PDA

View Full Version : Comptuer Problem

Chris Raynark
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:09:39 PM
My computer keeps having the attached prompt over-and-freaking-over for the past hour...

Anyone know how to fix 'er?

Morgan Evanar
Aug 11th, 2003, 04:25:12 PM
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2354406C-C5B6-44AC-9532-3DE40F69C074&displaylang=en

Its a nasty virus thingy, but this should fix it. Your RPC stack is getting overflowed.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:04:00 PM
(p.s. check the character thread, I think someone was already using Colin Farrell as a character pic. Not that I object to more than one of him, as he's super adorable.)

Chris Raynark
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:21:05 PM
Got it fixed, no errors as of yet. Thanks Morg

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
(p.s. check the character thread, I think someone was already using Colin Farrell as a character pic. Not that I object to more than one of him, as he's super adorable.)

I just noticed in my third scan of that thread ^_^; Hopefully I can still use the S.W.A.T Premire photos of him.

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:04:09 AM
You know, it's just wonderful when your connection is so slow that it can't even manage to download the patch before the error shows up again, or when you can't afford to try over and over because your net time is prepaid.

In other words, looks like I'm stuck with this virus thingy forever. :)

imported_Firebird1
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:41:31 PM
In that case, you might have to do a complete format on all of your hard drives. This is a Last Case Thingy FirstSee if you can get your computer somewhere that has a fast connection (I.E. Friend's House, repair shop) to download it.

imported_Taja Loraan
Aug 12th, 2003, 04:14:46 PM
Actually, I used this tool thingy from the Symantec site to first get rid of the virus from my computer (it's a tiny file, too), so then I could download the patch without the stoopid prompt thing getting in the way. Thanks though.

Wheee. :) (non sarcastic, to boot)

imported_Firebird1
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:35:02 AM
Good, I just found out about the tool this morning. I'm glad you didn't have to format!