PDA

View Full Version : Final Prophecy

Duke Quells
Aug 19th, 2003, 07:42:55 PM
Comes out in paperback September 30th. Weird looking cover. Read the reviews:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?cds2Pid=210&isbn=0345428757

Sene Unty
Aug 26th, 2003, 09:53:05 AM
Horrible cover and why the hell is Anakin being brought back...bad idea this is...

But it'll get my money.....

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 1st, 2003, 11:09:08 AM
Anakin isn't be brought back as far as I know. I read the book he is mentioned but he is still very dead.

Sene Unty
Oct 1st, 2003, 11:11:38 AM
yeah well there are alot of people saying he is on that site and I just wanted to say that that would be a bad idea...

Oh and I said that in August...nothing I say in August is true! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 1st, 2003, 01:51:23 PM
I think there were rumors but it is false now. The book is pretty good I enjoyed the Zemot Sekot stuff, but they didn't want to reveal anything about it and the Vong, I guess they wont to reveal that mystery in TUF. I have a theory though, this is pure speculation so I won't consider it a spoiler, I think Sekot is the Vong homeworld, I am certain of that. And I have an odd theory that the Vong is the ancient Sith race, may not happen but I think it would be a shocking revelation.

Salvestro
Oct 1st, 2003, 01:55:08 PM
I have to get the book still....wonder if my school bookstore has it?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 1st, 2003, 05:31:34 PM
To make the Vong = Sith species is the stuff horrid books are made of. :x

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 1st, 2003, 07:14:17 PM
Hey I think it would be cool but that is me. It would really make them part of the Sw universe to see these were the guys that the Dark Jedi conquered.

Salvestro
Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:43:01 AM
I have to agree with LD....Sith=Vong no.... badddd idea.

But I must say that I do not completly hate the Vong...I have found the NJO to be a damn good read.

I am really looking forward to a good ending (i.e. no stupid gimmicks like the vong are the sith....or bringing anyone back to life..)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:57:49 AM
I kind of like my theory but that is just my opinion.

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:51:41 PM
Erm, I thought the Sith race before the corruption the Dark Jedi's brought with them were force Sensetive... and the Vong void of Force...

Or did I miss something?

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:41:31 PM
Well its just a theory there is a lot of mystery about the Sith race, as far as know, but the theory might not work might be hard to come up with an explanation about that. I was just trying to theorize there might be a huge shock at the end although the answers about the Vong might be simpler than that.

ReaperFett
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:48:07 PM
While interesting, I doubt this to be true. I think the fact that the YV are a black hole to the force is either because the Jedi simply aren't attuned to them, or that it's a different galaxy, meaning different "rules".

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:59:12 AM
That was what I thought the books said. Since they are from a different galaxy, the Force of this galaxy doesnt' recognize them...which is why they're Force void.

And yes, the Sith were all Force sensitive, from what I was led to believe. And definetely from the known galaxy.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 14th, 2003, 11:28:09 AM
Well I don't think the Sith race was force sensetive at least we don't know if they were. They were conquered by the dark Jedi ages before the Clone Wars (that is what the SW encylopedia says) there is no information about them, they are very much an unknown. Now this doesn't mean they are the Vong, we might get some books on them one day who knows. But at this point it looks like they are a mystery.

Nevlonniel
Oct 14th, 2003, 03:55:19 PM
Sith=Vong no.... badddd idea.

*Gets in this line.*

Yeah, there is a lot of mystery in te actual Sith race, but I don't really think they'd tie em into the Vong (seeing as how the Vong are void of the Force... yes?)

Anyhoo, I must admit that I am behind the times somewhat as I stopped reading the New Jedi Order after about the 5th or 6th book made. They just didn't hold the same appeal to me as the books of old.

Though I am curious to know where they go with this storyline and what they've been doing with Zonama Sekot (that's where I've placed my AB character as being from, and having more info on the planet would be really nice).

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 16th, 2003, 12:05:16 PM
They go into detail about Zonama Sekot in Rogue Planet and Force Heretic III I'm still reading Force Heretic III so I can't really say much on it. I'm sure the books after Force Heretic III also deal with Zonama Sekot but I haven't gotten that far yet..

Lady Vader
Oct 16th, 2003, 06:42:01 PM
I've read Rogue Planet already, hence I I decided what planet i wanted AB to be from.
Haven't gotten to Force Heretic III... dunno if I ever will though (New jedi Order makes my tummy do funny things :\)

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:24:18 AM
I find once you get the concept of the Vong and Vong Tech in you head, they really are good books. I admit that they have done some nasty things that urrked me, but it's just a book and it's also something for me to read when I 'm going home from school on the bus. I've also found that once you get past Star By Star the books get a lot better. The ones before Star by Star are Okay :\ but I would have to say that Traitor is my favorite so far.