PDA

View Full Version : Surprise, Surprise

Lady Mylia
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:27:19 PM
Mylia busily made her way around the room. Even though it was small, it would have to fit a lot of people. She looked around, the couches were pushed back making room for dancing or whatever. There was a lot of seating for all the people that were invited. As Simene was finishing hanging a banner that read "Happy 19th, Jacali!!!" Mylia fnished with the food. She was making a bunch of snacks and drinks for everyone. She was determined to have a great party for her friend.

A while later, things were finally coming together. The food and drinks were out. The small present pile had began to form and the guests began arriving. Mylia smiled and waved as each entered. She continued to keep her self busy, finding all the last minute fixings that needed to be done. She looked down at her chrono, only about twenty more minutes before Jacali was to arrive. She began to get nervous, she hoped Dasqian would have an easy time keeping Jacali away.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 19th, 2003, 04:39:42 AM
Usually birthdays were celebrated in one of two ways by Jedi. Either the Bar and Grill was totally full with people celebrating, or it was a quiet meeting of just a few, even a couple, of people together. Dasquian had arrived at Jacali’s room to take her to lunch as a birthday treat, but when they had arrived in Yogs there had been barely a soul there. It didn’t surprise Dasquian, but he wondered if perhaps Jacali was at all hurt by the fact that no one yet seemed to have said a word about the day to her.

“I remember spending my nineteenth birthday on Tatooine fighting Krayt’s… not exactly the present I had been looking forward to but those pearls… wow,” he took a sip of his drink as he looked up at Jacali, who was eating quietly.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 19th, 2003, 04:58:26 AM
"I bet they were quite something, Master." She said quite solemnly as she moved her food around on her plate before taking a bite.

Mylia and Simene hadn't mentioned a word about it being her birthday and...well it had hurt a little bit. With a soft sigh, she continued eating...what a bum day.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 19th, 2003, 05:06:59 AM
Dasquian tried to hide a smile. Soon enough he was sure that glum look would be gone from Jacali’s face. Still keeping up the charade however, he asked:

“Don’t you have any stories of your own, Jacali?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 19th, 2003, 05:17:18 AM
Jacali raised an eyebrow. "I got hit by a speeder on my twelth birthday, that's about all the excitement I've ever had. Other than that, just cake, ice cream, my little family. We didnt' have a lot of money to go all out. But, it was nice and my parents made sure we had a good time."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 19th, 2003, 09:10:20 AM
Quay'Na Rakai walke d down the coridor towards Mylia and Jacali's quarters. She was right on time, perhaps just a bit early. Stopping in front of the door, present in hand, she knocked and waited.

Lady Mylia
Aug 19th, 2003, 03:14:48 PM
Mylia heard the door and rushed over to it. The first of the guests! She opened the door and smiled to Quay'Na. "Thanks for coming. Come on in." Mylia motioned for her to put her gift on the small pile already starting to form on an almost empty table.

Simene Dawnstrider
Aug 19th, 2003, 05:07:03 PM
Suddenly they heard a dog bark down the hall. Dantte darted out of Simene's room and into the living room. A second later, Simene ran after him. She ran into the room and tripped over one of the presents. She fell over and proped herself up on her elbos. Dantte sat about two feet away from her with a silly dog smile. Simene shook her head and grabbed him. He yelped as she picked him up and struggled with her.

"No! You have to stay in the room today. Sorry."

He seemed to settle down a little but looked a bit disapointed. Simene took him back to the room and closed the door. She walked back out a second later, rubbing her elbow. She looked at them and smiled.

"Ow. Sorry about that."

Lady Mylia
Aug 19th, 2003, 05:27:09 PM
Mylia laughed at Dantte. "Oh, it's okay. Are you okay?" She was getting used to the young pup being around and is actually starting to become partical to him.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 19th, 2003, 08:54:32 PM
Quay'Na greeted her friends with a smile. "Glad to be here." She looked at Simene. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Aaron Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:26:06 AM
Aaron arrived moments after Simene, with a bundle in his arms. He beamed at those already there.

“Not late then, I see.”

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:53:15 AM
Originally posted by Jacali Danner
Jacali raised an eyebrow. "I got hit by a speeder on my twelth birthday, that's about all the excitement I've ever had. Other than that, just cake, ice cream, my little family. We didnt' have a lot of money to go all out. But, it was nice and my parents made sure we had a good time."

“Well that’s what is important, family and … well not getting hit by speeders of course, but family and that you are loved.”

That didn’t sound too convincing. Dasquian glanced up at the clock – surely it was nearly time for them to leave? He wasn’t doing too good a job keeping Jacali occupied.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:59:48 AM
Jacali nodded and sighed. "Yeah, it was never a big celebration, but I always knew someone cared about the day. And while I'm thinking on that thought... Thank-you, Master for taking me to lunch, it was very kind of you." Deep down, she wanted to just go home, crawl back into bed and pretend the day never existed.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 20th, 2003, 04:06:58 AM
Not ever having met Dasquian's twin brother, Quay'Na bowed a somewhat puzzled greeting towards him. "Master Belargic...I thought you were to be with Jacali at lunch. If you're here, where's she?" The Padawan was completely lost.

Aaron Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 04:09:32 AM
“I thought Jacali was out with Dasquian?” Aaron set down his gift and frowned slightly.

“No one said anything about me taking her.”

Kelt Simoson
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:36:42 AM
' I look like a scruffy git...' Kelt mused to himself in the mirror. He ran the comb through his hair the final time and placed it down on the sink. The Knight ventured out of the bathroom , picked up the small box on the table and exited the apartment. Making his way to Jacalis apartment he cought sight of Aaron at the door, he had gone ahead oh Kelt.

' Aaron...' He nodded in greeting. ' And Miss Rakai, how do you do?' Asked Kelt as he stepped up beside Aaron. A broad smile upon his face.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:48:01 AM
Quya'Na shook her head. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're Dasquian." Before he could answer, Jedi Knight Kelt Simoson walked up and greeted them.

She bowed to his presence. "Hello, Jedi Simoson... Aaron? Who's Aaron?" Quay'Na was totally flustered at that moment.

Faith Lerf
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:42:26 AM
Erg... please delete

Lady Mylia
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:45:55 AM
Mylia laughed, for she herself had been in this position before. "Quay, Dasquian had a twin brother, Aaron. This is Aaron." She smiled and then nodded to Kelt. "Thanks everyone for coming, it'll mean a lot to Jacali."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 20th, 2003, 07:33:54 PM
Quay'Na's jaw dropped slighlty. "A twin? I had no idea. Wow, small world." She held a hand out to him. "Glad to meet you, Aaron. I'm Quay'Na Rakai."

Time
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:40:28 PM
Tyme had recived an invitation to meet at Jacali's living area for a party. But he had overslept, again, and thought he was running a little late.

He had gotten ready in less than five minutes. As usual, the hair wasn't done, but the sunglasses were on, hoping that would take something away from his hair.

He ran down the hall, nearly crashing into anyone he passed by. He hoped it didn't already start.

When he got to the door frame he knocked.

"Uhhh, i'm here." He said, looking around.

Lady Mylia
Aug 21st, 2003, 04:51:16 AM
Mylia smiled at Quay and Aaron. She then turned her attention to Tyme. "Hi, Tyme. Glad you could make it."

Aaron Belargic
Aug 21st, 2003, 11:52:59 AM
Aaron accepted the handshake and grinned slightly.

“Hello, good to meet you,” his gaze turned to Kelt and then Mylia, nodding to both of them.

“When can we expect Jacali to arrive?”

Lady Mylia
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:59:01 PM
Mylia shrugged. "It should be any time now, Dasquian was only supposed to keep her out for two hours, and that two hours is coming down to an end."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 21st, 2003, 02:04:42 PM
Quay'Na turns towards Tyme. "It's good to see you again." And then looks to Mylia, "perhaps, we should close the door? Or have someone stand watch?"

Lady Mylia
Aug 21st, 2003, 03:54:46 PM
Mylia nodded. "That sounds like a good idea to me. Hmmm. . . who wants to do it though? And who would look less suspsious doing so?

Simene Dawnstrider
Aug 21st, 2003, 10:04:56 PM
"I'll do it. I shouldn't look to suspicious. When she gets here, I will stop her by the door. It should give you guys enough time to prepare for her."

Simene walks over to the door and it slides open. She walks out and leans against the wall near the door. She keeps glancing up and down the hall, expecting to see her room mate at any moment.

Jakob Burton
Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:00:23 PM
Although several expected a human, the next visitor was, in fact, a wolf. A scruffy, lean but healthy wolf, carrying a gift. Trotting to the open doorway, he drops the small parcel in front of Simene. The wolf then sits, looking up at Simene with his head cocked sideways, mouth open and tongue lolling out and down the side of his lupine maul.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 22nd, 2003, 07:10:22 PM
Quay'Na felt Jake's presence immediately as she went back to the door and peered out. "Jakob Burton!" She laughed. "What are you doing? You'd better get in here, the guest of honor will be here shortly."

She opened the door enough, so he could squeeze through with his gift.

Jakob Burton
Aug 22nd, 2003, 07:22:39 PM
The wolf looked around, seeing that his 'cover' had been blown....so Jake simply trotted in, carrying the small, rectangular gift in his maul. He shot a message to everyone in the room, and they all 'heard' it.

"Hey, guys...."

Lady Mylia
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:11:16 PM
Mylia smiled to the wolf. "Hey, Jake. Glad you could make it." She looked at all the others, it seemed like almost everyone she invited arrived and hopefully more would come as the night grew. She hoped Jacali liked the surprise.

Time
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:18:20 PM
Tyme knew a few of the people in the room, he shook hands and greeted some he knew, and introduced himself to those he didn't.

"So this is a surpise party for Jacali, huh." He said, scratching his head. "Should have brought a gift." He shook his head, smiling.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:37:41 PM
Quay'Na looked at Tyme and smiled. "Don't worry about it, Tyme. We're just glad that you could make it. Which reminds me..." She turned towards Mylia. "Pierce is not going to be able to make it. He said something about one of the bouncers in th ebar calling in sick, so he had to work. He sends his apologies."

Lady Mylia
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:41:43 PM
Mylia nodded. "Well that sucks, but I'm glad everyone else could make it."

Aaron Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:25:43 AM
Aaron slid down into a free seat and watched the others, who all seemed to know one another, with a somewhat sedated smile.

Lady Mylia
Aug 23rd, 2003, 09:24:08 AM
Mylia noticed Aaron and went over to him. She took a seat on a coffee table close by. "Hey, Aaron. How are you doing?"

Kelt Simoson
Aug 23rd, 2003, 10:02:03 AM
Kelt had already seated himself to the left of Aaron and was sorting himself out. His hair, still looked like a wild rodent had promptly died on top of his head while his cloths were not ironed. He still smiled however.

' Mylia...' He nodded in greeting ' Good to see you again...'

Lady Mylia
Aug 23rd, 2003, 01:27:43 PM
Mylia nodded in return to Kelt. "It's good to see you as well."

Jakob Burton
Aug 23rd, 2003, 09:04:03 PM
"Hmm, formalities......ick....."

Jake paced the room, finding it much eaiser to maneuver through the crowded room in this form. If someone was in the way, he could deftly miss them with a great amount of ease. In an instant, a smell caught his muzzle, and stimulated his olfactoral section of his brain. Jake smelled food, and suddenly became hungry. He looked around, and easily spotted the table, stacked with food of all sorts. He trotted up to the table happily and sat on his haunches in front of the table, lifting his front paws to beg to whoever was serving the food. Things were so different in this form.......different but fun.

Aaron Belargic
Aug 24th, 2003, 04:12:29 AM
Aaron smiled up at Mylia.

“Great, thanks. I’m looking forward to today. I hope Jacali will like what I’ve bought her.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:18:07 AM
Mylia looked to Jake with a smile and a shake of her head, she then turned back to Aaron. "I'm sure she'll love anything you get her."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:39:04 AM
All right, all right!! Quay'Na told Jake through telepathy with a smile. "I'll get you something to eat, you big furball." She added teasingly as she put some snacks on a plate and sat it on the floor.

Jakob Burton
Aug 24th, 2003, 08:32:39 PM
"Alright! I get fed by a hottie!!!"

Jake laughed happily, scarfing down the food. After a few seconds, inhaling the food, Jake rolled onto his back, stomach positioned upward.

"How 'bout that belly scratch now? I'd appreciate it..."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 03:24:32 AM
Dasquian had just finished eating, in the silence. He looked up to Jacali and smiled a little.

“Well then… It’s been lovely having dinner with you, Jacali. I need to speak to Mylia about something, so I’ll accompany you back to your room.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:26:28 AM
Jacali nodded, "of course, Master. I'm ready." With a sigh, she stood up and followed him.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:28:09 AM
Dasquian stood, left a tip, and began to walk with Jacali. He blocked her out from his thoughts and sent a message to Aaron.

Tell them we’re coming.

Aaron Belargic
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:29:54 AM
“Dasquian and Jacali have just left Yogs,” Aaron called out, so that everyone would hear.

Lady Mylia
Aug 25th, 2003, 01:29:09 PM
Mylia immediately turned her attention to Aaron and then back to everyone else. "Keep quiet! Try to hide." Mylia quickly went over dimmed the lights of the room. She herself then went and sat down on the couch, crouching down some as with everyone else.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2003, 08:10:39 PM
Cool it, Jake and go hide. Quay'Na told him telepathically as she joined the rest of them behind the couch.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2003, 02:37:18 AM
Dasquian and Jacali walked down the hall to the room. The Knight lifted a hand, knocked on the door, then took a step back.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 27th, 2003, 04:09:44 AM
Jacali cocked her head sideways and looked at him strangely. "Umm, Master you don't have to knock this time. I live here, just walk on in." She smiled briefly and opened the door. All was silent inside and all the lights were dim. Odd... she thought as she walked in.

Lady Mylia
Aug 27th, 2003, 12:19:10 PM
As the door opened Mylia quickly stood up and faces Jacali and Dasquian in the dim light. "Happy Birthday, Jacali!!!" She ran over to give Jacali and hug before she turned back on the lights.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 28th, 2003, 03:34:36 AM
There was an echoed…

“Happy Birthday!”

… from both of the Belargic brothers, Aaron springing out from his hideaway and Dasquian stepping forward, both grinning at Jacali.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 28th, 2003, 03:53:48 AM
Jacali's mouth dropped open at the appearance of her friends, she was totally taken off guard. "Oh, my gosh..." Was the only thing she could say. She was shell-shocked.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 28th, 2003, 03:57:04 AM
Quay'Na had jumped out alongside Aaron, beaming with a smile on her face, while telling her friend. "Happy Birthday!"

Lady Mylia
Aug 28th, 2003, 04:56:17 AM
Mylia continued to smile at her friend. "How was lunch with Dasquian?

Kelt Simoson
Aug 28th, 2003, 06:29:29 AM
Kelt simply said in a soft voice ' Happy Birthday Jacali' with a curt nod.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 29th, 2003, 06:12:28 AM
"I can't believe this!" She finally said, with a wide grin. She turned and looked at her Master, giving him a quick hug. "You knew all along and you kept it in so well."

Jacali went around the room giving everyone a hug of thanks. She was nearly in tears by the time she got around the room, she was so happy.

Lady Mylia
Aug 29th, 2003, 10:01:29 PM
Mylia smiled, happy her friend was enjoying the party she had put together for her. She watched happily as Jacali went around the room. "Now that you are here, Jacali, what would the birthday girl like to do first?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 30th, 2003, 03:38:43 AM
The young Padawan smiled shyly, she'd never had a party like this thrown for her, ever. She looked at that the decorations, the cake that was sitting nearby, a snack table and then a table...with neatly wrapped gifts.

"Gifts?" She asked as she looked at all her friends. "You didn't have to do that." But, she walked over to them anyway and picked up the first one. It was from Aaron.

Lady Mylia
Aug 30th, 2003, 02:28:15 PM
Mylia smiled. "We know we didn't have to, we wanted to." Mylia watched as Jacali picked up the first gift.

Jakob Burton
Aug 30th, 2003, 08:15:17 PM
Jake, having no lips or a talking mouth, both howled and spoke telepathically, in a yell-like fashion.

"Happy Birthday, Jacali!"

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 31st, 2003, 03:32:25 AM
Jacali laughed as she looked down at the large furry wolf and patted him on top the head. "Thank you, Jake."

She then looked at her friends. "You guys are the best." She looked back down at the gift in her hand and began to open it.