PDA

View Full Version : Remnants of a Lost Jedi. . . [Open]

Xazor Elessar
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:47:21 PM
It was quite early in the morning and the Temple was still dark. The light from the rising suns had not yet touched the marble craftsmanship of the large structure, nor had it awoken many that rested within the walls of the Living Quarters. Still someone stirred within the building -- someone who had to remain unseen.

Quietly and quickly a figure clad in robes of black with the hood drawn over her head slipped into the Temple and from her closed hand fell an envelope of white. It was addressed to no one in particular, and in fact, had the letters "G", "J" and "O" written across the front. Inside was a letter from Xazor Elessar.

To whomever finds and reads this,

Do not repeat what I am about to tell you to anyone, save for Navaria Tarkin, and Figrin D'an.

My name you need not to know at this time and place and therefore, I shall not tell it to you. Please inform the above mentioned persons that I shall no longer be a member of The Greater Jedi Order due to personal reasons.

I cannot be a party, any longer, to a code that I do not support nor that I fully believe in. I cannot be ruled by a Council that I do not agree with and would much rather go against. For so many reasons, I cannot stay -- but the main one being, is that my destiny awaits.

It calls and beckons to me every second and so, I must embrace what lies ahead of me. I know not exactly what that will be, but I have a pretty clear idea as to what it may be. Please know that my love for my fellow Jedi is not lacking, and indeed, I shall remain of the Jedi for that is where my heart truly lies.

Please tell no one else of this. Do not breath a word to anyone of what I have told you, save for Navaria and Figrin. Show them this letter and if by chance, they ask who the author is -- it is the daughter of a Jedi Warlord. I take my leave from you and bid you farewell. May the Force be with you and the rest of the Jedi Order. I shall miss you dearly.

Jedi Knight Unknown

As the letter hit the floor and came to rest, the swooshing noise of a cloak could be heard as the one who left it fled from all sight -- from the Jedi Temple and the Greater Jedi Order itself. This would be her last time setting foot inside the Temple, inside of the place she had called home for so many years. This was it. This was the remnants of a Lost Jedi.

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 12th, 2003, 05:25:05 PM
Sleep had become something of a luxury for Loki as of late. Traumatic experiences had rendered his barriers useless to the whispers of the Force and his nights were long and sleepless, when he closed his eyes he would often see things and feel things plagued by anger and violence. As such, the padawan had become afraid to sleep and on this particular night had decided to exhaust himself by staying awake and train in various ways. He had almost fallen alseep meditating and decided to call it a night despite it being the crack of dawn. On his way back to his quarters, he noticed a small white envelope adressed to the Jedi Order and after examining it, tucked it away in his tunic and began a trek throughout the grounds in search of the nearest elder.

Figrin D'an
Aug 12th, 2003, 05:54:44 PM
Figrin was up at the crack of dawn, as usual. He found sleeping beyond the rise of the morning sun nearly impossible, even with adequate shading on the windows. At times, it annoyed him, not being able to sleep in on the rare off day he might enjoy. On days when the Jedi would have a lot to do, though, it was nice to be able to wake on time without worry.

The Jedi Master had just finished checking for overnight holonet messages and updating a datapad with his itinerary for the day when his stomach started to rumble. His scheduled breakfast with the rest of the Council was more than an hour away. Thinking perhaps he could find something to tide him over, Figrin exited his quarters and ventured down the main hallway towards the cafeteria.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 12th, 2003, 06:26:39 PM
After yesterday's training session with my padawan Iago, I felt certain that I would be sleeping very well. I had awoken in the morning feeling refreshed, but my body was more than a little annoyed at me for doing more than I usually did. I strode out of my quarters in search of some food.

On my way towards the cafeteria, I spotted Figrin, and walked up to say hello.

"Ah, good morning, Master D'an"

I smiled and gave a little bow to the tall Jedi, one of the few who, after all these years, I could truly call a friend.

"I see I'm not the only one up at this hour."

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 12th, 2003, 06:43:43 PM
The sound of voices attracted Loki in another direction, they were mature, adult voices and definately not those of padawans. He followed the sound back to a broad hall which was all but empty save for two Jedi headed in his direction. He approached them not forgetting to rub the tiredness from his eyes first and straighten himself up.

"Good morning Master D'an, Master Relvinian." He bowed appropriatly. "I have something which I believe will be of interest to you."

He pulled the envelope from the folds of his clothing and held it out for them to see.

Figrin D'an
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:31:54 PM
Figrin gave the padawan a curious look, but took the envelope from him, opened it and began to read.

The body of the message could be easily discerned by anyone who read it... a Jedi seemed intent upon severing ties with the Order. There was, however, an intent by the author to wordsmith the letter to make it's actual meaning known to a select few. The Jedi Master, being named in the letter, was clearly one of those people. It did not take him long to determine the hand that penned the message... although, what exactly to do about it eluded him for the moment.

Master Relvinian had been looking over his arm, reading the letter as he did. He handed the letter to her, allowing her to finish it unabated.

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention," he nodded to Loki. "This concerns a matter that will be handled by the senior leadership of the Order."

He paused, a look of concern crossing his face as he eyed both Ryla and Loki. The knowledge of this letter needed to be limited.

"Loki," the Jedi Master began. "I must request that you not discuss this letter with anyone, not even other Jedi. It's content, and it's very existence, is a... matter of some delicacy. I can assure you though, it will be handled properly."

Figrin turned to Ryla, not saying anything, but giving a clear indication that he needed to talk to her privately.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:11:19 AM
"This is most distressing."

I frowned, looking back over the letter again, trying to understand it. All thoughts of breakfast were temporarily put aside as I turned my face up to Figrin, who also looked concerned.

"The last paragraph gives the writer away... What do you make of this?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 13th, 2003, 02:54:25 AM
“What is most distressing?”

Dasquian was approaching, looking as though he had under slept by about six hours. His eyes showed the fatigue the most; he rubbed his palm up against them in a desperate attempt to brush away the impression that he was shattered.

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 13th, 2003, 04:59:05 AM
"It's alright, I didn't read the letter. It would be rude to read a letter not addressed personally to myself." Loki said plainly witha smile of reassurance. He greeted Master Belargic as he had done the other elders.

"Now if my presence is no longer neccessary, I would like to take my leave."

AmazonBabe
Aug 13th, 2003, 02:27:15 PM
:: The turbolift down the hall opened, "spilling" AB out into the hallway. She was brushing her hands together to erase the rest of the cool dirt, not yet kissed by the warmth of the rising sun, that had stuck there while she had tended to the gardens. Being an hour away from breakfast, she figured it best to come in and freshen up before joinging the others for the morning meal. ::

:: She walked down the hallway, and turned the corner to head towards her quarters, when she practically ran into Dasquian's back. She had to Force herself to stop abruptly. ::

Oy! Sorry about that. I wasn't watching where I was go...ing...

:: The last word came out slowly as she read the concern scetched on Ryla and Figrin's faces. Confused, she looked between the two Masters. ::

What's... wrong?

Figrin D'an
Aug 13th, 2003, 04:13:06 PM
"Unfortunately," he responded without looking at Ryla, "I know exactly what to make of this... the question is what to do about it."

Dasquian and AB had already arrived and heard Figrin's words, causing both of them considerable confusion. He took the letter from Ryla and handed it to them to read over

As they read, he continued the line of thought...

"In the back of my mind, I've been expected something like this for a while now. I had hoped that it wouldn't come to pass, but it would seem that her decision was inevitable."

The Jedi Master was in a difficult position. He knew more about... certain matters... than his fellow Council members, and he had to be careful how much he revealed. His promise to an old friend was still of vital importance, and one that he was not about to break.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 13th, 2003, 05:17:48 PM
I sighed, brushing back a strand of loose hair behind my left ear as I watched Rie and Dasquian read over the letter. We were now an odd little cluster in the hallway, gathering passing strange looks from the few others who were up and about.

"May I suggest that we take this to a... more private location? I'd like to keep this is discrete as possible. I'm sure the rest of the council should be informed of this."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:57:52 AM
Dasquian glanced over the letter with an expression of confusion, but inside he half understood. His throat grew tight with anxiety. Written conversations with Xazor had informed him of her departure from the Order barely days ago.

“Y-yes… they should,” he pushed the letter back into Figrins hands and sighed.

AmazonBabe
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:47:15 PM
:: AB had just enough time to finish reading the letter before Dasquian handed it back to Figrin. She looked up expectantly. ::

To the Council chamber then?

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 15th, 2003, 12:57:59 AM
I nodded, and stepped behind Dasquian and Rie to talk to Figrin on the way down the hall.

"You said you knew this was coming... And yet many of us could sense no change in her demeanor."

Turning up to examine his face, I saw the weight that came not from age but from wisdom... and secrecy. It was a strange feeling for me, and somewhere in the back of my mind I realized that I never would have sensed that a few months ago.

"Are there things that you need to share with us, for the good of all?"

Figrin D'an
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:33:33 AM
Figrin did not look at Ryla, mearly down the hallway with a blank stare. He had heard her words, and understood the question clearly... but he hesitated to speak. His inner self was struggling with the want to confide in his comrades, whom he trusted and respected highly, and with the necessity for silence. Until now, it had been relatively easy to handle, because it was something that was rarely ever exposed to the greater Jedi populous. The letter he still clutched was, he feared, about to change all of that...

Damned foolish girl, he swore silently, thinking of Xazor. Why did you have to do this? You endanger yourself and others through this act of... self-serving emotion!

Thought his outward persona remained calm, inside... Figrin was annoyed, and concerned. Ryla had obviously picked up on those inner responses. He wasn't sure how to answer her, though her inquistive gaze demanded some form of response.

"There are things I know," he said at last, still staring down the hallway, "that I will share with you... and there are some things I know which I cannot."

He stopped, and turned toward the blue-skinned Jedi. Ryla halted in kind, and their eyes met. A brief but eerie silence seemed to surround them as they looked at each other.

"I must ask you to trust me...," he concluded, his tone grave yet not without kindness.

"... as a fellow Jedi, and as a friend."

AmazonBabe
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:19:48 PM
:: AB walked silently before them, stepping into the lift that would lead them upward to the Council Chamber. She said nothing on the trip up, mentally going through everything she had heard and trying to desipher it. ::

:: She was so engrossed in her thoughts, that she didn't notice when the lift's doors swooshed open. If it hadn't been for Figrin and his poking finger to her shoulder, she would have missed her stop. ::

:: With a sheepish smile, she thanked Figrin and moved into the Council room to take her seat. ::

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:26:15 AM
Dasquian followed suit with AB and sat himself down. He knew of the ties which Xazor possessed to outside factions, for the Garou herself had told him of them, but he had never known if others had the same knowledge. It appeared that Figrin, for one, had some notion of what was going on.

“Well?”

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 16th, 2003, 01:30:22 PM
I stared up at Figrin and gave him a silent nod before following Rie and Dasquian into the council chambers. It appeared we were the only ones in here at the moment, and as I walked slowly to my seat, I wondered if we might call other council members. It seemed, however, that time was of the essence, and I sat in my chair without speaking, awaiting Figrin's response to the question that was on everyone's mind.

Why.

Figrin D'an
Aug 17th, 2003, 10:27:23 PM
As the three other Council members sat, Figrin moved to his chair and tapped the small computer console built into the arm. Rather than summon the rest of the council, he access the GJO security grid.

"Recognize Figrin D'an, Jedi Master. Disable security recording system for Council's chambers and lock down communications to and from this room."

The computer worked for a moment, then chimed a response.

"Security protocol for Council's chambers disabled. Communications system disable. There will be no record of events until system is reenabled."

Dasquian, AB and Ryla all looked at him in quiet confusion.

"I'm sorry for the drastic measures, but my reasons for them will become clear shortly," he said, without looking at any of them.

Rather than sit in chair properly, he chose to sit on, or rather lean on, one of the arms, allowing him to be slightly elevated as he talked to the others. Sitting in his chair would prove useless anyway... he was far too tense, and would end up pacing eventually anyway. It was one of those psychological compromises he made somewhat subconsciously.

He thought for a moment, wondering how he should begin. Instinct seemed to take over... his diplomatic instinct... and began to dominate his thoughts. One of the first rules of diplomacy was to always try to get information before you gave any out yourself. It could help one decide just what one should offer in return. With that in mind...

"How much do any of you know of Xazor's recent activities... as part of GJO, or outside of our purview?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2003, 04:14:12 AM
Dasquian was the first to reply.

“I am aware of the majority of goings on, Master D’an, due to my former ties with Xazor. Although I cannot say I know everything, only what I have been told…”

AmazonBabe
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:03:44 PM
:: AB shrugged, indicating her limited knowledge. ::

I know nothing of her activities outside of the GJO, exceptfor things that I hear on passing, which isn't much.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 20th, 2003, 06:56:55 PM
I nodded to Rie before echoing her statements.

"I know very little as well."

Figrin D'an
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:59:08 AM
The Jedi rubbed his beard. Perhaps Dasquian knows something of this..., he thought, ...but perhaps not. He would still have choose his words tactfully.

"Well...," he began somewhat weakly, "you are all aware of Xazor's tendancy to leap before thinking, and of her knack for pushing some parts of the Code to their very limits. I'm sure, that in some instances that were likely never documented... she managed to break a Council mandate or two. Part of that was her own personality conflicting with Jedi doctrine."

He sighed, looking down and slowly shaking his head.

"The other part of it was learned. Let's face it... her master wasn't a very good influence on her in all too many respects. Marcus found plenty of ways to bend and break the rules, so she learned from the best in that regard. She admires him so much that she is willing to follow in his footsteps. What Marcus would think of that... who is to say. Marcus always had a plan, though... he understood what he was doing and fully accepted the risks. Xazor... I fear she is walking a path that she doesn't fully understand."

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 21st, 2003, 02:00:23 PM
Xazor had always been headstrong, and rose through the ranks quickly and by sheer determination. An incident like this was something that nobody wanted to happen, and once again I questioned many things about our promotion process.

"Well, whether or not she understands it, the fact remains that she is walking it."

Something clicked in my brain, a rememberance of some information I had come upon, but I put it aside for the moment and continued.

"It doesn't make sense that Marcus would plan for her to go this way. Could there be some other factor at work?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:24:08 PM
"The dark side, obviously"

Anbira entered the chambers, approaching his seat in his gravest of countenances.

"Long have I watched Xazor, and her failing resistance to her dark ways. Long have I awaited this day with due concern."

Seating himself, Anbira steppled his fingers together, deep in thought.

"This is but the beginning of her end."

Figrin D'an
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:03:49 PM
Anbira's comments were curt, but not without merit. Xazor, like others of her usual company, often skirted the edges of the Dark Side. The Council had been, until now, either tolerant or oblivious to the various activities of certain individuals. That was now likely to change...

"Xazor has always been a sort of loose cannon," Figrin continued, bridging from Anbira's assessment, "and I don't deny that I have feared she may slip into the Dark Side's grasp. I don't believe she is walking that path directly, though. She's doing something that she feels is right, and she believes that she can accomplish what she must. Her intentions are well-placed... it's her actions that will be her downfall. She either is blind to this, or is presumptuous enough to believe she can avoid being touched by the dark powers."

Figrin sighed. His own words echoed in his mind. They could easily apply to others he knew, besides Xazor. No matter what Marcus had told him, he still saw grave danger for anyone that followed the path of the Lost Twenty.

"Too many are leaving, believing that they can defeat evil with their own brash sense of bravery. They only leave themselves open to the temptations of the very evil they seek to destroy."

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:13:03 PM
"All who have sought their own way from the Jedi Order have fallen into darkness. Even those who once struck out to find their path in a new congregation of Jedi. Has the falling of Nupraptor taught us nothing here, or am I once again an old man, whose ravings are but a dusty history lesson?"

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:22:29 PM
"United we stand..." It all seemed clear now. The safest way to walk a dangerous path was to have people beside you to catch you, should you fall. I sighed, frustrated that Anbira's suspicions were now coming to fruition.

"Xazor must walk her own path. It is clear that we cannot do anything to make her change. She has abandoned those that she cares about, and if they could not change her, what chance do we have?

"All we can do is decide if we will help her if, and when, she comes back asking for assistance. Most importantly, how can we prevent this from happening again?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 25th, 2003, 12:36:17 PM
The question was puncuated Morgan's entrance. He easy parted the room's heavy doors, and closed them behind delicately.

"Please excuse me. Getting members of the Senate to be civil is much akin to herding cats."

Morgan took his seat across from Ryla. "The note I recieved was cryptic at best." The room felt very small, and almost cold. "I don't suppose its good news."

AmazonBabe
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:07:19 PM
:: AB shook her head at Morgan's comment. ::

Xazor has decided to leave the Order. The parts of the whole are breaking off, thinking they can conquer evil by themselves, when in reality they leave themselves open to attack by that very darkness which they hope to purge from this galaxy.

:: She settled into her seat, steepling her fingers. ::

I can't imagine she doesn't care about the Order... but at the same time I question her reasons for leaving. I fear that she will fall prey to the dark path.

:: She looked to Ryla. ::

It would not be of our nature to turn our backs on someone who asked aid of us. But at the same time, we should be cautious. We have as of yet to know which path she will choose... or which path will ultimately consume her.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2003, 05:04:00 AM
“She is tenacious and will walk the path she believes is right, regardless of others. Her past actions alone prove this.”

Dasquian leant an album against the arm of his chair and propped his chin in his upturned palm.

“This is beyond us.”

Morgan Evanar
Aug 26th, 2003, 01:50:36 PM
Morgan nodded gravely as Dasquian spoke.

"Indeed it is." he drummed his fingers a few times agains the table, and then scooted his chair forward.

"I don't think the close proximity of Xazor's and Helenias' departures is purely coincidential. Something greater is afoot."

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:27:10 PM
"Yes, I sense that as well."

I had no idea how much influence Helenias had over her adopted daughter. Even though they were not related by blood, they certainly shared the same firey nature and headstrong attitude, only that Helenias had much more experience to guide her actions by. Xazor, on the other hand, was fairly unproven outside of the Jedi, which would inevitably lead to her own downfall, should she stray from the path.

"But tell us, Master Evanar... Do you have any other information about this situation? We were just discussing it before you arrived."

Morgan Evanar
Aug 26th, 2003, 04:04:20 PM
He hesitated, trying to figure his feelings.

"I probably know less than anyone here. I never saw eye to eye with Xazor or Helenais." Morgan sighed. Both of them seemed to conjure trouble.

"All I have is my gut telling me there is something deeper."

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 1st, 2003, 01:29:37 AM
"The time for speculation is over."

Anbira looked to each of his fellow Council members.

"What is done is now done, and we cannot undo it by conjecture here. I suggest that Xazor be followed, and her actions monitored. Discreet, yes, but we cannot look away in trust and expect her deeds to be held in proper esteem. If this is indeed as I have forseen, a seed of the dark side, we must not allow it to take root."

Figrin D'an
Sep 1st, 2003, 06:05:19 PM
Figrin had been silent for some time, listening to the others debate potential action. There was little that could be done, other than to protect the rest of the Order.

"As much as I would like to help her, and be willing to help those that stumble from the path... we must be careful to guard against this growing dissention and the influence of the Dark Side. We must protect the Order as our first duty, or we risk everything we have built over the years falling apart before our eyes."

He looked to Anbira.

"Xazor should be followed, I agree. This will not be an easy task, though. Do you have something in mind?"

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 1st, 2003, 09:18:22 PM
As usual, Anbira was correct. Thinking of an idea, I replied to Figrin's question in earnest, smoothing out a fold of my robe and shifting in my seat.

"Well, perhaps we should contact some of her friends and acquaintances that remain with the order."

I turned back to Anbira.

"This would help both to monitor her as well as to counteract any potential dark that may spread. Most likely, it is her friends who will be the most affected by her departure."

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 1st, 2003, 10:40:27 PM
"It would be prudent, but risky."

Anbira nodded.

"Her closest companions would offer the best information, but could it be possible that they have in turn become corrupted with whatever has driven Xazor from the Order? I sense no further duplicity from our fold, yet I cannot be sure that my feelings in this matter are clear."

Morgan Evanar
Sep 1st, 2003, 11:01:25 PM
"There is a greater risk in her friends not being invovled. If they tip her off, that we're interested, nothing really bad can come of it." Morgan half shrugged.

'As for following Xazor... how direct do you want to be?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 1st, 2003, 11:41:23 PM
"Discrete" Anbira warned.

"We must realize, she has committed no greater transgression than to leave our Order. Pursuing this situation aggressively could be a catalyst for the worst."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 2nd, 2003, 02:47:02 AM
Dasquian sat forward slightly.

“I imagine I will be seeing Xazor regardless of whether or not it is to monitor her… her daughter is with me, and she will no doubt want to see her.”

AmazonBabe
Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:35:03 PM
:: AB thought for a moment on what Dasquian had just said. ::

Tell me, Master Belargic, does Xazor take the child with her when it is her time to visit? Or does she merely remaind here and visit with the child in one of the visiting lounges?

:: She was going somewhere with this, and while she hated the idea, it would probably be the best way of tracking Xazor without tipping anyone off. ::

Figrin D'an
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:16:22 PM
"For another matter," Figrin interjected, "is it even prudent to allow her to take the child from the premises? Can we be sure that the child would not be in danger?"

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:42:32 PM
"I see where you are going with this, Rie, but that child must not be put in the middle of this situation. It is not our place to take advantage of a mother's love. As Anbira has said, her leaving does not merit a full inquiry into her skills as a parent. There are many, many more dangerous places to raise a child than with a former Jedi."

I turned to Dasquian, sensing only the slightest tinge of discomfort in the discussion about his child. Apart from that, I could sense nothing else.

"It is up to you to see that your daughter is safe. That has not changed."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:12:42 AM
“She has not yet taken Valanya away with her although I imagine a time will come when she wishes to see her for more than a short period of time.”

Dasquian looked between the others.

“I was trying to suggest that I could ask about her life while she was here… she has always been frank and honest with me.”

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:23:49 PM
"That is possible"

Anbira conceded, nodding.

"Yet, I cannot allow an innocent child to become a pawn in this. You must use your discretion in this matter, Dasquian."

AmazonBabe
Sep 4th, 2003, 06:26:17 PM
:: AB sat back, having nothing to say at the moment. She hadn't liked the idea that had formed in her head, and was grateful it had been shot down. Still, she had felt she needed to share the idea with the Council. ::

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 6th, 2003, 04:28:42 AM
Dasquian frowned slightly.

“Are you implying that I should deny her access to her daughter?”