PDA

View Full Version : Mandalorian Clans?

Charley
Aug 9th, 2003, 06:49:06 PM
I've been considering something for a while, and looking into possibly bringing the Mandalorian Clans into this RP. From what I've searched, I've seen nothing to indicate that either Mandalore was destroyed, or that the Mandalorians themselves were annihilated. Is this correct? I'm not a huge EU head, so I could be wrong there.

If I'm correct, would there be any interest in putting together a group of Mandalorians here? If you'd like to do so, let me know, or maybe throw some ideas out on the table.

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:04:13 PM
I think it's a good idea, especially having just played through Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The Mandalorians seem to be a very cool people in their history and traditions, and Boba Fett's armor, I believe, is a 'rare suit of Mandalorian armor.' That alone does not really state that the Mandalorian's were destroyed or something. It's just very old school. :)

I think it sounds good. The Mandalorians were/are a very tough, warrior-like people, so I think they'd fit in good around here! :D

Charley
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:12:43 PM
:cool

Awesome.

Ryan Pode
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:19:17 PM
I think Boba Fett was the last of the Mandalorians.

Charley
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:21:36 PM
Key words are "I think", unless you have something to support that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:26:15 PM
Boba Fett was not a Mandalorian. Have you even seen AotC?

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:28:34 PM
Yeah, I've been checking up on some facts, and I can't seem to find that information anywhere, though I am not entirely sure that I am correct. :) Here are a few good sources:

http://www.geocities.com/biggslist/swenc/fettboba.html

http://www.bobafettmp.com/bobafett/bio/essential/bobabio.html

http://www.tsr.org/StarWars/characters/bobafett/

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bobafett/index.html

None of these sites mention that he was the last of the Mandalorians. I think that would be a big enough fact that they wouldn't just leave it out. I could be wrong, however, but I doubt it. :D

Zasz Grimm
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:38:21 PM
Mandalorians are like Klingons (sp) about battle, honor, warfare, etc. etc. They're iron is one of the strongest in the galaxy. It can withstand blows from lightsabers, but would eventually chip.

I'm in if you do it. I've always been interested in Mandalorians.

Mandalore
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:39:23 PM
:cool oh it's on like Donkey Kong now!

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:41:26 PM
So it's on like a monkey throwing barrels at me while I try to hop them? :lol

Sorry to pull off-topic. . .I mean *clears throat* YEAH! Go Mandelorians! I'm in!! :)

Ryan Pode
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:42:25 PM
Boba Fett = Clone of Jango Fett.

Jango Fett was a Mandalorian and he taught Boba his ways to make him just as good. Therefore Boba was a Mandalorian.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:43:55 PM
i think i read something about the mandalorians in one of those tales of the sith comics, but im not too sure

correct me if im wrong

Ryan Pode
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:47:58 PM
That they were. Rounded up on some moon (The Sith War) and killed. Some escaped though.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:49:59 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
That they were. Rounded up on some moon (The Sith War) and killed. Some escaped though.

Some of that is covered in Knights of The Old Republic (I've yet to play it more than a few hours)

Talks about the Mandalorian wars, etc.

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:50:55 PM

Jango Fett was a Mandalorian and he taught Boba his ways to make him just as good. Therefore Boba was a Mandalorian.

100% Correct. However, this fact does not state or prove that Boba Fett was the last of the Mandalorians. :)

Ryan Pode
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:51:49 PM
No it doesn't. Although I believe in bounty hunter the reason Jango was a Bounty hunter was because the Mandalorians were killed off... but I forget... its been a long while since I played it.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:52:04 PM
Originally posted by Terran Starek
100% Correct. However, this fact does not state or prove that Boba Fett was the last of the Mandalorians. :)

But technically it does, since there is no other record of Mandalorians that are still living.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:53:40 PM
I thought he was just a bounty hunter who wore the armour. My bad.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:55:18 PM
i did too; cause the pics that i saw of the mandalorians werent human at all

Mandalore
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:55:38 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
But technically it does, since there is no other record of Mandalorians that are still living.

Nor a record that states that Mandalorians are nonexistant now.

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:56:31 PM
But because there is no record of Mandalorians, does it mean that there are none? If some survived, then whose to say that they did not repopulate to some extent on another world? I guess my real point is that a lack of records does not prove a lack of existence. The Empire destroyed the records of the Jedi, but the Jedi resurfaced. Whose to say that the Mandalorians--or, for all our intents and purposes, a small group of Mandalorian survivors--no longer exist?

DISCLAIMER:My comments are in no way meant to be offensive or impolite. If they are either, I apologize in advance. :)

Zasz Grimm
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:56:42 PM
So it's left to assumption and opinion then.

;)

imported_Terran Starek
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:58:38 PM
Precisely, Mr. Grimm, and we know that opinion and assumption fuel many of the characters/races we have that form our community. :)

Ryan Pode
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:58:45 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the Jedi wiped them all out.

Figrin D'an
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:03:12 PM

AFAIK, Jango wasn't Mandalorian. He just aquired and wore the armor synonimous with the Mandalorian supercommandos. The Jedi Knights decimated Mandalore, and wiped out most of the warriors... although it's possible, I suppose, that some escaped.

Ryan Pode
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:04:11 PM
Yes. That is very true.

Kharis
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:04:30 PM
I like Agent Charley's suggestion! :)

Mandalore
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:04:45 PM
Well from what I've seen about Mandalorians, it almost makes it irrelevant. There doesn't seem to really be any kind of derived attribute from lineage, and it is more of a Dread Pirate Roberts kind of thing from everything I've seen of it, which means that it really probably isn't a big deal if they're true lineage Mandalorians, or if they're picking the line out of the ashes. They kindof have that SW pirate thing about them.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:05:29 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
AFAIK, Jango wasn't Mandalorian. He just aquired and wore the armor synonimous with the Mandalorian supercommandos. The Jedi Knights decimated Mandalore, and wiped out most of the warriors... although it's possible, I suppose, that some escaped.

Really? I always thought he was a Mandalorian. Can you provide a link or a source of information?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:07:01 PM
"'I, am not the Dread Pirate Roberts. My name is Cummerbund.'"

Ryan Pode
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:07:24 PM
In Bounty Hunter, it says he was raised by the commandos as a mercenary.

Figrin D'an
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:08:21 PM
Yeah... ultimately, it really doesn't matter if said people are of true Mandalorian descent, or just borrow the name for the historical meaning it holds. (I mean, the same thing is essentially true for the Sith... Palpatine & Vader had little in common with the ancient Sith like Naga Sadow, etc, beyond the name).

Zasz Grimm
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:08:43 PM
I see.

So do Mandalorians look human or not. in KoTOR, it shows Canderous (mandalorian) as extremely human looking.

Explanation?

Mandalore
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:09:44 PM
I don't think they were a species, so much as an affiliation.

Figrin D'an
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:10:17 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
Really? I always thought he was a Mandalorian. Can you provide a link or a source of information?

Right on the official site, in the info about Jango.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/jangofett/eu.html

James Prent
Aug 10th, 2003, 07:03:04 PM
Though the Mandalorian supercommandos were wiped out by the Jedi Knights

Hmm.

Sanis Prent
Aug 10th, 2003, 07:06:50 PM
As aforementioned, it's really irrelevant whether they were fully wiped out in the assault or not.

Figrin D'an
Aug 10th, 2003, 07:08:41 PM
Originally posted by James Prent
Hmm.

Yeah, but just like so much else in the SW universe, it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Stuff has been altered before to make things fit better, or have played off of a supposed "fact" to make for an interesting story line through contradiction. It's just like real history... we rarely see the complete puzzle... there are always little things cropping up to shed more light on the past, and sometimes change perspective.

So... basically what I'm saying is... if you guys want to make a clan of Mandalorian commandos, go for it. I'm sure there are plenty of creative ways to make it fit with the established storyline. :)

Sohei
Aug 10th, 2003, 09:17:07 PM
I seem to remember something about a planet called "Concord Down" or something. I'll have to check later. I also remember reading a Tales of the Jedi comic with Mandalorians. it was about The Sith War and how the Mandalorians were involved... they looked human, but were very advanced militarily. However what Figrin said is true. A lot of stuff has been changed to make it look better and all that.

Oh, and can I get in on this, Charley?

Charley
Aug 10th, 2003, 09:27:16 PM
Sure I guess.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2003, 09:58:15 PM
there aren't going to be any mandalorian women warriors right? Because if there are I think I may have to shoot myself. ;)

Charley
Aug 10th, 2003, 10:24:08 PM
I'm going to make a rule that says women have to stay in the kitchen and/or make babies. That should settle that :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:37:40 PM
My mind can rest now. :)