PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Gods: Guns for Hire (Force Master Hunter...and then open)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 7th, 2003, 11:49:46 PM
She flipped the small object up into the air and caught it again deftly, her fingers closing around it. De'Ville held it up between finger and thumb and studied it through half lidded eyes. She was curious about it, having carried it around for a year or so. But it was time.

Time for revenge on Sanis Prent.

The shell was about an inch wide, three inches long, jacketed in durasteel with 3 concentric orange bands on the rear of it. It was rare, she knew that much. But how rare... that was another thing entirely.

Paladin Weapons Emporium was listed in the HoloNet directory, with a description that indicated it dealt with exotic and rare weapons, as well as some regular type blasters and power cells. She'd contacted Gregori Paladin, the proprietor, about an appraisal of a unique item, and he had been more than happy to set up a meeting with Leesa Y'Vide.

Of course, that was her mother's name. She'd been dead for over fourteen years. But who was going to check that? Besides, the Imperial records had been completely wiped and sealed up offlimits by the NR when Coruscant had been taken back. Or taken away, depending on your point of view.

She slipped the shell into a pouch attatched to her sash, and paid her cabbie, stepping out of the repulsor driven vehicle in front of a respectable row of shops about one hundred and fifty klicks from the Senate building. De'Ville straightened her light blue dress, and headed inside, a small bell tinkling cheerily as she pushed open the door. Her eyes dilated, adjusting to the muted light in the shop, and she looked for someone to talk to, her eyes tracing the entire interior.

Translucent cases displayed some non-impressive blasters, and a few pricier looking items. There was an auto cannon imbedded in the ceiling to ward off prospective shoplifters. She approached the man behind the counter. "I am here to see Mr. Paladin?"

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:06:17 AM
There was a faily small, nervous looking man there with dark skin, lined face, a peaked cap and glasses that made his eyes look like they were behind googles. He glanced up from the repair he was doing to a Balstech DL-44.

"Leesa Y'Vide?" he said in a voice that was unexpectantly pleasant and calm. "Just a moment, I'll go fetch Master Paladin". He scurried off through a door, but not before touching a secret security button that set the auto guns to track the visitor. Attempts at theft would lead to a fairly short remainder of life.

--

"Mr Paladin? Your appointment is here"

The figure was bent over a lathe and didnt hear first time until the squillely man tapped the hunched figure on the shoulder and repeated his statement.

"Send her in"

--

"Hello miss, Mr Paladin will see you now. Please come this way"

She was lead through a short passage, to what looked like a work room. Parts and tools were scattered about, there was an untidy desk with an old terminal and a single lamp over it. The old glow rods int he ceiling filled the room with shadow - a shadow broken by the work lights over the lathe. For a few more seconds, the figure hunched over it worked, before a hand slapped the stop button. another moment, then the figure began to stand up.

and up.

And up.

Force Master Hunter, real name Gregori Paladin was a huge man - 6'5", heavily muscled and highly fit. He was wearing a black t-shirt with the logo of the "Band of Electrical Current", boots and black pants. He was about 35, unshaven, black hair and brown eyes, which were revealed after he took his safety glasses. They were draped over the gun barrel he had been machining, along with ear muffs.

"G'day" he said, his voice calm, with hints of natural power. "You wanted to see me about some rare weapon?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:11:22 AM
She looked around briefly for a place to sit, found nothing, and gave up. Gregori was big, about the same size as Van Derveld and Xilarian. De'Ville was used to being around the two of them, and was not intimidated in the least by Paladin. His shirt fit him...interestingly...

"Yes, I did. I came across it through some, unusual circumstances. I know it is rare, but how rare..." She fished into her pouch, bringing out the orange shell between finger and thumb. De'Ville held it out towards him. "What is one of these worth on today's market?"

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:45:29 AM
He raised an eyebrow, not interested in the rather shapely woman but rather the shell she was holding up, for it was nothng he had seen for a long time.

"Mind if I have a closer look?" he asked. She seemed to nod, so he took the shell, bent over the table and examined it in the light availible.

"Well... I'm be frelled. You have here a Mandolorian Shell Gun projectile, designed to accelerate to hypersonic and punch big holes. It's got a motivator on the back of it" He stood up, with a frown on his face. "Where did you get this thing from? The shell by itself is worth 1G credits, I aint seen Mandalorian stuff in five years at least. If you got the gun itself, you'll get a pretty good price too"

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:57:00 AM
She mulled that over in her head for a few silent moments. "I do not have the gun in hand, but I know who does. He is not likely to give it up without a fight, however." De'Ville held out her hand for the shell, and Paladin placed it back onto her palm. It was secreted away again, and she leaned casually against a table. "However, the shell is not the only thing I wanted to talk about.

"I need to move some highly sensitive items into the galactic market. They've been...outlawed in nearly every sentient system. I thought maybe you might have an idea as to how I could go about liquidating my assets." Spaarti cylinders, whole were nearly priceless, but the some of the individual parts, when split up and distibuted onto the black market were worth a load of creds by themselves.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:07:32 AM
Now his right eyebrow tried to join his hairline.

"Oh..... really?"

He got curious enough now that he allowed his mind to wander, to take a sense of this woman.... and withdrew almost immediatly. He sensed not somethign dishonest, but more.... dark. Something in the back of his mind told him this woman was not to be toyed with.

"Well, I suppose the shell was to demostrate your not here to lead me on." He gave her a piercing and thoughtful look before turning on his heel, reaching out to touch a hidden panel on the wall. "This way then. We'll talk in my office"

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:15:53 AM
She felt a slight buzzing sensation in her head, but as soon as it began it was gone. De'Ville rubbed her forehead with her right hand, and nodded, following Gregori cautiously into the office. The hidden door was a nice touch. It meant she hadn't been mislead in her information about this weapons dealer.

Once inside the office it was apparent that the furniture was about to go to war with the rest of the items inside. The desk and overstuffed chairs contrasted starkly with the rack on the wall. She'd heard about a crate of cutting edge rail weapons that had been stolen from the NRSF, and had no doubt that she was staring at a few of them. Impressive. But of no use to her.

There was a disruptor, minus power pack, on the desk. He moved it to a nearby table, and took a seat. She followed suit, sitting lightly in one of the opposing chairs.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:19:43 AM
"Now" he asked, putting his overlarge frame into a nerf leather chair, which groaned under his weight, touching a button that set up a static damper that would stop snoops and comms, "You said you had something that's been banned in nearly every system? That shell comes from a gun that's close. What have got, distruptor or something along those lines?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:29:01 AM
"It is not precisely a weapon." She remained where she was, resisting the urge to lean forward. "However, the Clone Wars had a huge part in this paticular device's infamy." De'Ville looked into his brown eyes, seeing a flicker of understanding.

"To remove all doubt, I have some of the major components of the spaarti cylinders made by the Empire and warehoused on Wayland some fifty years ago." No need to show the whole hand. Who'd believe her anyway? That she had at one point fifty of the damn things secreted away inside a ship that never made port? There were thirty five left. And she needed cash.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:45:45 AM
There was no use denying it, he was floored with this one. He had all sort of things come across his desk, with all sorts of illegalities....

But Spaarti Cylinders?!?! He never dreamed of getting his hands on anythign to do with those! Even parts thereof!

"Just... how major are we talking about here?" he asked. "Spare parts or major components? Is there enogh to reconstitute a whole cylinder?"

While he wasn't really a man who wanted wealth, Spaarti cylinders were name your own price items. Hell, brokering an auction on parts would deliver him a bidding war that would give him a pile of credits, let alone what the woman across from him would get. 10% cut was still frikking huge. It was the thrill of the deal that kept him going and here was a chance to make a bloody good one.

But who the hell had such things?

He studied the woman across from him, thinking hard. She was mid thirties, not a bad looker at all, dressed as one of the upper class. That in itself was odd. Not the type to casually have things like Spaarti parts and Mandorallian shells. Fringe maybe? He had a pretty good memory for faces and disurning disguise, she seemed familiar. ....

Most wanted list. Poodoo, surely not her????

"Care for a drink while we discuss?" he asked. Any doubt was gone, becuase he very much doubted that the woman who he now suspected her as would waste time with nonsense.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:03:47 AM
She was going to decline his offer, and then nodded, "Some water, please." His emotions had shifted several times in the last few seconds, but she felt no danger apparent to her. He'd keep her alive unless she inadvertantly disclosed their location. Which she would not do.

He got up to pour her some water, and she answered his question. "I am in possession of a dozen flash implant data cards, three flash imprinters, and the actual transteel cylinder frame, which includes the monitoring system." She was always careful not to drop too much into the mainstream at a paticular time. Clones were nasty pieces of work, prone to being insane, and she didn't really want to be responsible for someone creating one.

So she leaked bits and pieces out in different systems to totally different buyers. No one wanted anyone to know they were hoarding Spaarti parts, and so buyers hardly ever came in contact with each other. She accepted the glass of water, and looked at it a moment before sipping it.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:11:42 AM
"By the Force... I'd doubt your sanity and kick you out for talking babble" he stated, sitting down once again, "But your reputation proceeds you, if I'm not mistaken on your true name. How in the name of anything did you come by such a cache of wealth... and what do I need to do to get my hands on it? are you looking for more than just credits?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:25:24 AM
She smiled slightly, and tilted her head to the side a bit as she looked back at him. "I do not know if you remember an Imperial raid on the NR held planet of Wayland about ten years ago or not..." She left it at that, letting his imagination fill in the rest. The NR had reported the storehouse destroyed completely, along with all of its contents. But Dagger and she had made off with several hundred of the remaining cylinders, and for her help, as a young apprentice, she'd been awarded fifty of the things.

Which had kept her in the style she'd been accustomed to for quite some time. "Credits will do nicely. I am looking to fund a vacation or sorts. And when you find a buyer, I can provide you with coordinates, at which you will find a ship, with the items on board." The Devil's Advocate was a Corellian gunboat, modified by the late Diktat Viscera to hold a hangar bay of fighters. Instead of fighters, De'Ville had impregnated the hangar with cylinders.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:40:02 AM
"That's some vacation your planning to fund... on a shopping spree for planets?" he said, half jokingly. "Allright. Normally I'ld buy the items of you, but no one has that much credits lying around. I believe a discreet auction would be suitible. 10% brokerage I want, and... Got any other business you want to take care of? Anything else you need? "

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:45:04 AM
Might as well go for broke. She withdrew the Mandalorian shell once more, and showed it to him. "I would like it if you leaked news onto the market that you had this item for sale. A Sanis Prent will come sniffing around. I want him dead, frankly. Do you know of any reliable bounty hunters I could trust with a job like this? Prent was a bounty hunter in his own right before he went legit, if my information is correct."

De'Ville tossed the shell at him, and he caught it easily.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:56:00 AM
"Prent went legit? Hardly" he snorted. "The nerf herder has got more fingers in many more pies than he has a right to"

He felt anger well up, for he was nto on good terms with this scum. The bastard had cut in front of him on some deals.

"Yeah, I know some damn good ones, but if you dont mind, I'll take this one personally. I don't just deal with guns"

Hey, what the hell. He'd go for broke too.

"My trade name is Force Master Hunter. I was the guy who bagged Turbogeek and a few other Jedi. While Prent aint one of those scum, I'd be quite happy to put a round thorugh his skull. Me or one of my associates of Assassins Inc will gladly take the job. "

The hatred that dripped off his voice at the word Jedi was obvious, as was the blackness now seeping into his sense.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:03:17 AM
She sat back slightly, relaxing even though the man across from her had gotten more dangerous. Force Master Hunter wasn't a name you just dropped in front of known Force users. And she was fairly certain he'd recognized her.

"Ah yes, I have heard of you, Hunter." De'Ville leaned forward once more and placed her half empty glass on the table. "Then, for taking Prent down, I would up your percentage on the cylinder auction. Say...twelve percent instead of ten? Plus whatever, personal satisfaction you may garner."

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:17:45 AM
"Yes, I think that would be most acceptible" he said, grinning. There was absolutly no warmth or humour in the grin, it made him look more like a predator. "and while I am delighted that I have paid reason to take Prent down, I really have to ask something - You are Lilaena De'ville, Sith Master? I would have thought this type of thing you would do yourself. curious why you dont. Any reason I should know why you prefer to retain the services of someone else for this?"

"Of course, if this is for personal satisfaction of seeing Prent killed from somewhere he not expects, I do understand and, of course, if you want Jedi dead, that is my seciality. There's nothing better than to feel a Jedi dying in the Force, would you not agree?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:27:40 AM
She quirked an eyebrow up at his words, contemplating them as she responded. "Certainly, it is a singular experience. As to why I prefer to outsource for the death of Prent, call it security. He once threatened my life in a paticularly nasty way, and though I am fairly certain such a thread has since been removed, I am not one hundred percent positive. It would be a shame to lose my life on such a gamble."

De'Ville did not confirm or deny his naming of her, and appeared about to say something more, but then stopped. Another time. "Anyway, if that concludes our business? In three days time I will send you the coordinates of the ship. I expect you to meet me there, in person. Do not send an underling, as this is a most sensitive matter."

Jimmy
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:57:44 AM
ding The bell rang for the 2nd time.

A figure walked into the gun shop. His dress was simple, a long flowing, dark green trench coat clung to him as he passed into the shop. The coat was open, showing a black sweater and black baggy jeans. Clearly he was not doing a job, the hitman was off duty.

This shop was one of his regulars, in fact he had come to this very shop to have his E-11 modified a few months back. Quite a decent place, no rip offs or crap. Just the way Troy liked it.

As said, the blasters cased behind glass was rather basic, nothing new. Blasters of different shapes, sizes and versions, boring really. The reason Troy came here was for something new, he was looking for work, and who better to ask than the local gun shop.

The hunter was on a slow streak. A few weeks back he had finished a job, a...big job. It paid rather well for something so simple as a hit on a head of a corporation. Easy money. However, for the past few weeks his contacts had been very quiet, no work, no pay and so Troy was asking around. The owner of this shop would do nicely.

The fairly small, dark skinned man was there to talk to, although he looked like a damn geek. of course, not the owner of the shop.

' Mr. Paladin, he out back?...' Spoke Troy, his head nodding towards the coded back door.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 07:52:59 AM
"he's with a customer" replied the counter attentant. "Wont be too long"

--

"Very well, three days as agreed. I'll come personally"

He noted a light on his desk had come on.

"Discresion in my business is guarentteed. There is someone - a regular customer of mine in the shop. Would you care to use our back exit, to avoid prying eyes?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:16:43 AM
"Certainly." She got to her feet and held out her hand, which he shook firmly. "I have a feeling this deal will be most profitable to us both." Whether she was referring to the cylinders (which would undoubtedly make them both rich over the next few months) or the contract on Sanis Prent was uncertain.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 8th, 2003, 07:14:57 PM
"Just the way a good deal should. My pleasuse to do business with you."

He waved a hand, the weapons rack moved, revealing a passageway. "About 1 ckick, you'll turn up in a mall. Lots of people, will be quite easy to get away unnoticed". Hunter waited till she was gone, closed the door, then turned on his heel and left his secret office.

--

"Ahhh, Mister Troy. Good to see a regular here" Paladin said, coming into the shop. "What can I do for you today?"

Jimmy
Aug 9th, 2003, 12:10:23 AM
'Wheres the babe?'' Troy said as he turned to meet Paladin, face to face. Troy was not as stupid as some might think. The hunter was very observant and highly inquisitive. The two only ways to gain sufficient knowledge. Of course Troy knew that the woman, whoeve she was, had been important, important enough to slip out the back door atleast.

' Dark hair, great body, expencive dress. Nice girlfriend Paladin...' Troy leaned on the counter with both arms. A pretty woman, in a light blue dress, looking about as gun crazy as Jedi Knight. Possible force user?. If you put two and two together it could most certainly be a force user no doubt about it. A force user interested in guns is a bad sign.

'Whats her name Pally? where did ya pick her up?' He faked a laugh yet really he was fishing for infomation. He was after a few leads, a few jobs, anything to make money.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:50:30 AM
"What lady?" he said, fixing Troy with an icy stare that could freeze a blaster bolt. "You got business or you just gonna ask questions you know damn well aint gonna be answered?"