PDA

View Full Version : Planets (who owns what and who doesn't, etc)

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 11th, 2003, 11:05:48 AM
I need all Groups to provide me with a list of planets they have an official (that means honest OOC ;)) claim to, because I'm looking for a planet to base a goup on and the last thing I need is a conflict over something that's been claimed. If I can't get the kind of world I'm looking for, I'll wind up having to create one somehow. Please help.

Here is a list that Vega made for me yesterday of possible places to set up camp. I haven't decided on anything officially yey, but this is what my options are at the moment.

Almas
this world was the fifth and outermost planet in the Cularin System. The Jedi Knights of the Old Republic discovered that the ancient Sith had established a fortress on the desert side of the planet, hoping to gather Dark Side energy from the Force-dense Cularin System. Analysis done in the years following the Battle of Naboo indicated that the fortress had been built 1,132 years prior, well before the Battle of Ruusan. One of Almas' moons also was known to be laden with unique crystals which the Jedi used in the creation of their lightsabers. The fortress on the planet had been established by Darth Rivan, who is generally credited with bringing the kaluthin grass to the planet. When Darth Rivan first arrived on Almas, the planet's atmosphere was filled with poisonous gases like phosphorus and methane, so he developed the kaluthin to help alter the atmosphere. The kaluthin was a success, given that all Almas' water was located underground, and continued to thrive after Darth Rivan was driven from the planet during the Sith Wars. Over the centuries, the kaluthin spread across the planet and created an atmosphere which was so high in oxygen it was almost toxic to humans. The grass also gave the planet a distinct aural glow, mainly from the phosphorus it consumed. This living growth was unusually countered by the Dark Side energy on the planet, which originated in the desert region and slowly spread. The Jedi of the Old Republic determined that the desert area would eventually consume the fertile kaluthin plains, utterly destroying the planet's surface.

Arkania
originally part of the ancient Sith Empire, Arkanian was a planet which had a great deal of Dark Side energy. For this reason, it was the world watched over by Jedi Master Arca Jeth during period leading up to the Great Sith War. It was a cool, tundra world known for its huge diamonds. Because of its location in the Colonies region, Arkania was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong during their invasion of the galaxy. It was used as a strategic base, allowing the Yuuzhan Vong access to the Hydian Way, the Perlemian Trade Route, and most of the Colonies. During the years leading up to the Clone Wars, a theraputic cloning center was established on the planet, to generate replacement organs for individuals suffering from life-threatening diseases. Much to the dismay of these individuals, the onset of the Clone Wars brought about a halt to any non-military cloning, under Senate decree E49D139.41.

Ch'hodos
this planet was part of the ancient Sith Empire. The planet - continually bathed in red light from its nearby sun - was the site of Shar Dakhan's fortress.

Kodai
this Outer Rim planet, covered with a vast ocean, was known as a nexus of Dark Side power, during the years surrounding the Battle of Naboo. The oceans of the planet followed an unusual, ten-year tide cycle which was caused by the two moons which orbited the planet. Every ten years, the tide receded so far as to leave much of the planet dry. Water from the oceans filled deep chasms and cracks in the honeycombed ocean floor, where it came into contact with the hot core of the planet. In a violent rush, much of the water was shot outward in steaming geysers, marking the end of the low-tide period. Once in a while, the return of the waters is strong enough to cause a massive tidal wave. One such wave occurred about 100 years prior to the Battle of Naboo, nearly wiping out the native Kodaian race. Most Kodaians fled the planet, rather than wait for another tidal wave to occur. Hidden deep below the ocean's surface was believed to be a Sith Holocron, which focused the Dark Side energies of the planet. The Holocron was sought after by the Jedi Knights as well as the Quermian professor, Murk Lundi, and was eventually recovered by Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, some six years before the Clone Wars.

Krayiss Two
this planet was the site of a Sith gathering, a thousand years after the fall of the Sith Empire. Jev Sunrider and three other Jedi Masters were dispatched to investigate, and never returned. Krayiss Two had two moons.

Malrev
this planet, the fourth in the Malrev System, was the site where the Starfaring was lost after a bug in its navigational software transposed the coordinates it was using. A temperate world covered with dense forest, it was the homeworld of the Irrukiine race. It was also the location of a temple which was built on a nexus of Dark Side energy, a temple which was to be used as an outpost by Emperor Palpatine before he was killed at Endor. The temple later served as the base of power for the mad Devaronian Cartariun, who had been serving as a technician at the site. Cartariun used the Sith magics to control the native Irrukiine and make them fight using the powers of the Dark Side.

iost
this cold, icy world is dominated by rocky mountains and fierce storms. Much of the planet's crust is imbedded with ice. In ancient times, this planet was part of the Sith Empire, and was used as a base by Ludo Kressh and his faction. Luke Skywalker was able to track the Massassi night beast to this planet, after it was freed from its temple on Yavin 4. It was later discovered that Darth Vader trained the Dark Jedi Lumiya here.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 11th, 2003, 11:36:30 AM
Ch'hodos
this planet was part of the ancient Sith Empire. The planet - continually bathed in red light from its nearby sun - was the site of Shar Dakhan's fortress.

I'm leaning very strongly towards this world right now, but still undecided.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:23:57 PM
I like that idea too...red light sounds really awesome to RP with. :D:thumbup

Any idea on what sort of beings live there, or is it uninhabited? Or is that all the info you have on it?

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:36:34 PM
That's all I have to go on at the moment.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 11th, 2003, 02:54:46 PM
I had a look for more but there doesn't seem to be much around. I think all its fame comes from being part of the Sith Empire.

William Belargic
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:28:35 PM
There's a list somewhere for TSO. I'll have to look for it.

(There was a thread posted like this a WAYS back... the list was in there. If anyone find the thread first, be sure to post a link to it in here.)

Park Kraken
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:25:07 PM
You have at least five members correct? I heard somewhere that you had to at least have five members to start a new group.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:33:32 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Kraken
You have at least five members correct? I heard somewhere that you had to at least have five members to start a new group.

I don't believe you do. Even if so, Kitty has her numbers.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:44:24 PM
Yes, the minimum is 5, and I have (with 99% certainty) the numbers I need to be legit.

Park Kraken
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:01:18 AM
Now, is the 5 member rule for official groups like TSO, Imperial Federacy, etc, or does it apply to unofficial groups like the one I was trying to create with H.E.F.?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:14:48 AM
A group such as the Hapans, who rule over sixty eight worlds would have to be considered a major force, and therefore you would have to have an official group of five distinct members. IIRC, I may be wrong let me double check.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:48:23 AM
I have the members but they wonst stay active:(

but the Chiss only have 26 Phalanx worlds so mabey Im ok :rollin

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:08:56 AM
:: steers topic back to it's intent ::

I still need ALL groups (active or otherwise) to come forward with a list of what you own.

The discussion among my people about where to set up camp has become narrowed down to two worlds.

Ch'hodos

Malrev
this planet, the fourth in the Malrev System, was the site where the Starfaring was lost after a bug in its navigational software transposed the coordinates it was using. A temperate world covered with dense forest, it was the homeworld of the Irrukiine race. It was also the location of a temple which was built on a nexus of Dark Side energy, a temple which was to be used as an outpost by Emperor Palpatine before he was killed at Endor. The temple later served as the base of power for the mad Devaronian Cartariun, who had been serving as a technician at the site. Cartariun used the Sith magics to control the native Irrukiine and make them fight using the powers of the Dark Side.

Ryan Pode
Aug 12th, 2003, 10:30:24 AM
The Imperial Remnant owns: Kamaar, Brita-Kajarro, Muunilist and is attempting to recover Sorini, Gavigian, Residia, and Yuuniti.

Lady Vader
Aug 12th, 2003, 12:51:35 PM
I honestly don't remember. Aside from knowing we have all of the Corellian system, there are quite a few other planets.

I'll have to ask the others of the group if they remember.

Gav might remember...

(Hollie... I thihk it was you that started a planet thread awhile back (maybe a year ago?). Anyways, if ppl don't respond to this thread, that thread would help as it had the lists in them already)

Charley
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:14:18 PM
The Cizerack Pride has stayed static since its inception, and has all the planets that it originally had.

Alexi Hesith
Aug 12th, 2003, 02:52:15 PM
We're not official but the Senate/New Republic owns these:

Anobis
Anoth
Arcan IV (NRSF) *
Bonadan
Bothawui *
Calan (NR/Cizerack Pride) IN CONTENTION
Chandrila *
Chiss
Chorax
Clak'dor VII
Dagobah (GJO)
Dynasine *
Fornax
Gall *
Gand
Helska
Osarian
Ota
Kile II
Kuat *
Mon Calamari*
Nehantish *
Pakrik Major
Pantolomine*
Pil Diller *
Reecee
Roon *
Rudrig *
Sernpidal
Taloraan *
Vortex *
Yavin system (GJO)
Yavin (GJO)
Yavin 4 (GJO)
Yavin 8 (GJO)
Yavin 13 (GJO)

You might want avoid them simply because of the IC problems it might cause if you started doing things to them.

*looks back at thread*

But as you don't mention them it doesn't really matter I suppose.

Park Kraken
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:08:25 PM
The Hapan Empire is about to be conquered by the Balmorran Empire, with H.E.F. getting it's butt kicked, and with, like one or two Battlecruisers surviving the attack, and colonizing 1 world to carry on the traditions of the Hapans. 1 world would be considered unofficial, I think.

Park Kraken
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:09:29 PM
So, in other words, H.E.F. may soon own Corulag, the world we are seeking to colonize.

Ryan Pode
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:22:41 PM
I believe the NR also has Couruscant.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:51:02 PM
Ryan that goes without saying.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 12th, 2003, 04:09:55 PM
Uh...the Garou own Eden. :D Of course, there are more than five of us from there. :) You wouldn't want it anyway, Kitty. :lol

imported_Marcus
Aug 12th, 2003, 05:40:55 PM
The Ex TSE home planet (the original one) now named Trilith is the only one the Lost lay any type of claim over.

Ryan Pode
Aug 12th, 2003, 06:00:22 PM
Ryan that goes without saying.

It wasn't on the NR list so I was just clarifying that.

Iden Hyde
Aug 12th, 2003, 06:09:35 PM
Yag'Dhul is mine

Nevlonniel
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:05:10 PM
Remembered another one that TSO has: Korriban

So we have the whole Corellian sector (Corellia, talus and Tralus, Drall, and whatever the other ones are), Korriban, ... (and I'm asking those of TS to help me remember the others).

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:07:42 PM
if im not mistaken, selonia is in the corellian sector

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:10:12 PM
That's right. I don't think TSO has Selonia though. As Admiral Roebuck I started a campaign to take the rest of the Corellian Sector, however it never finished. Talus and Tralus were taken in that campaign though. Not sure about any others.

imported_Eve
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:45:58 PM
Xazor, you need to stop, right now. Take your personal issues up with Charley, privately. This is not the place. I don't want to hear another remark about it in this thread from anyone.

Please carry on with the subject's discussion.

Figrin D'an
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:48:46 PM
Can we cut the sniping comments and stay on topic please?

Didn't we have a map at one time that had a pretty good territorial breakdown of whom controlled what? That could be helpful in this process.

Charley
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:51:22 PM
Morgan made something quite a while back, but I'm not sure if it was modified to reflect the RP universe. Other than that, I don't think so.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:53:45 PM
Correct. The territorial breakdown made so little sense I gave up.

DarthHERA
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:58:27 PM
Sorsha..maybe just tackle this reverse.. Name the planets you are considering (which I think you have done), and see if they are claimed.

Unless you want other groups proximity planets as part of your assessment. ? Which might be a good idea too :)

Figrin D'an
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:03:43 PM
'k... I remember Morg starting something like that, but I couldn't remember how far it actually got.

Oh well. :)

Ryan Pode
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:07:00 PM
I have a map (made by Telan) that has 3 of the Imperial Factions on it. As well as many other planets.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2003, 01:18:15 AM
Sorsha..maybe just tackle this reverse.. Name the planets you are considering (which I think you have done), and see if they are claimed.

She did name the planets she was considering and no one has shown up to say "Oh I own that one."

So I think it's safe to say that they're probably not taken.

TSO also at one time controlled Nal Hutta and Nar Shadda, but as to whether they still do or not, I have no idea.

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 13th, 2003, 05:15:24 AM
Ah, I think it was one of Peter's characters who had control of them or something - as to how legitimate that was I can only assume - there weren't five members to to the character's group so owning more than one planet isn't in adherance to the rules.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:08:33 PM
Nar Shadda is Nal Hutta's moon, does that count? :p I'd prefer they belonged to the Hutts, personally, but ah well.

Wakko
Aug 13th, 2003, 06:31:12 PM
That's right. I don't think TSO has Selonia though. As Admiral Roebuck I started a campaign to take the rest of the Corellian Sector, however it never finished. Talus and Tralus were taken in that campaign though. Not sure about any others.

It was? O_o

Goes to show how much I pay attention to planetary RP things. Too boring. |I

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 13th, 2003, 06:31:36 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Nar Shadda is Nal Hutta's moon, does that count? :p I'd prefer they belonged to the Hutts, personally, but ah well.

Ditto - my point was that at the time, it was just Kal Jericho and his NPC group who owned those planets and then gave them to TSO. Therefore perhaps, the transaction is void given that they were owned by an unofficial group. Plus it would be nice to have the Hutts own those planets. :)

Wakko
Aug 13th, 2003, 06:34:48 PM
Oh, now all of a sudden the transaction is void. Cheap.

Well, I suppose for RP sakes, and also for the Hutts, we can let them have the original Hutt planets.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2003, 07:16:36 PM
Therefore perhaps, the transaction is void given that they were owned by an unofficial group.

Emphasis added. I see no reason to void the transaction unless all parties involved agree on it. *shrug*

Goes to show how much I pay attention to planetary RP things. Too boring.

Then no complaining then, ok?

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Aug 14th, 2003, 02:18:00 AM
As far as my little Chiss group goes we have Csilla but will protect any planet in chiss space. List to fallow.

Kharin Sector
Khar
Ula

Csilla Sector
Csilla
Freyr
Vithia
Amarthon

Aurorian Sector
Auroria
Momus
Aesir
Donar

Elysian Sector
Elysia
Naraka
Helios

Nirauan Sector
Nirauan
Devaki
Ceruleia

Ignian Sector
Ignias
Ignias minor
Greater Piyora

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 14th, 2003, 03:15:08 PM
Irrelevant comments have been placed into the "official vs. non-official groups" thread.

AmazonBabe
Aug 14th, 2003, 06:01:11 PM
Remembered another one: Dathomir

(Must find other thread. It would help rather than me posting names as they come to me :x)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:15:35 PM
Rie, how about you edit all your planets into one post to make things easier on Sorsha?

Kitty McQuade
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:19:32 PM
I think I have enough of an idea now of what's what. Thanks everyone for the info.

imported_Firebird1
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:57:09 PM
Originally posted by Marcus
The Ex TSE home planet (the original one) now named Trilith is the only one the Lost lay any type of claim over.

I thought we blew that on up when we left our first HQ.

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:01:16 AM
And, IIRC, the New Republic owns roughly 95% of what was once owned by the Empire. We have no presence in the Unknown Systems (which includes the Chiss).

Telan Desaria
Aug 18th, 2003, 05:11:31 PM
Imperial Planets - Currently -

Imperial Federacy
Delteon
Omerose
Wor Tandell

Imperial Sovereignty

Corellia - Military Protectorate and Construction Centre

Asmeru
Belsavis
Bespin