PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 10th, 2003, 07:14:20 PM
To those who are tired! I am EXHAUSTED! The summer is over, laziness now takes a backseat to productivity, and I feel the sting of procrastination numbing my very brain. Truly, I feel, that alll I can do is. . .yawn!

Not as though my schedule is to be outdone, the loft in my room--which holds the bed upon which I sleep--decided to give way on me last night. Two of the screws that hold one of the four total supports in place snapped and the side of my springs closest to the wall tipped. Luckily, they caught on the shelves below them--if not, they would have tipped me out of the bed, into the wall, down onto my my chairs, and then the bed would have fallen on me. So, I thank God that didn't happen! :) I'm going to install some bolts this time as well as some more supports.

Back to the topic. . .oh yeah. . .being tired. :D A wise High School teacher of mine by the name of Mr. K once said: "Starting at about 7th or 8th grade, when you begin to fight sleep and stay up later, you become constantly tired. It never stops." I feel this way quite a bit. I always welcome a good nap when time permitts, and I think there's a good deal of merrit to that statement. But, it's not to be taken too literally. :)

So this post serves as a profession of my lasstitude. Late nights and early mornings are my vice and they serve to stimulate my continual prostration. Can I get *yawn* concurrance from my brothers and sisters who figh the Sandman beside me? :D

Figrin D'an
Aug 10th, 2003, 07:22:19 PM
I could sell you my old college loft. I guarentee it won't break unless you hit repeatedly with a sledgehammer. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 10th, 2003, 07:25:00 PM
I don't fight sleep, only beacuse it leaves me alone a lot of the time.

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 10th, 2003, 08:09:57 PM
I have a plan to reinforce my loft, Mr. D'an. But I appreciate the offer. I should've resupported it sometime ago, but like all things productive, I put it off. :) I'm not a big fan of sleeping up in a loft, but it's a college student's best friend for saving space.

Phil
Aug 10th, 2003, 08:33:29 PM
Originally posted by Terran Starek
To those who are tired! I am EXHAUSTED! The summer is over, laziness now takes a backseat to productivity.

Not for me. My summer now lasts all year round.

Partay!

at least until i find a job

Dae Jinn
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:24:10 PM
*just worked an 8 hour shift with no breaks and no food today*

Don't get a job in fast food, Phil :x

Well, I stay up till at least 3 am every night, no matter what I have to do the next day. Your body will eventually get used to it.

Hopefully.;)

(glad to hear you didn't have your bed fall on you, Terran! I thought you had a futon though o_O)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:48:33 PM
I thought a loft was an apartment.........?

Figrin D'an
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:55:52 PM
Originally posted by Terran Starek
I'm not a big fan of sleeping up in a loft, but it's a college student's best friend for saving space.

The truth, most definately. My freshman year, my roommate and I shared a dorm room that was about 9 ft wide and 16 ft. deep. The only way to get our stuff in there was to have a loft for our beds.

Thankfully, that only last for one year...

Dae Jinn
Aug 11th, 2003, 12:04:56 AM
Daiq -- it's a like a one-person bunk bed :lol One bed up on supports with space underneath for storage, desk, etc.

Brielle Acaana
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:20:21 AM
I havent ever seen one :(

Seteth Morters
Aug 11th, 2003, 02:44:58 AM
Three hours of sleep, and work in half an hour. Gonna be a six hour shift in a fish and chip shop, with no one for company but my boss.

Welcome to the world of work :)

Alpha
Aug 11th, 2003, 09:57:04 AM
I wanna join that world...lol. With any luck, I'll have a job soon! :D