PDA

View Full Version : Talk amongst yourselves

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:21:21 PM
Refrencing this (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31261) thread... I'm inclined to say no, but I'd like to get everyone else's opinions on it as well.

Figrin D'an
Aug 7th, 2003, 09:03:19 PM
I'm rather iffy on this as well...

imported_Marcus
Aug 7th, 2003, 10:29:46 PM
From what I can understand of her post (I dunno, it's proving hard for me to work it out for some reason what's she getting at), I've got my doubts. Sounds like a short cut to me.

Brings up another issue... what Padawans are ready to promote now? We do seem a touch light on for Knights right now.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 7th, 2003, 11:36:37 PM
none of mine are erady I.E. Padawans... have to look about others...

I am inclined to say no. Perhaps if she was already a Knight or been with us longer sure. Also, wasnt she the one taht made a Sith Knight out of the blue?

imported_Marcus
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:08:40 AM
Yes, she was. I think

Lady Vader
Aug 8th, 2003, 12:10:23 PM
Yes, she did make a Sith Knight out of the blue, and I figured her to be cool, so I let her into TSO as such... so far no major probs... but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways, I'm not so sure of this new idea of hers. Like Figsters said... is sound rather iffy...

Nav's reasoning made sense. If she'd been here longer (i.e. if it were Marcus or Nav or myself asking for permission to do this) there might not be a problem. But I don't like how it feels like she's in a big hurry to play a character of higher rank.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:31:39 PM
I am also leaing towards no.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:00:37 PM
Nien.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:06:26 PM
Xazor's post brings up a good point. Still, it does seem like a shortcut to mushrooms... :)

TheHolo.Net
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:21:12 PM
I think I would be more apt to accept the idea if it wasn't a player character and was used as a complete NPC just written into neccessary stories by existing/established characters as needed.

Figrin D'an
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:26:04 PM
I had thought before about the same suggestion that Xazor made. Having someone of higher standing play such a character would be better, but like Ryla said... it's still kind of doing an end run around the rules.

I think I might be more open to this if she didn't have a history of trying something similar before.

imported_Marcus
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:21:12 AM
NPC = acceptible

Xazor's idea is worth some thought, I'll have no real objections if a suitble person volunteers.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:22:59 AM
Well, Shanaria has already said she wants to play them, and now wants an Uber-Padawan....

And I agree, an NPC is perfectly ok.

William Belargic
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:43:13 PM
While the idea still makes me squirm a bit, would there be any harm in letting her try this? I mean with supervision and all... of course, I have no idea how we'd go about doing that.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 11th, 2003, 09:24:58 PM
if he fails we know not to do it.. but we won't know unless we try the NPC idea

AmazonBabe
Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:48:17 PM
OK... so what answer should we give Shanaria? She's getting a bit impatient, me thinks...

Morgan Evanar
Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:51:36 PM
She. I have no idea. I'm sort of adverse toward letting someone do this. Bad precedent and whatnot.

imported_Marcus
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:04:22 AM
I'll only go with another person NPC'ing. Anything else smells of an attempted fast track

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 24th, 2003, 05:55:02 PM
NPC.. that way anyone can use the character.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 24th, 2003, 11:52:56 PM
NPC only from where I stand as well.

AmazonBabe
Aug 28th, 2003, 11:20:59 AM
She has posted something new, and it's a bit snippy... but then again, we haven't given her an answer.

And what's this about letting ppl create characters starting at Knight level? I seem to remember some talk on this waaaaaaaaaaay back, but I don't think it was ever finished...

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 28th, 2003, 11:58:15 AM
I dunno, it sure sounds realy fishy to me. The mass of padawans without a master has already been addressed in the form of classes. Now, there is no excuse if your character does not get training.

Furthermore, it's beside the point. She wants to create a Knight, which, to my mind, undermines all the hard work that everyone else has done with their characters. What's the point of even coming here as a padawan? We make other Jedi from other boards verify their status, why should this be any different?

Ultimately, there is still a way she can go on with character development that wouldn't even require an NPC. Heck, that's how the rest of us usually go about, isn't it?

If you don't like this idea, then promote some of the padawans which are ready to be promoted so there are less padawans and more ppl that are able to train.

Oh dear, we are getting snippy. :rolleyes

AmazonBabe
Aug 28th, 2003, 07:22:31 PM
To put it bluntly, she's getting on my nerves. |I

imported_Marcus
Aug 28th, 2003, 08:54:28 PM
Hey, you dont need a bloody Master to make Knight. all you need is a bit of detirmantion and getting off you ass.

Blaming others for non training is her own bloody fault. She's quite free to seek out others around the place and deal with the issue.