PDA

View Full Version : Of Wolf And Man (Xazor)

Simene Dawnstrider
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:26:30 PM
Of Wolf and Man - Metallica

Off through the new day's mist I run
Out from the new day's mist I have come
I hunt - Therefore I am
Harvest the land
Taking of the fallen lamb

Off through the new day's mist I run
Out from the new day's mist I have come
We shift - Pulsing with the earth
Company we keep
Roaming the land while you sleep

Shape shift - nose to the wind
Shape shift - feeling I've been
Move swift - all senses clean
Earth's gift - back to the meaning of life

Bright is the moon high in starlight
Chill in the air cold as steel tonight
We shift - Call of the wild
Fear in your eyes It's later than you realized

Earth's gift - back to the meaning of life
I feel a change - Back to a better day
Hair stands on the back of my neck
In wildness is the preservation of the world

So seek the wolf in thyself

~~~

Simene walked through one of the forested parks in Courscant. The young wolf, Dantte, trotted beside her. He was starting to move out of his child like stage and into a teen like wolf. He trotted along, barking at some birds that are up in the trees. Simene looked down at him and smiled. She walked over to the largest tree in the forest, about a mile or so from the nearest city area. She sat down between his huge roots that rose over her head while she was standing. Dantte trotted over and lay down beside her, putting his head on her legs. She smiled at him again and pet him.

Simene leans back against the tree and closes her eyes. She thinks about everything that has happened to her sense she joined the Jedi. New friends, new room mates, a place that accepted her. She had practicly found a new family. Everything was as she had wanted it to be most of her life. Dantte also seemed to be happy. She just lay there and thought about it all.

A few moments later, she senses someone coming. She sits up and Dantte picks his head up. She looks around and her hand drifts to her blaster. She narrowed her eyes and looked around. She glanced around for anyone.

'Do you sense it? What is it? Where is it? It is coming closer... what do we do?'

"I don't know, Dantte. Stay calm. Maybe it will pass by us without noticing us."

Simene wispers to the wolf. She crouches down in the shadow of the tree and stares out, looking for anything. After a moment, a cloaked figure steps out from around one of the huge roots. Simene moves farther into the shadows as she watches the person. It seems to look at her. It holds its gloved hand up at her and she feels herself starting to choak.

Dantte growls out and runs forward. He attacks the figure, pulling the cloak off of it. A dark jedi stands there. Simene jumps to her feet and shoots at him. He brings his saber up and blocks them. He then brings one hand up and she goes flying backwards into the tree. Everything goes black to her.

Hours later, Simene wakes up and looks around. The corpse of the dark jedi lay near her, his neck ripped open. She closes her eyes and tries to stand but keeps falling back to her hands and feet. She looked around for Dantte and saw him knocked out near the tree. She crawls over to him and looks him over to make sure he is ok. He seems to be ok.

She reaches out to him to wake him and sees her hand. But it is no longer a hand. A grey fured paw is there. She yells out in suprise but it comes out more of a yelp like a wolf. She backs up and looks around. She sees the clothing she was wearing torn up on the ground near the corpse. She starts to panic, trying to figure out what to do.