PDA

View Full Version : Xazor requested to be banned from OOC

Charley
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:20:45 AM
Whether in martyrdom jest or not, I don't know. She is pretty high into drama, so I don't know whether to just ignore her ranting, or actually humor her request.

Taylor Millard
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:24:12 AM
Did she give a reason? I only skimmed the thread not read it entirely.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:41:46 PM
ignore it. She swore in her post and just things shouldnt be taken seriously .. and .. I did see where you were coming from charley. She has posted the I am not going to be here threads for quite some time and has never really been on vacation. I know I can do that sometimes too much but I keep it all in one thread.

Taylor Millard
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:49:34 PM
Why not? If she requested it, then let's do it. We did it with Gue let's do it with Xazor.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:52:55 PM
Gue also didnt go off in his post with swearing and being all emotional.

ReaperFett
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:02:41 PM
Did she really deserve that treatment Charley? I mean no offense but the other day you did a thread telling everyone you would be away for a DAY, and how many threads have you done about illnesses?

Charley
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:16:12 PM
One, and pretty much got the same treatment for doing that, too.

imported_Eve
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:16:58 PM
Gawd I can't stand this crap (or Xazor for that matter). I don't think she asked to be banned. I think she was just ranting.

Section V.2 (I think) of the FAQ says departure threads shouldn't be a flamefest. Her post was all cool (only annoying), but then she made that comment about the "ooc bs and drama". That's pushing it, and why we revised that section of the FAQ.

I counted this morning: since May she has posted three threads alone in OOC of a similar nature, and I know there are more mid-thread comments in other forums with the, "I've had it, I'm LEAVING" crap. That's pretty frequent. And most of the time she mentions her inability to handle things here.

THEN... she personally insults Charley, and swears. Those things are definitely against the FAQ, and do warrant a thread closure, and a warning. I think circumstances don't call for a warning though.

I wouldn't ban her from OOC. Doing so, even at her request (and I don't read what she said that way) is being viscious in this matter.

May I also propose that goodbye/departure threads be limited to one thread per person, and that it be made that way in the FAQ. This is a personal request, because frankly, I just can't stand them. You could title the thread, "Sonja's (or your name) RP Status Time", or something. When it's bumped people know to check it. Otherwise, just PM people.

I get so tired of hearing about how people need time away, blah blah. If you need time, JUST GO. If you're bitter, and truly done, JUST GO. Why do you owe the internet geeks anything?

Xazor never leaves though. And that's why it's just spam, which is also againts the FAQ. That's three counts/strikes.

Charley: I back your initial comment in the thread, all-the-way. You were professional in this matter, and yet got across a point that I think was important for her to hear.

Charley
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:35:16 PM
I was half in jest on that, yeah. I know she didn't really ask to be banned, just sick of the martyr tactics I guess :)

ReaperFett
Aug 12th, 2003, 02:04:15 PM
May I also propose that goodbye/departure threads be limited to one thread per person, and that it be made that way in the FAQ. This is a personal request, because frankly, I just can't stand them. You could title the thread, "Sonja's (or your name) RP Status Time", or something. When it's bumped people know to check it. Otherwise, just PM people.
I think that's a bit unfair. The only leaving thread I have made since I went to Mexico (2001 IIRC) was the one going to DC. IIRC the thread got a fair few posts, and I was posting in the thread while there IIRC. Now, if next year I go away, do I have to make one post at the end of a large thread? The first post is a year ago, is anyone going to bother reading it? I know this is an extreme case, but you cant draw a line on how often is too often.

If something like this would to occur, I'd reccomend this. The following are fine:

- When someone will be away for a weekend or more
- "Acts of god", eg computer fried, parents have disallowed Net access.
- Admin threads (Not Mods, ADMINS. If an admin will be on less, it is more important)

While what aren't:

- Less than a weekend holidays
- "I'll be on less" threads

If something fits in both categories, then it is fine, can be posted. But what this does is removes the threads which are for nothing periods or where it doesn't make much of an impace, while allowing the theads to exist.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:56:05 PM
Hey SW mod, this is RP mod business! *ties Fett to a stake* >D

Xazor = hedache She's never on less, she just keeps saying it like it matters.

Don't ban her from OOC. If she was smart she'd just stop going there, i don't see why we should have to do something about it for her, when she just has to NOT do something.

imported_Eve
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:42:45 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=566035#post566035 Post 30.

I'm about ready to say something to her. She needs to let the f- up. I understand she's all dramatical, but it needs to end. Charley has been very polite to her.

EDIT: She just posted, so I told her to stop. If she doesn't, we need to do something. This is outta hand.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2003, 03:27:30 AM
Mark was talking to me about Xazor's recent altercations with Morgan and Charley earlier, and I refused to take sides. I said that Morgan has a tendency to be a shit head. And so does Charley. And so does Xazor. And so does Mark and so do I from time to time, and so it is my professional opinion that it is everyone's fault. :p

Anyway, I agree Eve, she needs to knock it off. She's making mountains out of molehills.

(my morgan comment refers to a Meras incident that I will not dignify by talking about ever again)

Charley
Aug 31st, 2003, 08:20:36 PM
She's at it again. Shall I close this latest attention whorehouse?

Taylor Millard
Aug 31st, 2003, 08:53:24 PM
Nah moving was the best solution.