PDA

View Full Version : It's been three months since I saw you, Moxi. (closed)

Saska
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:16:45 AM
Saska, captain of the pirate vessel Acid Jack, is waiting comfortably at the bar, nonchalantly ordering himself the strongest alcoholic drink the barkeep can come up with, relaxing and chatting with other patrons as if he were the most legitimate businessman in the galaxy. And for all everyone else knows, he may as well be. His supplies are running surplus, and he's found quite a few people willing to buy his wares. The dinner rush is just beginning, but one stool remains open next to him, despite the onrushing patrons streaming through the door. It's reserved for his daughter, Moxi.

Moxi
Aug 20th, 2003, 07:50:25 PM
Moxi wanders in after another hard day at work, a tired look in her eyes until she spots someone familar. A glint enters her eyes as she hurries over.

"So what brings you here, daddy?"

Saska
Aug 20th, 2003, 07:58:03 PM
The old man pushes a few errant strands of hair from Moxi's face and kisses her forehead.

"I wanted to see how you were doing, baby girl. Have you found a place to stay?"

Moxi
Aug 20th, 2003, 08:00:45 PM
Moxi smiles up at him.

"Yes and a job too."

She didn't want to go into the conditions of her job though.

Saska
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:59:13 PM
"What's your job?" he asks, ordering her favorite juice as his drink arrives. "Have you been working hard and earning your pay?" Funny, a pirate asking his daughter if she's earned her keep. Not something you'd expect, but Saska won't have his crew, or even his daughter, working at only half-effort.

Moxi
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:16:22 PM
"I'm head of the cleaning department for an apartment complex."

She smiled, making her job sound more important than it was, in truth, she was just a maid.

"I've been working hard too."

That was the understatement of the year.

Saska
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:24:32 PM
"I see. Well...now that I know you're safe and that you have a job, tell me about how you discovered this guy Zeke. Your message concerning him was very...angry."

The message had contained nothing other than a two, temper-venting lines: "There's a guy named Zeke who looks just like me, and it's ticking me off! He's not at the GJO, so I can't kick his butt!" He's already begun a few searches for the man, but so far has turned up very little. Perhaps, being so close to the Jedi headquarters, she will have had better luck.

Moxi
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:29:56 PM
"Well I came in here and the Jedi kept calling me Zeke, I corrected them then they told me he wasn't around anymore. I haven't found out much else."

Saska
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:38:08 PM
"Nothing on his appearance, skills, personality? Nothing to identify him by at all?" Saska wants to make absolutely clear on this. "You've learned nothing, save for the fact that he looks remarkably like you?"

Moxi
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:41:06 PM
"They were kinda vague, mostly thinking I was him then shutting up soon after. I dunno why but it seemed that they were hiding something."

Saska
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:43:52 PM
"Hiding things? Or didn't want to insult you by comparing you to a man?" He ruffles her hair as her juice is delivered. "If I find out anyone insulted my little girl I'll keel haul them behind the Acid Jack."

Moxi
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:47:45 PM
"Just seemed that way, they seemed to be only saying certain things and leaving out others."

In truth, Moxi had been slightly picking up on their telepathy but only whispers really, not the full thought.

Saska
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:02:45 PM
"Well then...have you actually been up to the complex, or just to the bar? Drink your juice, and order some dinner! If you don't eat you'll rot away."

Moxi
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:28:07 PM
"Haven't had the time yet to go up there, besides they said he's not here, hasn't been for months."

Moxi sipped her juice, not feeling hungry at the moment.

Saska
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:33:44 PM
"Moxi, I've taught you better than this!" he admonishes. "We're not going up there expecting to find him waiting for us there. The purpose is that we can learn far more from the Jedi there than the patrons of this bar. We'll go up to the compound once you've finished."

Moxi
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:48:54 PM
Moxi looks down at the table top.

"Sorry, I've just been busy."

She looks up at her father for a second before looking to the table again.

Saska
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:55:48 PM
A pained look crosses the father's face as he squeezes Moxi's shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay...I shouldn't be so rough on you, I guess. C'mon. Let's go get this info."

He stands and gestures for Moxi to precede him.

Moxi
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:59:11 PM
"K."

She says softly before beaming, glad that he wasn't mad at her before getting up.

Saska
Aug 21st, 2003, 08:08:48 PM
He picks his daughter up and begins to leave with her when the bartender catches him.

"Ey, buddy! That's 10 credits!"

Saska bolts for the door, escaping the guards and leaving a fuming bartender behind.

"It's a pirate's life for me..." he chuckles. "Let's go steal some information, shall we?"

Moxi
Aug 21st, 2003, 08:23:48 PM
"You can't go back there now, daddy."

She giggles softly.

"K."