money do lightsaber blades and they're an essential part for the sig.

Sanis Prent
Aug 20th, 2003, 12:43:49 PM
*Anbira's blade is white* :)

Droo
Aug 20th, 2003, 01:28:10 PM
Make that a white on Anbira's blade. ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:20:36 PM
I will have a shot tomorrow afternoon, will take my mind off the exam results :lol

Morgan Evanar
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:32:08 PM
Loki's saber didn't come out too well, I'm bad at getting the depth right :\

If you want my PSD to see how I did it and maybe fix it, I'll upload it.

Droo
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:08:32 PM
The depth of the blade is excellent. Only problem, which I didn't explain properly earlier, is that I'm trying to avoid it looking like Loki's lightsaber handle is only as thick as a wand. No lightsaber handle or blade is that thin so what I had in mind was just keep the blade at regular thickness which of course would hide some of his fingers but that's not a problem. So apart from just it being a thin blade, it looks excellent. :)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 20th, 2003, 08:02:33 PM
How's this?

Crystal
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:12:13 PM
It still looks at bit thin to me, Chris.

But that's probaly the best that can be done.. I was messing with it a little bit and couldn't help but making it look like he was holding a tiny pencil. ^_^;

Morgan Evanar
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:13:55 PM
No, you're right. I can still fix it.

Jax Ivanrue Tondry
Aug 20th, 2003, 11:22:26 PM
Can he fix it? YES HE CAN!

lookin' good guys. :)

Crystal
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:58:32 AM
Each try is looking better :)

Did you blend his fingers to look more like they're wrapped around a hilt of a saber?

I was looking at the two images and his hand actually looks like it's holding something bigger than a wand in the second one.

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 21st, 2003, 04:51:05 AM
Much better. I like the way you included the base of the lightsaber in there too. If the base of the blade can be made a little wider that would be sweet.

Originally posted by Crystal

Did you blend his fingers to look more like they're wrapped around a hilt of a saber?

I was looking at the two images and his hand actually looks like it's holding something bigger than a wand in the second one.

So it does. Bloooody hell. That's awesome. :D

Morgan Evanar
Aug 21st, 2003, 09:37:03 PM
Meh.

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:08:40 AM
Perfect. Thanks for all your help, Morg. :)