PDA

View Full Version : Human Annoyances

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:10:47 PM
"Laarrr? Laarrr?!"

Nasseeris tail whipped back and forth in frustration. She had asked her manservant to help keep an eye on the ShadowFaene mistress and Nass assumed thats what he was doing. Only DrenKast wasnt on the base. Which still left the question of where Laarsseerrro had gotten off to.

Stalking down to the hangar bay, she searched among the boxes and crates and came up empty handed. A low growl rumbled in her throat. Where had that male gotten off to?!

Turning quickly, Nasseeri caught sight of one of the newest members of 'Faene. A young human male named Sohei. Nass had thought him to be helping with the inventory. If that were the case, then why was skulking among the ships?

Sohei
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:16:05 AM
Rather brash...

Sohei turned his head to look at Nasseeri as he ran his hand along a wing of his ship.

His mellow voice echoed slightly in the large hangar."Oh, hello madam Nasseeri."

He approached her, his manner polite yet self-assured. His eyes locked with hers, though she was slightly taller.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you. I am Sohei." He bowed regally to her and rose, a smile on his face. "Is there something I can help you with? You appear to be looking for something."

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Aug 13th, 2003, 08:01:27 PM
From her superior height, the Cizerack sneered down at the smaller human male. No, make that everything superior over these humans - height, strength and intelligence, the latter being something this small male quite obviously lacked. Who did he think he was to approach her like he was someone of any importance?

"ji know who jyou arrre, bojy. Perrrhapsss ji ssshould be assskjing jyou that quessstjion!"

Nass tested the air, taking in his scent. Not as bad as most of the males around here, though but certainly not carrying the strong, virile male scent that Haman wore like a badge of pride. Still, he was male. And that was something Nasseeri was always interested in. But it wouldnt stand in her way.

The Cizerack female didnt trust any of the humans, this one included. He was new and therefore unknown. With DrenKast, Remkah and Cyrus Haman, she knew what to expect. Snack, Sohei and Ahron fell into her 'doubly-suspicous' category while the vampire, Ezra was somewhere in between.

Sharp blue eyes stared back at the youth, from behind the lens of her glasses, daring him to question her again about anything.

Sohei
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:58:09 PM
Sohei presently was aware of her efforts to size him up. The Cizerack sense of smell, especially the females', was legendary for it's ability to denote emotion and character from a person. Sohei hid his well.

"That is not necessary, madam, as my business here consequently involves you."

He paused for a moment to view her reaction, then continued.

"You see, my contract here at Shadowfaene denies me the right to trade with commissioned smugglers. As such, I must turn to other methods of supply. What better facility of legitimate and fair commerce is there than the Cizerack Pride? Seeing as how you are the official liaison between Shadowfaene and the Pride, I had hoped we could form a business relationship that would benefit us both."

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:30:13 PM
Red lips peeled back, exposing her fangs. Sohei's confidence faded a touch - was the Ciz smiling or getting to ready to bite a chunk from his head?

Nasseeri laughed but the young mans slight relief was short lived as her upper lip curled disdainfully.

"When jyou can tell the trrruth ljittle one, then we majight talk agajin. ji know forrr a fact that DrrrenKassst doesss not have contrrractsss wjith bassse perrrsssonnnel."

Her long, supple tail curled around one leg, the tip twitching lazily.

"Jif jyou werrre rrrequjirrred to ljie jin the passst to ssstajy aljive, ji'm sssurrrprrrjisssed that jyou have sssurrrvjived thjisss long."

Sohei
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:45:19 PM
Sohei disregarded her latter comment. He could tell she was used to looking down at people, both physically and psychologicaly. He frowned slightly, unfazed.

"Then perhaps I used the wrong term, madam. She gave me certain restrictions when I was hired a short time ago. A thousand apologies for my mistake.

"The Cizerack are renowned for their economic prowess... have you... brokered any deals with Shadowfaene during your tenure here? Perhaps I am dealing with the wrong person."

Sohei canted his head to the side quizzically.

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:30:54 PM
"Brrrokerrrjing dealsss jisss not jin mjy job dessscrrrjiptjion. Whoeverrr jis passssssjing thjisss jinforrrmatjion on to jyou jisnt dojing jyou anjy favorrrsss."

Either he was very foolish or very poised for one of his age. Sohei hadnt flinched when she bared her fangs at him though he did give his wording a second thought.

"ji dont have tjime to ssstand herrre and wassste on jyou. Ssspeak plajinljy orrr go about jyourrr bujisssnessssss. ji have worrrk to do."

Laarseerro Reeaarrro
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:17:17 AM
A shadow loomed over Sohei from behind, as the air around the two seemed to strain under the weight of the gigantic Cizerack male. The hyuu-man felt breath against the back of his neck, as Laar inhaled, taking in the man’s scent.

“Hello, Mjissstrrressssss… who jisss jyourrr frrrjiend?”

Sohei
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:48:05 PM
He had heard something behind him, and was about to turn around to see who it was when Laar spoke. Sohei calmly moved to the side so that he was facing both of the Cizerack. He adressed Laar for a second.

"Ah, hello. I am Sohei. I will continue my conversation with madam Nasseeri unless you have any objections."

Without really waiting for a response, Sohei turned back to Nass. He furrowed his brow for a moment.

"Well, madam... if you represent the Cizerack Pride here and can not broker any deals... what do you do?"

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:04:49 PM
"One thjing ji can do jisss have disssappearrr wjithout a trrrace."

Long, powerful Cizerack fingers flexed, claws flashing as the females temper flared.

"ji wasss not underrr the jimprrressssssjion that ji had to anssswerrr to [I]jyou! When ji thjink that mjy busssjinessssss jincludesss jyou then ji wjill let jyou know!"

Nasseeri hissed out the last few words, her tail swishing in anger. Laar looked from her to Sohei, wondering if or when his mistress would order him to snap this frail human male in two.

Laarseerro Reeaarrro
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:07:28 PM
A deep throaty sort of growl was rumbling in Laar’s throat. His tail flicking angrily back and forth, the man-servant had switched his attitude instantly from passive curiosity to highly dangerous aggression. His mandate was to serve and to protect, and the latter was his specialty.

Sohei
Aug 16th, 2003, 03:31:39 PM
"Please, madam. This is getting us nowhere. I'm sure that if I suddenly died, Lady Hera would not be unsuspecting of you."

Sohei acted calmly amongst the rising levels of aggression mounting from the Cizerack. As he looked at the situation rationally from a third-party standpoint, it didn't occur to him that he had made any aggressive moves or threats, yet merely addressed the Cizerack as if they were his equal. This was obviously the incorrect approach. He stored this information for later use.

Maybe one more try. He softened his voice and his tone became inferior with a hint of desperation.

"Now, perhaps I should rephrase my query. I would like to trade with the Cizerack Pride, and you are in a position of power in which to help me, if you so wished. Please, can you assist me?"

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Aug 17th, 2003, 04:48:14 PM
'Sssussspect me?? Whjy would DrrrenKassst sssussspect me of kjilljing jyou? Thjisss jisss the firrrssst tjime we've talked orrr come face to face."

This whole situatuion felt wrong, from beginning to end, especially with this young one tossing the 'Faene owners name around so casually.

There was no reason that Hera would suspect Nasseeri of killing anyone here at the base...except for Hera herself. No, if she were to be at the top of the list, then something else was going on.

She was being baited on a grand scale. A crooked sneer enveloped her mouth.

"Jyou can tell Herrra forrr me that jit wasss a good trrrjy but jit fajiled missserrrabljy. Next tjime ssshe ssshould not sssend a bojy to do a mansss worrrk. Come, Laarrr!"

Nass's thick claws dug at the metal decking as she spun on her heels, with Laar in tow. DrenKast was going too far!

Sohei
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:07:07 AM
Sohei stared at her as she began stomping away. A blanket of confusion lay over his face.

"Madam, you are acting in a very paranoid manner. You must not read too much into my words, it is not healthy for your mental health.

"If you feel that I am untrustworthy, you may ask Lady Hera and we can clear this up. In the meantine, can you give me a contact within the Pride to continue my transaction with?"

Sohei attempted to continue the conversation, laying blame for it's abrupt end upon Nass' sociopathic behavior.

Laarseerro Reeaarrro
Aug 19th, 2003, 09:11:49 AM
Laar was incensed. First this man insulted his Misterss and now he wanted her to help him? Hyuu-mans were so stupid sometimes! The big Cizerack snarled and gave Sohei a push with his paw, shaking his head as his tail whip-cracked behind him.

“Go awajy, ljittle man.”

Nasseeri Haalleerraa
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:58:57 AM
For Nasseeri to deal with anyone other than DrenKast would be a violation of the agreement between the Pride and ShadowFaene itself and thats something the Ciz female would never do - at least not right now.

Nass was in this hell-hole of a fortress because of disciplinary action for a past offense and she had no intentions of being raked over the coals again.

To make a deal under Heras very nose would be sweet indeed but she wasnt going to jeopardize her position for someone she didnt even know. Trust came with time and Sohei was rushing, pushing for business. His insistence smelled liked the rotting corpse of a sajoi someone forgot to toss out.

She would keep her eyes on this young male and make a decision further down the road. Nasseeri glanced back and snapped her fingers.

"Laarsaeerro!"

Laarseerro Reeaarrro
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:08:07 AM
Before Sohei had a chance to respond to Laar’s push, the Cizerack was thudding away down the hall after his Mistress. He caught up with her and walked at her side, his anger from moments ago still present in his strong stride and head held up high, his already massive chest puffed out in pride.

Sohei
Aug 20th, 2003, 07:28:59 PM
Sohei watched them both leave with a hint of despair on his face and in his thoughts. He had to admit, he did not know with what kind of message Nass left with from him. He could only hope she wasn't going to write him off. He decided that he would have to analyze her reactions at a later time. After a cooling-off period, perhaps he could try again with a new approach.

The assassin-turned spy returned his attention to his ship. He took out a rag, and began wiping off grime from the engine exhaust.