PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars episodes in 3D - have you seen it???

microgold
Aug 15th, 2003, 07:12:22 AM
I just preordered all the SW episodes in 3-D anaglyph on DVD. I got convinced to do that by watching the trailers fro the 3D versions of the films. WOW!

I am curious about other fans' opinions.

Darth Viscera
Aug 15th, 2003, 10:55:04 AM
How did you get a license to release the Star Wars original trilogy on DVD if even Lucasfilm won't release it on DVD? This seems highly dubious.

microgold
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:42:25 PM
Well, I don't really understand you. It seems that you think I own that website. No... I just visited and ordered the DVDs.

Well, I don't think it is official yet. They state that they are in negotiations with Lucasfilm, at least. Anyway, I don't really care about the legal part, that should be their problem. What I saw, the trailers, are convincing. I've never seen even similar thing before. All the actions are behind the screen not on the surface of it. You can feel the depth. The asteroid-fiel is incredible. Well, I can hardly wait the DVDs.

I hope they won't sell the rights to Lucasfilm. Knowing his marketing strategy, maybe all of you who do not order it now will only see the films in 2010 or when...?

Figrin D'an
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:18:00 PM
Viscera's question was not directed specifically at you, and it was at least partly rhetorical.

And I have to agree with his assessment... I find it difficult to believe that Lucasfilm would authorize anyone to produce or remaster any version of the Star Wars films, be they in 3D or not. The situation in general seems highly suspect. That website does not appear to very professional, either (the number of spelling and grammar mistakes is glaring... I doubt this is based within the United States or any other English-speaking nation).

I've seen bootleg DVDs of the original trilogy for sale for several years. The quality is slightly better than VHS, because there are people out there with enough video editing skill to improve the picture somewhat... but it's still far from remastered DVD quality. I have a feeling this something put together by one or two people trying to pull a fast one.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:34:53 PM
I am wondering if its a scam myself.

microgold
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:39:15 PM
Well, partly I understand both of you. Partly. What are we talking about? The quality of the paint and the furniture of a shop or the quality of the products they sell... I admit that sometimes there is a straight link between the two. But.... take your red/blue glasses and watch the trailers before you discuss the subject.

What I was talking about and the reasons of starting this topic is to have others' opinion about the products they sell (OK, about what we can experience now). Have you watched the trailers through a red/blue glasses? If yes, what do you think about that? If no, than, what are we talking about?

microgold
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:40:55 PM
Sorry, have ANYBODY WATCHED the trailers or we are going to discuss layouts and grammar mistakes???

Charley
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:40:56 PM
If you think that posting links for bootleg DVD's is a good idea, it isn't.

microgold
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:44:00 PM
Jesus Christ!!! Why nobody has a comment on the trailers?! I just wanted to know what do you think about the 3D effect of the videos I watched. Not to open a legal topic discussing the legal position of anything.

Charley
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:51:08 PM
You posted links where people could purchase and order bootlegged DVDs. Perhaps the lack of interest could be due to its blatant illegality?

Darth Viscera
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:44:45 PM
I don't have red/blue glasses anyway, and probably wouldn't know where to get them.

Ryan Pode
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:19:52 PM
I have a bunch of them...:(

I'll mail you some?

sirdizzy
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:33:12 PM
pay to see spy kids but go to another movie whammo ya got glasses

but wahtever ya do don't pay to see spy kids 3d then actually go see it i made that mistake

Milivikal k'Vik
Aug 16th, 2003, 12:27:28 AM
Pay to see Spy Kids but go to another movie. Whammo ya got glasses.

But wahtever ya do, don't pay to see Spy Kids 3d and then actually go see it. I made that mistake. Fixed, and:

Would it kill you to just type everything in Word?

Darth007
Aug 16th, 2003, 12:34:35 AM
would it kill you if its not worth peoples time to spent 5 minutes in word over 2 lazy sentences? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 16th, 2003, 12:51:56 AM
I could kill you both... >D

Darth Viscera
Aug 16th, 2003, 03:59:37 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I could kill you both... >D

:cat

get a room you three!

Park Kraken
Aug 16th, 2003, 06:42:55 AM
Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, don't forget about the spelling error, it's not wahtever, it's whatever. :-)

sirdizzy
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:30:59 PM
does it look like i really care

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2003, 04:22:07 AM
dizzy youve always seemed like a man who cares just about everything other than speling and punctuation

sirdizzy
Aug 17th, 2003, 06:50:42 AM
ya got to draw the line somewhere, can't care aout everything afterall

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2003, 10:55:38 PM
if you did you'd be tired all the time

Darth Viscera
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:25:27 AM
14 posts and the thread is hijacked.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:18:48 PM
You're all loosing your touch. :p