PDA

View Full Version : Trying Something... (comments/advice welcome)

Sage Hazzard
Aug 11th, 2003, 12:44:47 AM
One of the reasons I stopped makings sigs for both myself and others was because I was starting to become an assembly line. Everything I made looked the same and the result was a bunch of carbon copied characters.

Now, I'd like to get more into what each character signifies, as far as how I make a sig. But right now I'm not wise enough to know how to pull that off.

However, I'm trying to make original sigs. If I get some thumbs up I might start making sigs for people again. But I want to be sure I can make more original sigs from here on out. Here's my first attempt. Since I know posting several threads is silly, I'll post some of my near future sigs in this same thread.

http://www.boomspeed.com/sagehazzard/syriussig9.gif

Click here (http://www.boomspeed.com/sagehazzard/syriussig9.gif) if you're getting a big red X.

EDIT: If you find a mishap in the sig, ignore it, I'm fixing it now. Got my names mixed up, lol.

Taylor Millard
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:11:43 AM
Interesting sig Sage...I like it :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:39:34 AM
That's really cool looking Sage. Two thumbs fresh.

Crystal
Aug 11th, 2003, 05:58:19 AM
:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Very nice :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2003, 08:10:21 PM
I like it! Very different. :)

Zasz Grimm
Aug 11th, 2003, 08:48:37 PM
:thumbup

Very cool sig dude! Plus, you chose an awesome Marsters picture. Keep up the good work!

:)

Time
Aug 11th, 2003, 09:31:12 PM
I figure this is the right place to ask this.

I am a newb at this sig buisness, but what do i put in the signature bar to make the picture appear as my sig.

lol. this is all i ask

thanks

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 11th, 2003, 09:54:01 PM
I like the idea, but the text sorta overwhelmes the image. If you shortened the text, made it a touch more readable, it could look really spanking. I do like the menu bar, I think that's shweet. :)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 11th, 2003, 11:05:16 PM
I don't really like it, but at least you're trying something different.

Sage Hazzard
Aug 14th, 2003, 11:38:38 PM
Thanks everyone.

Ryla: I didn't even really want the text "readable". Though if someone wants to read that, that's fine. I wanted people to look at it and think "hey, that sort of looks like a browser window" but kind of what it would look like in the Star Wars universe. I might fix up the text if I decide to put something decent in place of the current text. Right now it's just a blah bio.

Time: You have to use HTML. After you get the image uploaded to a server (not from an image attatchment in a thread but on a server you find, free or otherwise) you reference it in an image tag. For the following code, replace all "8" with "<"

8center>8img src="URL TO IMAGE">8/center>

Morgan Evanar
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:24:38 AM
Edit: nevermind, its still parsing stuff through code tags. Lame.