PDA

View Full Version : Practice Makes Perfect (Jacali/Mylia)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2003, 03:11:59 AM
Dasquian sat in one of the living quarters small recreation rooms with a cardboard box of something in front of him. The container looked a little strained, so it was evident that whatever it held was fairly heavy – it was bulging in some places. The Jedi Knight smiled to himself as he looked at it, and sat and waited for his apprentices to arrive.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 16th, 2003, 03:23:04 AM
Jacali entered first and bowed a greeting towards her Master with a bright smile. "Good day, Master. Mylia will be here shortly, she was trying to get off the holo-projector with her mother when I left." She curiously glanced at the box he had.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2003, 03:52:05 AM
“Alright. Have a seat and I’ll explain why you’re here once Mylia arrives,” Dasquian replied, an impish smile on his face.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 17th, 2003, 06:11:37 AM
Jacali nodded as she sat down and could tell by the smile on her Master's face he had planned something interesting.

Faith Lerf
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:48:11 AM
Erg... please delete....

Lady Mylia
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:49:03 AM
Mylia walked to the appointed meeting spot. She bowed to her Master. "Master Dasquin, Jacali. Sorry, my mom wouldn't take the hint I needed to leave for anything." She smiled and laughed. "So, what's that box?" Mylia questioned pointing to it.

OOC Sorry about that....

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:50:58 AM
Dasquian sat up some and opened the box up to reveal, inside, a pile of parts for something. They were all jumbled up, and some of them looked the same as others only perhaps a little older or newer. Some looked quite dangerous, whilst others were so small they were barely noticeable. All in all it was an odd jumble of things that wouldn’t have looked out of place on a scrap heap.

“We’re going to practice constructing a lightsaber.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 17th, 2003, 11:23:59 AM
Mylia's eyes widen as she looked at the stuff. She glanced towards Jacali. This was exciting. "Wow, this is going to be fun." She looked up to Dasquian. "Thank you."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 18th, 2003, 03:03:26 AM
Jacali was beaming. "Cool, Master!"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2003, 04:38:45 AM
“I’m not sure you’ll be saying that soon, but never the less…”

He began unpacking some of the pieces, setting them out on the table. Some of them did look vaguely saber shaped.

“It would be best if you learnt how to construct one before you actually make your own with a crystal in it.”

Jacali and Mylia looked a little puzzled at this point.

“These will not be functioning… I only want to make sure you know how to put one together when the time comes.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:24:06 PM
Mylia was slightly dissapointed, but none the less, this project would be fun. She knew it was for her own good, that way when time came, she'd be prepared. She smiled and looked up towards Dasquian. "I'm okay with that, I guess I have no choice, but it should still be fun."

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 19th, 2003, 02:04:59 AM
Jacali smiled at him. "You're the Master, lead on."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 19th, 2003, 05:05:08 AM
“First you need both to pick out a hilt and a circuit board. You will be using the board when you create your own saber, but the hilt you will have a choice on… you may use one from this box, or you may make your own.”

He motioned towards the parts, “Let the Force guide your hand.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 19th, 2003, 06:37:01 AM
Jacali looked first, she rummaged through an array of different hilts, but none seemed to call out to her. She glanced at Dasquian. "How hard is it to make one? None of these seem right to me."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:47:13 AM
“It is not easy,” Dasquian shook his head, “but it is believed that if you are not able to craft a saber, then you are not fit to wield one.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 20th, 2003, 04:39:06 AM
Jacali nodded. "Well, when the time comes, I'd really like to personally craft my own hilt. But, for now, I'll just pick one." She grabbed a hilt and stepped back for Mylia to chose.

Lady Mylia
Aug 20th, 2003, 01:22:23 PM
Mylia reached in the box, letting the force be her guide. She finally drifted her hand over the perfect hilt and picked it up. It was a beautiful piece of equipment; it had one main curve, swirling up the hilt, making it perfect for grip. She showed Dasquian and Jacali. "Got one."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:07:01 PM
“Alright… the first step is to take an activation switch and snap it into place on the hilt. Where you place this is entirely your choice… some people prefer lower down the saber, some higher, it all depends on where you would grip the cylinder.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 21st, 2003, 01:38:43 PM
Jacali nodded and held the hilt in her hand, studying it for a moment. Higher was definitely a better choice. "I think, I'll go higher, Master." She said more of to herelf than to Dasquian.

Lady Mylia
Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:34:09 PM
Mylia nodded at Dasquian, held her hilt in her hand and kind of passed it back and forst bewteen hands. She felt lower was better for her. "I'll go low." She said after Jacali made her decision.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2003, 01:47:22 AM
“Next, affix the connectors to the circuit board,” Dasquian pointed out each piece as he went along.

“Then place shielding tape along the switch and location of the superconductor.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 23rd, 2003, 09:28:35 AM
Mylia nodded and did at Dasquian said. She picked up the two pieces he pointed to and connected them as said. She placed the shielding tape along the switch and location of the superconductor. She then nodded and looked to Jacali, waiting for her to finish.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 26th, 2003, 04:26:06 AM
Jacali finished in somewhat the same way, then looked at her Master for the next step.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 28th, 2003, 12:19:12 PM
Dasquian handed out two little sparkly things.

“These are gem stones used in practice. When you make your saber, you will have to find you own.”

He slowly ran through the next steps.

“Slip the stone into place, with the continuous energy lens above it. Screw on the high energy flux aperture at the end of the hilt, where the beam will extend from.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 28th, 2003, 03:47:23 PM
Mylia nodded and did as Dasquian said. She had a little trouble with her stone, but finally got it in with the energy lens above it. She swrewed on the high energy flux aperture. She smiled again and looked back to Dasquian.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 29th, 2003, 03:38:12 AM
Jacali's stone slid in easily where it was supposed to be and then she too screwed in the high energy flux aperture, just as Dasquian instructed.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2003, 10:26:16 AM
“Clip in energy cell, discharged, and connect the recharging socket.”

Dasquian smiled,

“And then you’re done. All that remains is to charge the cell.”

Lady Mylia
Aug 29th, 2003, 09:59:06 PM
Mylia looked up at Dasquian as she finished the last of her "saber." "That's it?" She asked as she connected the recharging cell. She figured there would be more too it than that.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 30th, 2003, 03:08:30 AM
Jacail clipped in her energy cell and connected the recharging socket as instructed. "That is cool, Master." She said as she looked over her finished product, happily.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 30th, 2003, 04:23:22 AM
“That’s all, yes. It does seem easy doesn’t it? The difficult part is acquiring a crystal to put inside of the hilt… Now, these cells have already been charged, so providing you have connected everything right, the sabers should ignite. Have a go.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 30th, 2003, 05:19:31 AM
Jacali stepped back and looked at the sabre again. With a slight cringe, she flipped the switch, hoping it would indeed work.

It did and a bright blue blade appeared with a steady hum.

"Awesome!" She grinned, very pleased.

Lady Mylia
Aug 30th, 2003, 02:27:10 PM
Mylia nodded, being able to understand that. She quickly followed in Jacali's steps, only her try wasn't as succeesful as Jacali. A low hum was heard, but no beam appeared. Mylia turned it off and looked at all her connections, after several moments she noticed the energy cell wasn't cliped in fully. She pulled apart the pieces needed to get back to the cell and then clipped it in fully. She quickly reasembled her sabers and tried again. This time a blue beamed appeared as well as the low hum. Mylia smiled and nodded. "This rocks, thanks Dasquian!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:06:33 AM
Dasquian smiled broadly.

“Now, you may take these parts back to your room – if you wish – and practice constructing and deconstructing the saber again. There are manuals here, but when you are in the field making your own saber for real, you will not have them… therefore practice is essential.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 1st, 2003, 11:14:44 AM
"I know what I'll be doing over the weekend, Master." Jacali smiled as she glanced down at her newly constructed lightsaber, then flipped off the blade.

Lady Mylia
Sep 1st, 2003, 08:23:54 PM
Mylia snapped hers off. "Yes, we'll both be busy." Mylia looked at saber in awe. "Thanks so much, Master."