PDA

View Full Version : Distracted...(Dasquian) Complete

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:59:08 PM
How long had it been? Nearly eighteen hours ago that her mother, Jescenia had arrived and had been removed from the Jedi recruitment center. But, the last words of her mother haunted her still.

You haven't seen the last of me!. I promise you that!

It had been a trying day since then and even worse now, she longed for Master Sage Hazzard's presence, but he was gone. Away on a mission with one of his other Padawans, J'ktal.

His quarters at which she lived, seemed to echo endlessly. She needed to talk to a Master and only one other came to mind.

Jedi Knight Dasquian Belargic, whom she finally comm-ed and asked for him to meet her in the main garden on her level.

Quay'Na sighed as she entered the garden. The cool night air seemed to ease her senses slightly. A hawk had already taken a perch on her shoulder. She walked over to one of the benches and sat down waiting.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 13th, 2003, 05:26:37 AM
Dasquian quietly made his way down the stairs into the garden. He smiled, though it was a faint smile. Ever since Quay’s mother had visited he had felt a little worried about her. She seemed shaken by the encounter

“Good evening,” he spoke up, and nodded in greeting.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 13th, 2003, 05:32:07 AM
Quay'na stood and bowed, though couldn't find it in her heart to smile. "Good evening, Sir. I'm sorry to disturb you at such a late hour, but I needed to talk to a Master and as you know mine is away."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 13th, 2003, 05:34:31 AM
“It’s quite alright,” he smiled reassuringly.

“Now, what it is that you wish to speak to me about?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 13th, 2003, 03:51:56 PM
"I am deeply concerned with my mother being in town." She told him. "I feel very uneasy about it, like she's planning something. Though, I can't quite put my finger on it." She sighed deeply, shook her head and then looked at him. "Am I over-reacting to this? I mean, I feel like I am, but I just have a real bad feeling about it. Her threats are not something I take very lightly, I know her too well for that."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2003, 02:47:48 AM
“The two of you don’t have a good relationship I take it? If you don’t mind my asking… why is that?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:10:53 AM
"Because, I'm training to become a Jedi and not a Rakai family fighter pilot. It was what I was 'raised' to be by her point of view." She looked at a flower nearby and rolled its stem between her finger, careful not to break it.

"She didn't want to understand my feelings on anything if it didn't have something to do with flying. My symbiance with nature really put her over the edge...I think she hated me for that. I think, she still does."

Quay'Na sighed deeply as she let go of the stem.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2003, 05:28:30 AM
“I see,”

Dasquian understood all too well how it was to be a family outcast.

“Do you think that one day she will see you for what you have become? What good you are doing?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:47:53 PM
Quay'Na shook her head, "I don't think so, Master Belargic. The only thing that would make her happy would be for me to leave the Jedi Temple and join the Naval academy." She sighed deeply and looked at him. "I was even considering it at one point today. But, I can't. That is not who I am at all."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:00:34 AM
“No, you must stay true to what you are,” Dasquian gave a firm nod.

“I suppose you can’t please everyone…”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:11:34 AM
"I'd like too, just for once." She added solemnly. "There will be no pleasing her though, which brings me back to my main point. I feel very nervous about her being here. I've never seen her like what she was in the recruitment center with me. It was more like she was pulling a threat on a stranger, not me."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2003, 07:31:41 AM
“Perhaps it would be best if you made sure you didn’t travel alone for the duration of her time here.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:09:04 AM
"I suppose you're right, that wouldn't be a bad idea. If I don't hear from her in a few days, I'll take it as that she's finally left. I don't want to walk in fear of her...ugh...listen to me!! I'm losing it!" Quay'Na sighed heavily and slumped onto the bench. "I can't believe that after all these years, she can still get to me."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:37:34 PM
Dasquian sat by Quay and gave her a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.

“She is your mother. Of course she gets to you. We all feel for our blood, no matter how they treat us.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:11:13 PM
Quay'Na looked down at her hands sadly. "All I ever wanted was to be accepted by her, you see that's just it...I'm adopted, I'm not even her blood basically."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:08:34 AM
“… Have you ever met your real parents?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:35:41 AM
Quay'Na shook her head. "No, she forbid me even trying to find them. Now, I just never think about looking, probably a lost cause."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:41:15 AM
“I wouldn’t say that. There’s always hope. If they are living anywhere within the Republic, there is a high chance we could find them.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:44:53 AM
This sparked her attention, but only momentarily. "But, I don't know their names. She would never tell me."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:46:14 AM
“Did you ever live with them, or have you grown up entirely with your… mother?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 16th, 2003, 02:52:31 AM
She sighed heavily and looked downward. "I've been with...her since I was three months old. By her story, they abandoned me shortly after was born in an apartment. From there I went some foster care home. But, again she wouldn't tell me where or who they were either...."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2003, 03:08:45 AM
“That is unfortunate… perhaps with a little digging we could find something out, but it is your choice, and of course there is no… certainty that we would be able to find anything.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 16th, 2003, 03:30:53 AM
"Now, that would be something, wouldn't it?" Burn her mother's britches perhaps...

The thought now, just had never occured to her...finding her 'real' parents?

"My dad might know some information on all this, but I haven't talked to him in a long time. But, if she's here, he's at home...." She was more thinking out loud at the moment than actually talking to anyone.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2003, 03:47:58 AM
“Do you have a frequency to said a comm to him so that you could get in touch?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 17th, 2003, 05:44:19 AM
Quay'Na nodded. "It's in a file on my computer in my room. I haven't talked to him for a long time." She laughed slightly for the first time. "I don't have holo-projector in my own room, Sage likes to keep an eye on my incoming calls...since my last call from Jescenia ended up rathar badly."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:55:51 AM
“Ah, I see. Well you’re free to use mind should you ever need to.”

The offer was small, but it was better than nothing. Being an adopted child himself, Dasquian hoped that Quay would one day find her mother, as he understand her feelings all too well, never having met his own.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:29:07 PM
"Thank you, Master Belargic." She had begun to feel better now, he seemed to know just what to say at just the right time, it was strange, but her own Master was the same. She hoped one day, she could return the favor.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2003, 04:50:29 AM
“A pleasure.”

He smiled lightly.

“I hope you’re feeling better now. Wouldn’t want you in ill spirits.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:19:47 AM
"Well, when it comes to Jescenia Rakai she has it down pat. But, nonetheless, I have better things to think about now. Thanks to you."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:19:30 AM
“Then, if you’ll excuse me, I must be leaving. I have duties to tend to.”

Dasquian rose to his feet, gathering his robes. He bowed his head.

“The Force keep you well, Quay’na.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:25:41 AM
Quay'Na rose with him. "And my the Force be with you as well, Master Dasquian. Good evening." She bowed in return and watched him go. Yeah, things were definitely looking better, she had no doubt in her mind.