PDA

View Full Version : Mcallum Spoils Episode 3

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:44:38 PM
There aren't really huge spoiler here but still

- The film ends on a sad note, though because we know the Classic films, it isn't all that bad.
- Obi-Wan is fighting droids in the underwater tank they've been filming on recently. There is just a fight, no full scale battle.

- Rick has only gained 15 pounds during production so far, but says the stress is turning him into looking like the Emperor instead of Jabba.

- Jar Jar does NOT die in Episode III.

- The bad guy in Episode III will carry two lightsabers. On an unrelated note, there is a scene where we see Darth Vader getting his name and what it means.

- Palpatine is going to show us the power of the Dark Side. Look out!

- The script is 129 pages, they've shot about 80 of them up to this point.

Now First Palaptine showing the dark side wow that is going to be really awesome I bet he takes out Mace. Who is this new bad guy? Unless its Anakin/Vader. I am curious about the whole Vader naming thing. Also I am not shocked that Jar Jar doesn't die, I think he will be humilated when he learns the truth and will go into exile.

Doc Milo
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:13:55 PM
I'm not nor have I ever been a Jar Jar basher -- but I am kind of disappointed that he won't die in Ep3. To me, Jar Jar dying could be a metaphor for the Death of Innocence and the onset of the bad times ... of the dark times taking hold.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:48:29 PM
I agree, Doc. I always imagined that Jar Jar would die heroically, taking Luke to safety or something.

Darth Viscera
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:11:26 PM
Do we really need another bad guy with a lightsaber? I mean, we have Dooku, Palpy, Anakin, how many sith must there be until they hit their limit of 2?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:11:51 AM
I think that bad guy he mentioned is either Anakin as DV or Palpatine, maybe Palaptine wields 2 lightsabers.

Darth Viscera
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:22:40 AM
Palpatine, with 2 lightsabers?

I'm sorry, I can't handle that, it would be incredibly lame for GL to do that. Palpy is supposed to be the most powerful force user in the movie, he don't need no stinkin' lightsaber, much less 2. He would look at a lightsaber and say something filled with passive contempt that, if said by one of us, would include the word "n00b".

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:27:49 AM
It will probably be Anakin since he will be the new bad guy, he will probably use two against Obi-Wan in that epic fight.

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:25:09 AM
We've already seen Anakin using two sabers in his fight against Dooku, so it'd make sense for it to be Anakin weilding two blades.

And I bet ya the reason Jar Jar isn't shown to die is that it'd either turn the movine into a PG-13 rating, or crush all the little kiddies who love him. *shrugs*

Or, it could show how there still might be hope for the innocent, and not all the innocent is doomed and the like.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:29:25 AM
I have heard that Jar Jar has less screen time in Ep3 than in AOTC so maybe Lucas is thinking the less Jar Jar the better and can't kill him without giving him more screentime. It is the only thing I can think of besides the kids factor.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:24:35 AM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
We've already seen Anakin using two sabers in his fight against Dooku, so it'd make sense for it to be Anakin weilding two blades.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

JMK
Aug 17th, 2003, 02:22:58 PM
If Palpatine uses any kind of weapon I'd puke myself to death. I also think that Jar Jar getting the axe would be a good sign of the death of innocence in the galaxy. But then again there are a number of things that GL has done that have been questionable in the prequels.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 17th, 2003, 09:28:12 PM
Well I don't know if Palpatine will use a lightsaber most likely he will use the dark side I think we have to see him do something big maybe take out Mace without using a saber that would be impressive, IMO. Really besides Jar Jar Mccallum didn't given anything big away. I wouldn't be surprised to see Anakin use two sabers and Palpatine using the darkside is something I have been expecting.

Park Kraken
Aug 17th, 2003, 10:42:36 PM
Anakin just had one of his hands lobbed off, so I really can't see him using two lightsabers. Maybe Aurra Sing?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:31:07 AM
But now he has a metal hand Luke used a lightsaber even though he lost his right hand.

JMK
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:11:45 PM
I don't think there's even any debate that Anakin will be even more of a bad <font color=ff00ff>THIS POST NEEDS MORE FAQ READIN</font> with a lightsaber in Episode 3. Although maybe we will see more of that chopping and smashing style that Vader uses from Anakin.

ReaperFett
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:17:20 PM
I bet it'll be Ventress, from the comics and cartoons.

Park Kraken
Aug 18th, 2003, 09:08:16 PM
OOOOOOHHHHHHHH! OOOOOOHHHHHHH! OOOOOOOOHHHHHH!
I just had the wildest idea. How about a very young, well trained, Mara Jade?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 18th, 2003, 09:25:37 PM
She be too young She is younger than Luke I doubt we see her. I really don't think there will be a new sith most likely it will be Anakin weilding two sabers he can surely yield one in his robot hand. Still I have heard rumors that Palpatine might have a lightsaber McCallum is asked in the new insider and he said maybe (which of course tells us nothing).

Jedi Knight Sui-Gro
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:35:30 PM
I can't wait to see Vader, it's going to be great when he takes his first deeep breath. Check on Entertainment Weekly I think they are having updates on their site.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 20th, 2003, 08:33:12 PM
Too bad we will have to wait till the end of the film :( Still when he comes on I expect a lot yelling and clapping.

Figrin D'an
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:59:20 PM
I kind of hope that that metal arm that Anakin has at the end of AOTC will be replaced with something else... like perhaps it was the first step in getting cybernetic replacement, and it will be covered with living tissue, ala the Terminator, or even Luke's artifical hand in the original trilogy.

Having that metal arm waving all over the place during lightsaber battle could be rather... dumb-looking... if it isn't done right.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 21st, 2003, 02:04:52 AM
I thought it looked pretty lame at the end of AOTC, personally. all the friggin technology in the galaxy, with hyperdrives and sleek naboo cruisers and lightsabers and all they can come up with is something out of a model kit? Gimme a break.

darth_mcbain
Aug 21st, 2003, 08:57:14 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Too bad we will have to wait till the end of the film :( Still when he comes on I expect a lot yelling and clapping.

It'll be like Yoda's entrance in AOTC - the theater will erupt!!!

Is this an image of Vader from the official site? It sure looks like it is him, without the helmet, but what's the deal with the red eyes? It makes him look like the T-800 from The Terminator. It's probably just a stylized depiction, but I hope they don't give him red eyes - he is evil enough without giving him red eyes... Plus his eyes were normal in ROTJ...

http://www.geocities.com/darthmcbain/vader.txt

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:40:21 PM
I saw that on theforce.net that is some Moff can't remember his name. About the hand I don't know they might put some skin over it like Luke. It could have just been a temorary thing and they didn't have time to put skin over it for him to bring Padme back to Naboo.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 21st, 2003, 03:23:15 PM
Hello who has red eyes? THRAWN.
:D

Figrin D'an
Aug 21st, 2003, 04:23:30 PM
Yeah, except Chiss have blue skin, and Thrawn didn't need a respiration device.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 21st, 2003, 05:59:56 PM
Hes not wearing a Moff's uniform and his rank bar is wrong.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:27:08 PM
maybe he was admiral I can't remember now but I read that on theforce.net it is from the comic Empire.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 23rd, 2003, 01:39:01 AM
I didn't look, was just saying. :)

Jedi Knight Sui-Gro
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:43:28 AM
It could be Vader, and he would have cybernetic eyes. Or it could be this new guy who they have mentioned with 2 lightsabers. There is a sketch of him on the cover of the current Star wars Insider.

darth_mcbain
Aug 24th, 2003, 09:46:41 AM
It could be Vader, and he would have cybernetic eyes

Except for the fact that when he is unmasked in ROTJ his eyes are perfectly normal...

From TF.N... http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=21754

The image they show there makes it pretty clear that this is not Vader... But he sure does have a lot of similar technology to the big V.

BUFFJEDI
Aug 25th, 2003, 11:53:27 AM
I'm a 100% sure that , that's not Vader. And 98% sure that I had looked through a comic book a few months back and that guy was in it. Just wish I could remember.