PDA

View Full Version : Chiss Arrival

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:53:07 AM
In the darkness of his chambers Lash sat thinking of the day before him. This meeting with his old friend Grand Admiral Deasaria would be the first step in securing the Sovereign borders of the Chiss Empire. Not since Thrawn has the Chiss Empire been as singular in its desires for interaction with outside factions. The dependance Thrawn had created on the Imperial War machine prior to his death had been a major hurdle to overcome. The war with the Ssi-Ruuvi and then the Vong had cost the Chiss Empire millions of lives and decimated there fleet to a fraction of its once powerful status. Now with the chore of somehow persuading the Grand Admiral to respect the borders of the Chiss and refrain from his expiation into the Unknown Regions.

As he sat meditating on his plan. The words he would say. the Expressions he would make just at the right moment. Every detail of his meeting planned out in his head. Every problem which could go wrong had to have a counter . Every word which was said had to have a meaning. even if that meaning meant nothing to anyone but him. Desaria was a brilliant man and lash dared not enter into a mind war with the Leader of the Sovereignty. Not out of fear but out of respect for the man.

As he sat in the dark his mind wandered of his wife and children. Killed in the war with the vong so many years ago. he had been away when the Vong fell on his home world of Fryer. How he missed his family. But now was not the time. He was alerted to the sound of his comm transceiver which he had sat on his desk before he began his meditating. He stood and walked to the Desk and retrieved the small device. Round with small buttons the Comm Transceiver fit tightly in a metal compartment on his desk. He remover it and placed it on his uniform collar then dressed the receive button.

"Yes Captain?"

Lash needed not know ask who the person on the other end of the transmission was. He knew only Captain Crutu would have interrupted his meditation.

"Grand Syndic I was to inform you when we were 20 minutes from reversion."

Lash sat down at the chair which sat adjacent to the desk. He paused a moment then answered the Captain.

"Yes Captain. Thank you , I will be joining you on the Bridge in 5 minutes."

Lash did not wait for a reply. He knew the Chiss Captain would not offer one. He stood and straightened his uniform then walked into the berthing compartment of his quarters. The small bed and wash room were standard aboard any Chiss Vessel. They did not believe in lavish accommodations of fancy sleeping chambers like so many other groups. A single bed across from a small desk was all the furniture the room had. The Washroom was equally plain. A sonic shower and sink with a mirrored cabinet above it.

Lash Walked out of his Quarters and down the hall to the Command turbo lift. The command deck was 20 level above the Command quarters, connected by a private turbo lift which made it the only way into the command deck. 20 officers populated the deck all senor officers of the Bloodclaw. They had all been hand picked by Lash as his Command crew for the shakedown cruiser of the Bloodclaw.

A massive vessel filled with Chiss technology and weapons. She was any Attackers nightmare. With shielding and redundant systems the Bloodclaw was a defensive masterpiece. But for now she must act as diplomat showing the Known Space Powers the true power the Chiss can wield if they are intruded upon.

Lash walked to the elevator and joined a Commander who was scheduled for the next shift rotation. The Chiss Officer stood at attention until Lash motioned for him to stand at ease. The Chiss had developed a series of hand signals used by many of the Chiss intelligence Operatives. Every Chiss Officer was required to learn this system and Lash like to use it to keep the Officers on there toes. It was more because Lash adored the Quiet. he hated loud atmospheres. He could think better when the sound of his heart beating was all he heard. For this reason he keep it as quiet as possible on his command deck.

The turbo lift wished to a halt and the door opened to the command deck. The walk to the bridge was a short one and Lash covered the distance in less then a minute. The door to the Bridge slid open and he walked into the room. Immediately all the Officers on the Bridge snapped to attention and waited for a signal to carry on. It came in a verbal form which was highly unusual for Lash.

"At ease gentleman."

The Officers of the Bridge went back to there tasks as Lash walked the 10 meters to the Command chair in the center of the Bridge.

"The bridge is your Grand Syndic"

Captain Crutu motioned for Lash to sit and stepped to one side.

"How long until reversion Captain."

Lash ask as he sat in the Command Chair. It was a large chair with high Arms covered in buttons which controlled almost everything on the command deck. A high back which contained a variety of equipment Lash had deemed necessary. It had a small foot rest and could pivot into a small relaxing angle. Lash sat back and waited for the reply to come from his sub ordinate.

"10 Minutes grand Syndic. Shall I bring up the shields once we revert?"

Lash turned to face his Sub ordinate.

"No Captain we must not present so much as a show of hostile forces. All weapons and shields powered down. I do not want to cause a misunderstanding and have to fight our way out of sovereign space."

The captain Nodded in understanding then turned to a sensor officer next to him. Lash settled into his chair and awaited the reversion into real space. soon his meeting with Desaria would be underway and the future of the Chiss people would be solid.

Lash heard the Sensor officer counting down from 10 and watched as the smooth star lines of hyperspace faded into the brilliant star field of real space. Before him sat the Thyferran system and its defense forces. Which no doubt had been shocked to see the Bloodclaw imerge from Hyperspace. Her sleek lines making her like no other ship in existence.

"Open the channel Captain."

The Chiss officer began issuing orders to a communications officer then look back to Lash.

"Channel open sir. we are transmitting on all standard imperial channels as well as the Sovereignty command channel you requested."

Lash smiled. he had a competent crew and trusted every man to give his life for the Chiss and for him. They were the top of the tire in the CEDF and he was proud to have them.

"Thank you captain."

Lash placed his hand on the left arm of the Command chair and presses a red button which bad begun blinking once the channel was open.

"Sovereignty Forces this is Grand Syndic Stela'shlit'nuruodo of the Chiss Empire. I have come to meet with Grand Admiral Desaria. Please inform him that I have arrived."

Lash took his finger of the button and looked at Captain Crutu needed no word to understand what Lash wanted. He told the Comm officer to close the channel and monitor all incoming transmissions both directed at them as well as fleet channels and command channels.

Telan Desaria
Aug 19th, 2003, 04:46:30 PM
OOC Time - After A Warrior's Respite

Above Thyferra

Imperial Flagship
Executor II Super-class Star Destroyer Inquisitor

" You will understand of course my decision."

The solemn voice rang out calmly against the four steelen walls which surrounded the speaker. High above, dimmed lights cast an eerie glow on the room - or chamber for accuracy's sake. Two occupants stood below, silhouetted against a thick iron grating: one stood, proud and arrogant; the other, shriveled and petrified, curled into a ball at the edge of the room's sole, bench-like furnishing.

" I've recently returned from vacation, did you know that?"

There was no movement of air through the small shadow of a cabin. In fact, all ventilation had been intentionally shut down several days before. The air was thin and filled with continually re-used carbon dioxide. Despite these dangers and irritations, the Grand Admiral maintained his haughty stance. He waited for no reply. Indeed, the other could give none as his jaw had been broken.

" It was quite relaxing. I returned hoping to find the Empire I left. Instead, on my way back, I was continually bombarded with reports of a revolt on a world in the Corridor Sector."

Desaria looked intriguedly at the many scars and contusions on the man's face. The work of the Imperial Inqusitors, sovereign lords over internal security, was always something to marvel at. Their art was of a morbid nature and by upbringing despised by the Grand Admiral, but the crime of which the man stood accused was far too severe for him to order the cessation of their cruel torture.

" To think I gave you that command!" The switch of moods from calm and authoritative to nothing less than outright hatred and rage would have frightened a Gamorrean.

" A Brigadier General of the Imperial Army! You betrayed your Empire, your class, and me! And worst of all, you knew exactly what you were doing."

The outburst was as fierce as it was brief. The commanding aura of the Supreme Commander of the Imperial Armed Services returned. He inhaled sharply, then turned towards an opening in the wall behind him. The steel slab crashed down behind the Grand Admiral and he stood alone in the single hall of the flagship's detention block.

A hiss of gas through pipes about filled the air and Desaria sighed. Every crevice of the room he departed would be filled with anerine gas, a vaporous substance that would slowly consume all living matter in its presence. Flesh would be destablizied as molecule agfter molecule was ripped apart by microscopic predators. With the hiss's halt, Desaria knew the survivng senior officer of the Hilarian Insurrection had been served Justice.

" Admiral."

Desaria looked down at his beeping comm link. With one sweep of his white-tuniced right arm, Desaria brought the device to his lips. " Yes, Captain?"

" A Chiss craft has reverted to real space beyond our defensive perimeter."

The visage of one man popped into the Grand Admiral's mind. An officer who had served ever so briefly the forces of the Empire before returning home to aid in the rebuilding of a brave yet dwindling dominion. Commodore Lash.

" Allow them a route into orbit. I am coming to the bridge."

Aug 30th, 2003, 02:21:28 AM
Lash Sat as the Reply came from Thyferran Trafic Control. They had given Co-ordinates and clearance to orbit the planet. Captain Crutu Handled the task of Moving the Vessel into it requeted orbital location. Lash had returned to his quarters where he had his Communications Officer open a chanel to Grand Admiral Deasarias Flagship. The Communications officer answered with a perfessional Imperial sounding greeting That seemed too rehursed.

"Please connect me to Grand Admiral Desaria. I have pressing business with the Grand Admiral and I wish not to take up any more of his time then I have too."

Sep 5th, 2003, 01:41:09 AM
Lash sat and waited for the Grand Admiral. He began reading through reports from the Chiss Senate on Defense and expansion procedures. The Chiss had been a reace of nomadic people thousands of years ago after Csilla iced over. Expansion had become there number one priority. Now With the 28 Phalanx worlds and Hundreds of Chiss Colonies through out the Unknown Regions the Chiss Empire Sought to stabilize there Expansion and begin looking inwards to Building upon what they have.

The Vong War weighed heavy on each and every CHiss alive. Millions dead at the hands of the Vong. Lash's Wife and Child Among them. The Defenses of the Chiss Empire had once been second to none. Thrawn had done for the Chiss what the Chiss could never do. Militarize there borders. The Chiss are peaceful in general and look upon Preemptive strikes or attacks as murder. Thrawn working outside the governmental reach in the Empire Gathered resources and Information the Chiss would never have been capable of collecting without violating there ethics.
Among this information was detailed specs. and tech data on most of the vessels and fighter craft used by the Empire and the New Republic. Although new fighters and vessels have been created Imperial Intelligence leaks keep the Chiss Archive of Information current. Also Files on Influential personnel throughout the galaxy and there families. Maps of sectors of space which few ever see or would want to see. Information on Plant life on a majority of the planets which have been discovered and some not yet known to the Empire or New Republic. Files on technology from the Emperors Personnel library and the most important Information of all, detailed logs of battles fought for the last 5,000 years.

Chiss have been studying the tactics of commanders of the past and present Noting every move and every surprise which had occurred. Constantly running simulations of these methods and technics using modern technologies. Constantly thriving to perfect the Chiss Battle Machine and creating the most powerful defensive force know in the galaxy.

Lash looked up from his reading as a Chiss Officer walked into His Quarters.

"Grand Syndic your Shuttle is ready. I have come to accompany you there."

Lash looked at the Blue skinned man and nodded an aknowledgement. The Chiss Officer nodded in reply and walked out of the room and stood in the hall awaiting Lash's Exit. Lash looked down to continue his reading when the Chirp from his Com Panel indicated the Grand Admiral was on Channel and ready to receive Lash's Transmission. Lash Pressed the Transmit button and the Face Of Grand Admiral Desaria appeared on the Screen before him.

"Grand Admiral it is good to see you Once again. I have come to discuss the terms of our Non Aggression Pact."