PDA

View Full Version : It's a jungle out there! (open)

Soen Spellflinger
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:25:08 PM
It's a jungle out there
Disorder and confusion everywhere
No one seems to care
Well I do
It's a jungle out there
Poison in the very air we breathe
Do you know what's in the water that you drink?
Well I do, and it's amazing
People think I'm crazy, 'cause I worry all the time
If you paid attention, you'd be worried too
You better pay attention
Or this world we love so much might just kill you
I could be wrong now...but I don't think so!
It's a jungle out there

Soen has always looked constantly worried and depressed, but as of late his melancholy demeanor has worsened dramatically. He's poor, has no home, and just recently ran from the one offered him. His stay in the Shrine was maddening; everywhere he sees ghosts of threats and little things that might go wrong, no matter how small the chances are of it.

Coruscant is filled with such things, and though it is his native planet, the little magician finds it hard to set foot out of the Bar and Grill and try to find shelter for the night. He stands with his face and hands pressed against one of the windows facing the street, looking out into the rainswept streets with a look of growing panic on his face.

"I'm gonna hafta go out there sooner or later...they'll close, and throw me out. But...I can't go out there! I'll die!"

Chris Raynark
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:31:56 PM
“You’ll die? My horses <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>,” Someone replied from the booth conjoined with his, Raynark propped his arm across the headrest and gave the kid a slightly sarcastic grin, “Only thing out there that’ll kill anyone are the damn dogs, nowadays, Jedis’ got it pretty well wrapped up ‘round here.”

Soen Spellflinger
Aug 13th, 2003, 06:40:04 PM
"But it's raining!" he protests, as if rain had the destructive power of turbolasers. "I don't have an umbrella!"

Chris Raynark
Aug 13th, 2003, 07:26:17 PM
Blink..... blink....

"You've got to be kidding me, kid... 'fraid of a little water?"

Soen Spellflinger
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:19:12 PM
"A little!?"

Thunder claps outside, rattling the window Soen is staring out of. It's falling so hard he can't see a thing three inches past the window.

"It's making rivers out there!"

Chris Raynark
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:23:01 PM
Chris glanced out the window, laughing.

"Naw," He turned back, smirking, "Now Naboo's got some nasty showers, this here is a leaky hosepipe compaired to monsoons over there. I should know, spent a few years in the military stationed in the rainforest."

The lightning sparked again, followed by a huge boom.

"Woa! That'ns a good one!"

Soen Spellflinger
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:22:39 PM
"It's BAD!" Soen sputters. "That stuff could hit a hovercraft! People could get hurt or killed!"

Quickly, but also reluctantly, Soen tears himself from the window to find something new to distract him, and maybe lift his worry a little. Instead, he finds something new to fret over. The bartender's coffee pots are uneven. There's alot more decaf coffee than regular coffee. Soen points a wavering finger, then turns deftly away to go look for something else to do, but his mind keeps drifting to the coffee...