View Full Version : Update on "Full Throttle: Hell On Wheels"

Lady Vader
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:33:07 AM
http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/81.html

:cry

Dammit... and I was looking forward to it too. :mad

Morgan Evanar
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:52:54 AM
I was less and less enthusastic about it the more I learned about the game. Hopefully they won't screw up Sam & Max.

Lady Vader
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:56:55 AM
Yeah... but still... sometimes I wish they wouldn't get our hopes up with an idea, and then crush it a few months before release. :(

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:20:26 PM
That sucks! I really liked the first one, and was looking forward to a return to good ol' adventure gaming.

Charley
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:03:15 PM
Seeing that Lucasarts can't really tie its own shoes, much less produce good games on a consistent basis, I think this is for the best.

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:02:57 PM
Seeing that Lucasarts can't really tie its own shoes, much less produce good games on a consistent basis, I think this is for the best.

With that logic they shouldn't have ANY Star Wars games made.

Sejah Haversh
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:33:12 PM
Yes, but they also proudly brought us the games: Obi Wan, Star Wars Podracer, and an assortment of really cruddy knock-offs.

They didn't make KOTOR. Their best achievement lately has been JKII. Dunno about their involvement in Rebel Assault III.

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:44:07 PM
I liked Podracer. One of the best arcade games I've played, for the controls :D

Charley
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:57:24 PM
Except that it was an inferior ripoff of much better games, like Wipeout. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't a bench-setter or an innovator by any means, and there are much better futuristic racing games anyway.

And they still have a lot of great games they have to release before they can atone for Force Commander. Good God it was pixellated diarrhea.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 17th, 2003, 09:06:47 PM
Their best achievement lately has been JKIIRaven.

Sejah Haversh
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:29:01 AM
I somehow thought that JKII wasn't them, but I wasn't sure.

The least really, really good game they made was the original X-Wing in the SW genre. I mean, update that exact game with better graphics, and BLAM! Instant new classic.

Park Kraken
Aug 18th, 2003, 12:42:13 AM
*Tickels the chin of the Mongoose*

Sanis Prent
Aug 18th, 2003, 08:55:41 AM
Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

Kraken, seriously. I mean, good God.

Darth007
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:08:01 AM
yeah and you owe Rogue Squadron's greatness to Factor 5.

ReaperFett
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:46:31 AM
Monkey Island IV (Was the last one, right?) was well recieved, and that is the game style that matters for Full Throttle and Sam/Max :)

William Belargic
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:13:30 PM
I loooooooooooooooooove the Monkey Island series! The games, while simple, were pretty well written. But then again, I'm easily amused. :)

Sejah Haversh
Aug 18th, 2003, 05:38:26 PM
I would like to state for the record that Monkey Island IV, Escape From Monkey Island, was the worst game in the whole series. Not only was it hardly funny, it just didn't even try, and 3-D made it look bad.

The best one was number three, looking all animated. Oh, there are some classic gags in that one. I swear, they need to make a Monkey Island movie, just borrow the Pirates of the Caribbean cast and you've got it made.

And, Kraken, you're not funny. You never have been with that joke. I'm not even going to hit you with my sledgehammer anymore, because you aren't deserving of it. Your idea that perpetuating that idiotic gag is funny is jsut plain detestable, and you only make yourself look like a moron. For your sake, stop using that joke altogether.

AmazonBabe
Aug 19th, 2003, 06:49:03 PM
The best one was number three, looking all animated. Oh, there are some classic gags in that one.

That's EXACTLY the way I feel. Loved the third one, and was a bit miffed when the fourth one came out not looking like the third. But I still had fun playing it.

(Which reminds me... I'm in the middle of going through the MEGA MONKEY version for #3.)