The Black Market
Aug 19th, 2003, 06:47:13 PM
This is my current inventory, including prices:
1 Hapes Nova Battlecruiser - 150,000,000 credits
6 Miy'Til Fighters - 20,000 credits per fighter
3 Hetrinar Assault Bombers - 25,000 credits apiece
2 Corellian Corvettes - 100,000 credits apiece
11 Z-95 HeadHunters - 15,000 credits apiece
Will be edited as new items appear......

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:40:04 AM
This is an archive forum for the most part. We don't keep track of ship numbers, persay, anymore, as per the 2002 <a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13133>'Clean Slate'</a> decision by the fleet RPers of the boards.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:22:58 AM
He knows, Lil.

He started this Black Market for the new, smaller groups. With what looks like a resurgence in Fleet RPing (knew we could do it! :D), a small group might like to begin participating. A stocked Hapes Nova battlecruiser, complete with two corvettes and the full two squadron fighter compliment, would make quite a nice beginner taskforce for those wanting to get into fleet RPing.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:19:37 PM
Thanks Lion, but I was just making sure, as this IS/WAS a dead forum, and bean counting is still not practiced, so running a tally on statistics and things like that is...irrelevant. Anyway, that was like two weeks ago that I posted in this thread. So you see, it's true, no one comes here. No one *would * have come here if it weren't for a certain Lebron who quit RPing quite a few months ago, and now seems to be back again.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:09:33 AM
:lol...I suspected Lebron was Pode. You're right, I wouldn't have come to this forum unless Pode had directed my attention to his "bean-counting" thread.

Incidentally, I see what you mean about the Black Market. After I just posted my rebuttal on Lebron's idea, I suppose purchasing ships would be rather useless. However, the Black Market could still be useful on the RP-side of things. I bet a couple of good RPs could be centered around acquiring supplies for the Black Market by stealing from the New Republic.

Park Kraken
Sep 3rd, 2003, 05:24:31 AM
My Hapan Empire Needs extra Warships. If someone pops out of hyperspace, and says, "HEY!!! Where did you get those extra ships!" I want to be able to say, "Here, a list of my transactions with the Black Market." See how it could be beneficial to smaller groups with a decent supply of money and materiels, but very little in the way of a Defense fleet due to lack of shipyards?

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 3rd, 2003, 07:32:56 AM
That's the way I was thinking, but IIRC any group with 5 members or more gets a planet and one shipyard...whether that's a small shipyard or a large shipyard, I don't know.

Still, I believe that your idea has merit...it just needs to have all of the kinks worked out of it. :lol

Park Kraken
Sep 3rd, 2003, 07:31:08 PM
Yes, it still has a few kinks. BTW, I will be updating my ship list for the Black Market as I, or the Black Market has purchased quite a few new warships, mostly older types from planetery goverments who no longer need the ships, such as Ishori War Cruisers from Ithor, Diamalan Blockade and Assault Carriers from the Diamala, Sifkree Skiffs, other various ships, etc.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:07:20 AM
Alright, but limit the number of large ships you're bringing into the market.

Remember, a Black Market is meant to be below official notice, where people can purchase illegal or hard-to-aquire technology: You don't want to make it the equivalent of a billboard saying "Selling Stolen and/or Obsolete Capital Ships!"

Park Kraken
Sep 4th, 2003, 01:45:33 PM
Yeah, true. I've been thinking about what to do with the H.E.F. situation, and what I've decided to do is to start exporting rare, or refined materiels and resources into the Black Market, then use the money I gain from that to purchase the older warships from the individual goverments that no longer need them. Also, I was thinking about possibly setting up a Trade Agreement with the NR where we buy scrap metal from Ord Mantell in large amounts, recycle/refine the metal, then resell it to any planetery goverment in NR territory.
As for the Black Market, I plan to have large amounts of various, and mostly obselete starfighters, and capital warships of the frigate size and below, along with rare and hard to find Jedi and Sith Technology, Books, Data, Weapons, and other various trinkets.

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 4th, 2003, 01:56:00 PM
Also keep in mind that such an organization would most certainly have enemies.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 4th, 2003, 04:59:13 PM
For example...Ore companies, the Sector Rangers, Pirates eager to get their hands on those rare materials, the Imperial Remnant...:lol

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 4th, 2003, 05:41:32 PM
I was thinking the Cizerack Pride foremost above the others. Illegitimate trade doesn't bode well with them.

Telan Desaria
Sep 4th, 2003, 07:09:05 PM
The Empire takesa dim view of piracy and executes on immediate capture.

I would recommend obsolete ships. Fighters no better than older X-wings, and capital ships such as battle worn and problem-wracked Dreadnaughts, Bulark Battlecruisers, old Carracks, abandoned Imperial units....

Park Kraken
Sep 4th, 2003, 07:22:41 PM
That is exactly what I was thinking about. The vast majority of the ships on the market will be Old Republic Vintage Vessels, with a few being early Rebellion era vessels.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:32:33 AM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
The Empire takesa dim view of piracy and executes on immediate capture.

I would recommend obsolete ships. Fighters no better than older X-wings, and capital ships such as battle worn and problem-wracked Dreadnaughts, Bulark Battlecruisers, old Carracks, abandoned Imperial units....

Erm...Bulwark Battlecruisers? Those are practically the size of a Super Star Destroyer.

Park Kraken
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:55:08 AM
But they only have like, 10 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 30 Laser Cannons, and 20 Ion Cannons. A Dreadnought, or a Strike Cruiser could probaly go one on one with one of these, unless the Bulwark carries it's full complement of 10 starfighter squadrons.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 5th, 2003, 10:02:21 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Kraken
But they only have like, 10 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 30 Laser Cannons, and 20 Ion Cannons. A Dreadnought, or a Strike Cruiser could probaly go one on one with one of these, unless the Bulwark carries it's full complement of 10 starfighter squadrons.

If you're going by Star Wars Rebellion statistic, none of those numbers mean anything at all. I've never actually seen information on the Bulwark from anywhere but SW:R, so I don't know waht the official stats are. However, I know that two Bulwarks in SW:R can take down an SSD, especially if they're carrying B-Wings.

Park Kraken
Sep 5th, 2003, 04:37:30 PM
Well yeah, that's because Star Wars Rebellion is a piece of crap game. From all the various sources I use, the Bulwark has 10 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, and between 20-40 smaller weapons, and can carry 10 squads of starfighters. Basically, in this modern era, about the only thing a Bulwark would be good for is either a Troop or Cargo Transport, or a Fleet Carrier. The Old Republic originally built and used Bulwarks to lead Planeterey Invasion Fleets.

BTW: Have you posted in the Mrisst battle yet?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2003, 06:38:31 PM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
:lol...I suspected Lebron was Pode.

duh

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 5th, 2003, 06:53:15 PM
*Goes to post*

Telan Desaria
Sep 11th, 2003, 05:47:46 PM
The Bulark in canon is actually a massive vessel just under three kilometers long. However, she used a very power consuming reactor and had little room for heavy weapons. She was decked out in lighter guns but all told could be made quick work of by two

Duke Quells
Sep 11th, 2003, 08:16:55 PM
Here are the primary vessels in the Black Market as far as large capital ships go:
Bulwark Battlecruiser
Victory Star Destroyer
Dreadnought Heavy Cruiser
Kaloth Battlecruiser
Kruk Battlewagon
Marauder Corvette
Pacifier Assault Cruisers
Corellian Corvettes
Jompers pursuit ships

Weapons outfitted on each vessel:
Bulwark: 10 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons, 20 Double Laser Cannons, 40 Medium Laser Cannons. 10 Squadrons of Starfighters.
Victory Star Destroyer: 10 Quad Turbolaser Cannons, 20 Double Turbolaser Cannons, 80 Concussion Missile Launchers. 2 Squadrons of Starfighters.
Dreadnought Heavy Cruiser: 10 Turbolaser Batteries, 20 Double Turbolaser Cannons, 10 Quad Turbolaser Batteries. 2 Squadrons of Starfighters.
Kaloth Battlecruiser: 10 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons, 10 Medium Turbolaser Cannons, 10 Ion Cannons.
Kruk Battlewagon: 20 Heavy Laser Cannons, 20 Double Laser Cannons.
Marauder Corvette: 8 Double Turbolaser Cannons. 2 Squadrons of Starfighters.
Pacifier Assault Cruisers: 4 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons, 20 Medium Laser Cannons.
Corellian Corvette: 2 Double Turbolaser Cannons, 4 Turbolaser Cannons.
Jompers Pursuit Ships: 3 Laser Cannons, 2 Ion Cannons.