PDA

View Full Version : Snippet from Entertainment Weekly (spoilers)

Sage Hazzard
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:12:29 AM
I got this off of theforce.net. So don't kill the messenger(me) if you don't like this. :lol I dig it, personally.

CHEW ON THIS The lovable yet ill-tempered Wookiee known as Chewbacca will not only return in ''Episode III'' (after his absence from the first two prequels) -- he'll have an important role. Peter Mayhew, the dude in the furry suit, told a British journalist that the opening scene of the movie is a Wookiee battle sequence that takes place on a never-before-seen planet. More startlingly, Mayhew also said that Chewbacca acts as midwife to Natalie Portman's Padmé when she gives birth to twins Luke and Leia. We hope he washes his paws first.

Entertainment Weekly

I'm one of those in FAVOR of Chewbacca in the PT. So I'm sort of pleased. Though it seems a lot like one day Lucas said "hey, what if Chewie..." and just ran with it. :lol Well, it seems the Wookiee home world would be a prime canidate for the "never-before-seen planet". What is it, again? "Kashyyyk"?

Also, shouldn't Lucas be mad as heck at this dude for leaking this?

Charley
Aug 8th, 2003, 08:37:01 AM
That is horrible.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 8th, 2003, 08:39:53 AM
Mayhew also said that Chewbacca acts as midwife to Natalie Portman's Padmé when she gives birth to twins Luke and Leia.

>_< oohhh dear

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:44:15 AM
That is startling. :eek

...I'll watch it anyway!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 8th, 2003, 10:50:43 AM
the midwife thing I think comes from Mahaew saying he saves the twins I think that is what they are talking about, I don't think we will deliver their birth I doubt we would even see that anyway. Most likely Chewie protects the twins as they go to Obi-Wan. As far as the never before see world I am betting its Alderraan since its a world most people are dying to see

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:19:16 AM
a wookiee war on Alderaan? That makes no sense. It would have to be Kashyyykkk or however it's spelled. A Wookiee war against the clones as they're being enslaved by the soon to be Empire is a GREAT addition.:D

Sage Hazzard
Aug 9th, 2003, 12:17:07 AM
I'm still sort of pleased. Mainly because it shows Lucas had a reason to put Chewie in. Not that he just threw him in there as a cameo. If he has a legitimate role, then it makes it an easier pill to swallow. Still, that "legitimate role" is a little wonky. If he delivers the twins and then goes outside to howl at the moon or something, I'll puke.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 9th, 2003, 09:10:40 AM
I am just guessing there because Alderraan has yet to be seen and I am certain there will, of course we could see several new worlds in this movie. Also the movie begins with a huge Space Battle that to me sounds very cool.

JMK
Aug 9th, 2003, 12:34:20 PM
Geez, what a dumb idea.
But I've always loved the idea of a huge space battle to kick off Episode 3.

Charley
Aug 9th, 2003, 08:14:18 PM
Yes, because putting Chewbacca into the movie is a legitimate thing to do, and is in no way a pointless, horrible cameo.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 9th, 2003, 08:27:31 PM
Well I think Chewie will be imortant so that is all that matters the whole thing about him being midwife I think probably won't happen, you really have to take EW with a grain of salt. Still I love seeing Chewie in Episode 3 I hope he does a lot of fighting :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2003, 10:15:35 AM
He's going to deliver the twins, and then show Leia to a little five year old boy called Han. "She is your destiny" he'll tell him. Han will stick out his tongue and kick Chewie in the shins.... yes....yes.... it's all so perfect... :lol