PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: The Esteemed Marcus Elessar

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 10th, 2003, 06:44:16 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31069

I was wondering if you remembered our lil thread. :) I know I was late for reply 2, but I wanted to get it done as quick as possible to get Terran's life back together before school starts.

Just a friendly reminder, sir. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 11th, 2003, 02:52:15 AM
Esteemed? Lad, what drugs are you on and where can I get some?

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 11th, 2003, 08:28:11 PM
Well, right now, it's the brainwashing serum of KSU Housing and Dining Services! :D Training sucks sooooooooo much. . .

imported_Marcus
Aug 12th, 2003, 06:41:44 PM
Riiigggghhhhttttt. weirdo chicken munker :p

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 12th, 2003, 06:49:11 PM
I kid you not, my friend. They feed us all the good brainfood of a cult--you know, "KSU is the best, we treat everyone perfect, we are the best university, we have the best benefits, you love KSU, no really, you LOVE K-State!" :LOL

You know, the usual! :)

imported_Marcus
Aug 12th, 2003, 06:54:59 PM
My god, almost as bad as Amway. I CAST THEE DEMONS FROM THEE!!

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:09:03 PM
I thought Wal-Mart was as bad as it got. When I loaded trucks at the Distribution Center, we had to watch two training videos. One was an hour and a half special about Sam Walton and his rise to power! The other was a video about the evils of Unions and how they "tore apart the American family!!" :lol

I consider myself an educated, self-aware mind, and those videos did little to inspire me to be a better worker or to stay a 'pure' worker. Instead, they made me laugh uncontrollably!! :D

imported_Marcus
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:15:32 PM
You ever been to a Amway convention? Believe me, it's much worse

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:16:49 PM
I haven't, actually. :p

What is Amway??

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:20:43 PM
Probably has something to do with farting, it always does. :mneh

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:11:43 AM
Amway has been replaced with something far more evil: Quixtar.

An organization of the cheapest, most annoying braiwashed people on earth. They talk to me about making tons of money, and then order the CHEAPEST business cards possible, ans still gripe about the price. So, where is this overflowing money? Not in their wallets, that for sure...

Camdyn Fields
Aug 14th, 2003, 12:36:33 AM
Amway is a Pyramid scheme. My Grandma Jean was in it :lol

imported_Marcus
Aug 14th, 2003, 01:08:14 AM
"Amway" is a vaguely legal pyramid scheme, correct that promises much and delivers nothing except for a very few. Admittedly, the soaps and detergents are actually rather good (Pricey, but very worth it, still aint seen anything that cleans as well, so I do buy direct) BUT the distributor scheme is barely legal and the granddaddy of Multi Level Marketing.

One thing I think you do need to seperate is the company (Amway, which as I said does have some good and worthwhile products) and the distributor networks. Quixtar, IDA, System2000 are distributor organisations where the only real money to be had is the sale of tapes and support materials to people lower down the chain.

An actual, fair dinkum Amway busiess can be built up, properly and legally without the cult tatics. I do know someone who actualyl is respectible and makes good money. He doesnt do the distributor system, which is where all of the bad name / MLM and bad stories come out from.

So I guess seperate Amway from the distributor model and you might have something worthwhile