PDA

View Full Version : Frisbee (open)

Hayes Muirso
Aug 17th, 2003, 09:39:33 AM
The bright blue disk whooooooshed through the air. In mid flight it had looked impressive, but when it was snatched up by the jaws of an immense one and a half meter tall dog, it looked pretty pitiful. It was made of some sort of duraplastic that had been chewed one two many times and was lucky that it had managed to retain a circular shape. Never the less, it was George the Nek’s favourite toy and he would accept no other.

“That’s right, good boy,” Hayes ran his palm over the sleek fur of his four-legged friend and gave him a pat on the hand before taking the Frisbee out of his sloppy maw.

“Alright, go on,” he waved his free hand to shoo the dog away.

“Ready? Ready?” a big grin spread over his face before he let the disk fly, sailing off over George’s head.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:17:01 PM
Quay'Na Rakai had been sitting under a tree, near the man and his dog. She had the afternoon off and it was nice to just come and relax for once, no studying, no training and no tests. The warm sunshine on her face had almost lulled her into a dreamy state, until she heard...the dog.

Throw it already! Throw it! I want it! I want it so badly, Master!!

She stifled a laugh as she watched the two of them.

"Ready? Ready?" She heard the guy ask the dog and then watched as he threw the frisbee.

I'm gonna get it, Master! I'm gonna rough it up! It's gonna die!

Quay'Na burst into laughter, she couldn't hold it any longer. That was until the guy was looking right at her.

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 04:20:28 AM
George thundered away to get the disk – he had never missed it before and Hayes couldn’t understand why he would still play it when he knew he would never loose, but that was dogs for you.

“What’s so funny?” he asked with a bit of a smile.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 05:25:12 AM
Quya'Na calmed down for a moment. "I'm sorry...it's just your dog is...well, hilarious." She stood up, brushed off and walked over to see George run back over with the frisbee.

I've got it now, Master!! Dead it's gonna be!! Won't fly away this time!! Keep a hold of it, Master don't let it get away!!

Quay'Na started laughing again as the dog began chewing on the toy.

She looked back up at Hayes. "I'm sorry...Quay'Na Rakai." She held out her hand in a friendly greeting.

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 05:34:20 AM
Hayes was about to accept the hand when the gigantic George bounded in the way, shoving his muzzle up into his masters hand. Chuckling, Hayes took the Frisbee and tossed it back over his shoulder.

“Hayes Muirso, and that’s George.”

George was a rescue Nek, who would eventually be two meters from the ground to his shoulders. He had bionic implants to improve his senses in hunting. He was meant for war, but had been rejected due to his kind nature. From the moment Hayes had seen the tiny little puppy he had loved him, but had never expected him to turn out to be such a size!

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:04:38 AM
"It would seem that George really likes to play." Quay'Na smiled as she watched him take off again muttering something like...

Oh Master! You let it get away again!!

George was quite funny as she snickered again.

She brought her attention back to Hayes. "You'll have to excuse my laughter, I'm not trying to be rude. It's just... I'm a sybiont with nature through the Force and I can hear...your dog."

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:08:20 AM
“Oh.”

Here was another one of those oddities that Hayes was so often contemplating. Another person with a power, an ability he did not comprehend. He nervously brought a hand up against the back of his neck as George ploughed in against his legs, almost making him fall over.

“Yes he does enjoy playing… he’s got totally limitless energy. Good job he’s such a gentle thing,” Hayes laughed as he once again was rattled about by the Nek’s playful nudges.

“… You can hear everything he is thinking?” he asked as he gave the big lug another muss on the head.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:15:00 AM
Quay'Na smiled and nodded. "Yes, and he's quite....amusing to say the least."

Don't let it go, Master!! Keep a hold of it! Steady...

"I really think he'd love it if you threw that thing again." Quay'Na smiled widely.

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:16:13 AM
“I always wondered whether or not they were really smart beasts,” Hayes said as he glanced down momentarily into the big brown eyes of the Nek before letting the Frisbee fly once more.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:23:38 AM
Ugh!! Blasted thing, I'm gonna rip you to shreds! How dare you get away from my Master!!!

Quay'Na laughed again at the Nek as he bound away. "He's all puppy right now, Hayes." She told him looked at him again. "Many take animals for granted, thinking oh they're stupid and how can they know anything, People would be quite surprised just how intelligent different creatures can be."

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:26:43 AM
“Well, I never thought he was stupid,” Hayes shook his head.

“I mean he’s meant to be a killing machine. He has to have some sort of sense to want to break away from the mould that was made for him. He’s a good kid though, aren’t you George?”

The Padawan lowered to a crouch, George’s paws flopping onto his shoulders as he dropped the Frisbee down into his masters’ lap.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:50:22 AM
*Sighs* This is suppsed to be Quay!! Sorry!!

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way." She apologized and watched silently for a moment. "He does have an agressiveness within him." She hoped to change the subject.

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:56:59 AM
“Yeah,” Hayes replied as though he was half concentrating on the conversation at hand, and half on something else. Shaking his head a little, he looked back to Quay.

“Anyway, enough about George. We’re probably inflating his ego to epic proportions,” the Padawan smiled, “I’m guessing you’re an apprentice?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:59:52 AM
"Yes," she nodded. "To Sage Hazzard. How about yourself?"

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:07:00 AM
“Morgan Evanar,” Hayes plopped down onto the grass, a little tired out from the morning’s games. He looked up, squinting as the sun shone in his eyes.

“Been here long?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:16:17 AM
"Depends on how you look at it. Here, living at the Temple, no not long only a few months. But, being part of the Order yes, a little over five years."

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:22:11 AM
“Five years?” Hayes looked a little surprised. He’d not even been here a year yet.

“That’s a long time. Did you come straight into the Order when you were old enough?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:27:22 AM
It's a long story, but I was accepted into the Order when I was fourteen. A Master by the name of Ira Valko was summoned by my uncle to have me tested. She found I was Force-sensitive and off I went with her as her Padawan. I think , we were at the Temple for all of three days, before she whisked me outta here to study my abilities with nature."

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:31:11 AM
“How exciting,” Hayes said with a genuine smile.

“Did she teach you how to hear the animals?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:42:23 AM
Quay'Na shook her head. "No, I could already do that. But, we went to an number os systems to study different animals and that was really cool."

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:45:50 AM
“I bet, I’ve only been out of the Deep Core-…”

George was looking expectant. Hayes was happy to oblige has playful nature, and gave the Frisbee a Force-aided throw that sent the disk soaring high off into the air.

“… out of the Deep Core once,” he continued, “and that was when I got George.”

He removed his glasses, taking the brief respite as a chance to give them a good cleaning on his shirt sleeve.

“Ever been to the big college just down the road? I used to teach there. A job like that doesn’t give you much room or time for traveling.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:52:06 AM
"No, never been to college. My training consisted all of being out in the field. I've never been one for sitting in a classroom. I needed the open spaces and drew on having the wind rush through my hair."

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:55:40 AM
“Insult my lifeswork why don’t you,” Hayes scoffed, obviously joking.

“I respect that people have different approaches to learning, though. I didn’t ever expect that I would adjust so easily to the Jedi way of living, but I’ve settled in quite nicely. Still can’t get used to those robes though.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:03:38 AM
"Oh, I love those robes. They are so warm, I've got about five of them. I wear them a lot. But, getting used to living here after so long of being out there..." She gestured towards the sky. "Has taken quite a toll on me, thank goodness the gardens are there. That is my 'real' refuge sometimes, I spent a lot of time in them."

Hayes Muirso
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:17:16 AM
“They always seem to be busy. I joined just before the Order was moved to the Coruscant base, so I can understand why. After being on Yavin all that time I can see why people would need the gardens here… it’s a big concrete jungle and the senate parks are hardly large enough to accommodate for the needs of the whole planet and the Jedi.”

George flopped lazily down by Hayes, tongue lolling out as he let the sun warm his body.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:56:51 AM
Quay'Na smiled and watched George, he seemed content and now...quiet.

"I'm very glad that the gardens have been added. I'd be lost without them."

She took a seat on the ground by them. "So, what brought you to the Temple?"

Hayes Muirso
Aug 21st, 2003, 11:59:49 AM
“Mm, well,”

Hayes held the battered Frisbee in his hands, spinning the disk around slowly.

“Something new. Early mid-life crisis maybe? I’m not entirely sure. It just seemed like the right thing to do.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:39:46 PM
"Nothing wrong with that, Hayes." Quay'Na smiled as she reached over and gave George a light pat. "I never would have thought in a million years that I would be becoming a Jedi six years ago. I probably would've laughed. But, now there's nothing more that I would rather do. I love my training. What are you specializing in?"

Hayes Muirso
Aug 22nd, 2003, 01:52:42 AM
“Nothing yet,” Hayes chuckled.

“I suppose I need to find something. Right now I’m just getting to know the way of life and the basics really.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 22nd, 2003, 07:31:36 AM
"Well, that's cool. Animals are the only specialized thing I have right now, the rest...is being worked on and it may take a while."

Hayes Muirso
Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:31:04 AM
“I think I’d like to try and… keep with the psychology, sort of. Maybe something with the mind? I don’t really know what I have to choose from.”

He gave a light shrug of his shoulders and dropped the Frisbee down onto the floor.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2003, 05:27:42 PM
"Healing, perhaps?" Quay'Na suggested.

Hayes Muirso
Aug 24th, 2003, 04:13:58 AM
“Maybe,” Hayes smiled.

“Although I’d really like to get my hand around a saber, eventually.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2003, 04:26:12 AM
Quay'Na's smile widened. "Ah, yes, the sabre training. It's a lot of fun, I'm not by far an expert or even really good yet, but I have fun. Mostly, I practiced with training probes, so I am pretty good at deflecting shots. That's about it."

Hayes Muirso
Aug 28th, 2003, 12:15:49 PM
“Oh? I haven’t gotten to use one of those yet. I’ve seen them floating about though. Marvelous what technology can achieve, isn’t it?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 28th, 2003, 05:03:24 PM
Quay'na smiled gently, "yes, indeed it is."