PDA

View Full Version : What else?

Rook Enfer
Aug 18th, 2003, 05:20:00 AM
' And they say "darkness but blinds the man that sees?" ' A voice said, braking through the shroud of darkness like a blade. The hall was lit only by candles from what Rook could see, perhaps hiding those within?. He to was hiding in blackness, the large cloak, the shadow of his hat resting upon his face...He liked lightlessness as much as they did.

' I guess they also say that "Light shows all, and reveals nothing" so it would seem that you all share my taists also...Very interesting, quite inspiring.' He smiled wikedly then, stopping dead just before the threshold of the hall, there he would stay and wait to be answered.

Warlock
Aug 18th, 2003, 05:23:43 AM
“They, whomever they might be, also say that you cannot have one without the other.”

An old man, for he was discernibly old by tired gait with which he carried himself and the wizened fingers which showed from beneath his cuffs, curled around his staff. HE approached the younger man, squinting incredulously beneath his hood.

“Sight-seeing or interested in something else, mm?”

Rook Enfer
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:11:35 AM
' insteaded in something else ' Rook replied, his voice quiet and calm. ' I am here to see about joining...' He said simply.

Warlock
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:16:44 AM
“Ah.”

Warlock said, as though he had expected this response.

“Yes, that’s why most people seem to come here,” he mused aloud before glancing back up into the wide-brimmed hat.

“Why, exactly?”

Rook Enfer
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:42:56 AM
' Surely you answered the very same question when you were to join sir?' Rook answered plainly. Enfer looked away and turned to view the hall. Nothing much to see than the glowing candles and stretch the light pushed back the darkness to reveal parts of the room. ' Or perhaps not old one....' He mused to himself thoughtfully

Rook quickly turned on his feel to face Warlock once more.

'I wish to learn the ways of the darkside, tis all. I have a will for revenge and the taist for blood.' Rook spoke truthfully, his eyes meeting Warlocks.

Warlock
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:10:00 AM
“Mm, indeed.”

Warlock brought both hands to clasp his staff and nodded thoughtfully.

“Betrayal of this Order comes with a penalty of death. We are brothers and sisters-at-arms, a family, if you will. Your loyalty must be unwavering.”