PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Dark Lord Dyzm
Aug 17th, 2003, 12:14:19 AM
Anyone else drooling over the images?

Buckets full here.

The Rogue Squadren game is leaving its roots of Starfighter to more of a SOTE type game play, which I see as kickbooty thing to do.

*Drools*

Darth007
Aug 17th, 2003, 01:15:17 AM
yeah it will be good but im not really too excited over it. im sick and tired of going back to hoth, endor, and tatooine and doing the same missions repeatedly with just enhanced graphics

Darth Viscera
Aug 17th, 2003, 07:12:19 AM
For Gamecube. Oh well. It's like they're trying to get us to dish out $1,000 so we can buy every single video game console in existence just to play LucasArts games.

Park Kraken
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:02:14 PM
You'd think that LucasArts would at least make a game with missions from the Thrawn Triology.

Darth007
Aug 17th, 2003, 07:03:05 PM
yeah

ReaperFett
Aug 17th, 2003, 07:06:48 PM
I dont see why they dont do a game doing missions from the EU. Non readers wouldn't notice, and you have a basis to work on.

Park Kraken
Aug 17th, 2003, 10:16:30 PM
Instead of Yavin, Hoth, Endor, do Sluis Van (Space Combat only), Katana Fleet (Space Combat, Then action on Dreadnought, being able to use immobile AT-PT, Turbolaser Turret on approaching dropships, and a switch followed by a cutscene activating the slave circuit, and watching as Dreadnought rams Peremptory.)
Bilbringi (Space Combat only) and/or Mount Tantiss (Land Combat only)

Darth007
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:12:36 AM
Yeah man that stuff would be fun to play, especially the missions from the Rogue/Wraith Squadron series. Flying with the full squadron would help too. Im sick of the groups of 3 i know its a pattern but it would be so cool to be a part of a 12 X-wing formation, or a mix of Y, A, or B-wings, just tearing up a space station or fleet of capital ships.

Another thing that's REALLY getting old is the whole Millenium Falcon and Snowspeeder extras. Seriously in the games the Falcon has the worst handling, worst accuracy, and isnt even all that fast or agile. Its a floating billboard sign saying "all TIE fighters fly behind me and shoot me while i can't avoid or shoot back at you". And the snowspeeder is weak, boring, and the effect of looping around an AT-AT's legs is wearing off.

And another thing that bugs me is that they figure theres a rule saying if there is snow or an AT-AT in a level you HAVE to be flying the snowspeeder... Any other fighter would have strong enough lasers to rip apart their armor. Am I the only one with these complaints?

txa1265
Aug 27th, 2003, 12:10:03 PM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm
Anyone else drooling over the images?

Buckets full here.

The Rogue Squadren game is leaving its roots of Starfighter to more of a SOTE type game play, which I see as kickbooty thing to do.

*Drools* But is emulating SOTE a good thing ?!?! I didn't think too much of that.

Anyway I had downloaded that hi-res 37MB video way back in May ... I think it looks really fun and cool, and may actually grab a GameCube to play it.

As for the comments about getting us to buy every console, I think it is the opposite - they are trying to cover every console base with a Star Wars game. Unfortunately for us hardcore gamers, it translates the same ...

Mike

Dark Lord Dyzm
Aug 29th, 2003, 09:30:32 PM
I had months of fun with SOTE on the N64
(All that crappy waiting time for new games, heh)
I been hearing that right now, the ground based missions are crappy. I'm going to rent the game before I buy it.

Darth007
Aug 29th, 2003, 09:35:46 PM
yeah I had a feeling from the start that the ground missions would suck. Remember trying to control Anakin, Obi-wan and Mace from The Clone Wars?

Silus Xilarian
Aug 31st, 2003, 01:35:33 AM
IMO, and this is only from playing the first Rogue Squadron. The Snowspeeder was a good ship, considering its a repulsorcraft. The lack of missiles and the fact that you cant dive straight down or up lessenes its value some, but the independant braking, when used correctly, allows for some great manuevering.

The Falcon was slow and bulky, but it was also a tank, and had autoaiming abilities. It also carried more warheads than any other ship. Not a great ship, but fun.

The TIE Interceptor is also a dream come true, but I have a soft spot in my heart for TIEs.

ALL in ALL, I thought it was a good game, but I never bought RS II, and probably wont buy RS III, but I rarely buy any games, no matter how rad.

txa1265
Sep 18th, 2003, 05:32:15 AM
Was this game officially delayed? I thought it was due in September, now previews are saying October ... any clues? The official site ... well, it's nice for game visuals, but harder to find basic info ...

Mike

Xela Oxralad
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:54:51 PM
The first one was awesome but the second seemed like not enough more to be it's own game.
THe secret missions were mostly just what if's.
And it focused too heavily on the actual main battles and the lead up to Endor. I liked how the first game focused on the stuff that went on between movies.
Rebel Strike isn't even Rogue Squardon in my book.
It's a good game, but it isn't a starfighter game.
I think that they should do a remake of both 1 and 2 to make number 4.
Take all the missions from both games, upgrade everything, give a squadron dinamic and 4 player action andadd a few other missions.
Also, make the tow cable less ugly.
Seriously, it looks like someone added it in in paint when you see it in Rogue Leader.

txa1265
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:09:05 AM
Check it out here. (http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200310/N03.1008.1939.45131.htm)

I am beginning to think that a Gamecube won't be darkening my doorstop any time soon ...

Mike

JediBoricua
Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:13:34 AM
Well has anyone gotten it?

I got it this morning, but I won't be able to play it for a couple of days, so tell me, is it any good?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:15:35 PM
I ain't going to buy it. I played a demo and ack... My faith in everything Star Wars is wavering. They need to hire true Gamer Fans and not these Trekkie Rejects to program games.