PDA

View Full Version : My latest and Greatest Idea

The Black Market
Aug 18th, 2003, 09:47:00 PM
The Black Market!!! When I talked to S'Ilancy a while ago, she said most RPers don't want to bother with statistics while RPing. So if you want, you can unload all of your statistics on me, and let me handle it. Also, I'd thought I'd operate a Black Market Ring. Any groups, official, and unofficial looking to unload any of their warships, or droids for needed funds can look to me for help.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:27:08 PM
Er...

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 19th, 2003, 01:25:41 AM
I havent a clue as to what statistics youre referring to but overall I dont think its a bad idea. Might be a good way to get rid of a murder weapon :uhoh

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 19th, 2003, 04:20:24 AM
What do you mean by 'statistics' exactly?

Charley
Aug 19th, 2003, 07:43:59 AM
What I was thinking also.

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 19th, 2003, 08:32:52 AM
Incidentally, if this Black Market thing is gonna go through, there's a couple of unscrupulous NR commanders on Mrisst and Chandrilla that are looking to unload a couple of old-model Corellian Gunships onto the market, as well as a bunch of other arms and stuff.

They were gonna "lose" it, and then request replacements of new equipment. I was gonna put a little RP around it, but I'd rather they helped your Black Market start up.

I'm pretty sure you could get into contact with some of our Arm's Factory Managers, too...maybe make side deals to have the occasional shipment *cough* stolen? *cough, choke, gasp*

~Lord Admiral El' Jonson, New Republic C-in-C, Outer Rim~

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 19th, 2003, 09:55:53 AM
*AHEM* :mad

Black Sun should get some action then. They're the black market of Swfans.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 19th, 2003, 09:59:10 AM
Haha if they were active :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 19th, 2003, 10:00:14 AM
:cry I can't help it I don't have the time for them. It isn't my fault I inherited their leader's character.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 19th, 2003, 10:01:22 AM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
Incidentally, if this Black Market thing is gonna go through, there's a couple of unscrupulous NR commanders on Mrisst and Chandrilla that are looking to unload a couple of old-model Corellian Gunships onto the market, as well as a bunch of other arms and stuff.

They were gonna "lose" it, and then request replacements of new equipment. I was gonna put a little RP around it, but I'd rather they helped your Black Market start up.

I'm pretty sure you could get into contact with some of our Arm's Factory Managers, too...maybe make side deals to have the occasional shipment *cough* stolen? *cough, choke, gasp*

~Lord Admiral El' Jonson, New Republic C-in-C, Outer Rim~ Thats a fast track to a court martial. Brilliant.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 19th, 2003, 10:02:51 AM
How do you accidentally "unload" something a big as a gunship? :p It doesnt' fall off the back of a truck somewhere between cities.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 19th, 2003, 10:09:36 AM
Theres so much red tape in everything.......and space is big :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 19th, 2003, 10:15:12 AM
i dont remember saying anything about statistics. lemme clear this up a little.

l was explaining the dislike of 'beancounting' in military rp's, as all it seems to do is make more work for the rpers involved (whether or not they like coming up with these lists of ships and whatnot), and the threads themselves boring to some when they have to scroll through huge lists of ships that make up a fleet. i personally found it took away from the fun of the roleplay, and made me actually have to think and work through math and stuff (why do you think i went to art college? to avoid having to do math ^_^; )

i was explaining the much more interesting and personal avenues to be taken with common sense fleeting, and how a fleet rp could actually be turned into a very interesting read when written not only from the bridge officers views, but by the pilots as well. shadow and rogue squadrons run-in in the graveyard of the titans thread being good a example of such.

thats what i was talking about, but its nice to see that it was taken in, thought over, and generated a new idea.

that being said, this black market thing is a good start in my opinion, and if developed properly, i think it could work out pretty well.

Severen Morkonis
Aug 19th, 2003, 12:12:44 PM
I thought the black market idea had been tried and failed a few times now? Guess new blood and ideas is cool :)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 19th, 2003, 12:27:16 PM
... I still don't understand whats going on o_O

Sean Piett
Aug 19th, 2003, 12:50:49 PM
I think that a lot of people who used to fleet roleplay liked to count their beans.

Anyhow, it seems kinda silly to page "The Black Market" to every thread where you want to get rid of a body, when it's simpler/quicker to just roleplay it yourself.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 19th, 2003, 02:26:56 PM
... I still don't understand whats going on

Thats because youre blonde ;)

Charley
Aug 19th, 2003, 02:32:57 PM
The nature of fleet RP currently is that you dont have to count beans anymore anyway, thus making such a thing really irrelevant.

The Black Market
Aug 19th, 2003, 03:01:21 PM
See, if a person RPs that he dumped a couple of Corellian Gunships into the open market, or black market, then those ships would likely never been seen again, becuase everyone would forget about them. What I propose for that idea is that anybody who wants to contact me, send me a PM detailing what he/she wants to dump, I pay them credits, or trade for whatever else is in the Market. And not just ships, I would also keep secret trade agreements between goverments for buying, selling, or trading warships, and other materiels.

The Black Market
Aug 19th, 2003, 03:03:00 PM
Oh yeah, about the statistics, If a Goverment didn't want to handle their financial status, just give me what you have, and I'll compose a set of stats telling what they have, and what they are capable of undertaking, gross income, mantience and other costs, profit, etc.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 19th, 2003, 03:09:50 PM
Governments and their fleets are RPed by common sense and fair play, not counting numbers of ships and by statistics.

Your idea is good but I think you'll end up doing a lot of work for no reason.

The Black Market
Aug 19th, 2003, 06:38:27 PM
Okay, forget the statistics. Let me just operate the "Black Market".
I will start a thread at each of the Official Groups, and a thread in the outpost c-whatever in Storytelling for the unofficial groups.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 19th, 2003, 11:07:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this part of the point of the Shadowfaene Fortress group?

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 19th, 2003, 11:27:51 PM
Or the Sector Rangers, for that matter.

Oh, and it may not be the best idea to ply your trade in the Carshoulis Cluster ^_^;

James Prent
Aug 19th, 2003, 11:31:38 PM
'cause they'll chop your hands off for dealing in stolen goods.

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 19th, 2003, 11:34:34 PM
And probably sell your severed hands as hors d'ouerves

Sean Piett
Aug 19th, 2003, 11:52:27 PM
Yummy

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:44:04 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Thats a fast track to a court martial. Brilliant.

Who said that Lion'd be the one doing the unloading? I'm just pointing out that the NR isn't as righteous as it was during the Rebellion, and now people are out there for personal gain. Hell, you look at the African or South-East Asian militaries, you can find the average schmuck that'll find a way to get you RPGs and Assault Rifles.

Russia is selling flights in their Soyuz spacecraft to fund the dwindling Russian Space Program.

Maybe nothing as large as a gunship, but at least arms from companies such as Merr-Sonn, Blastech; Droids from Cybot Galactica and Industrial Automation. As evidenced in "The Bacta War", there's plenty of Sparcely defended Storage Depots scattered around the galaxy, each of them stocked with weapons and parts for the New Republic armed forces.

You could probably set up a couple of good RP's around raids on depots to steal stuff to sell on the Black Market.