PDA

View Full Version : New home, new prospects..

Rhianna Ravenloft
Aug 7th, 2003, 11:17:15 AM
Three years, it had taken her three years of missing meals and skimping on everything else. She had finally done it though. Rhianna Ravenloft, homeless fortune teller at best, wandering vagrant-some would say-at worst, had finally saved enough money to leave the space port she had been stuck at for years! She would be able to settle down somewhere, for good this time. No more wandering. Someplace where people would spare a few coins for her to simply tell them what was on their mind. It didn't cease to amaze her how careless some people were with their money.

As she looked out the tiny window, of the nearly ready for the scrap pile transport, she smiled seeing for the first time her new home.

Coruscant, hope I can stay here for a while..

She patiently waited for the rest of the passengers and crew to disembark the run down vessell before collecting her very few possesions and following. She squinted and raised a gloved hand to sheild her eyes from the sudden rush of light. The accomodations, were quite lacking on the transport, but she didn't care. It had served its purpose and gotten her here, to her it was the most beautiful thing she had seen yet.. That was until she took in her new surroundings. She had heard of the planet's massive structures but it hadn't prepared her.

How am I ever going to find my way around this??

She started walking, it was as simple as that. She wasn't afraid. She would figure it out, like she always did. She glanced toward the entrance to a rather large and impressive building. Several robed figures conversed at the doors. She had seen the like before. Jedi. They had been on the space port a few times. Smiling she decided she would look for work somewhere close to here.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:14:47 PM
Kyle was walking around the streets when He saw a woman who looked lost so He walked up to her "hello miss, are you lost, can I be of any help" Kyle said as he threw back the hood of his jedi robe.

Rhianna Ravenloft
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:40:15 AM
Rhianna had just summoned enough initiative to start off, seeking a suitable establishment, when someone right next to her spoke. Even though they probably weren't speaking to her, she chanced a look anyway. Oddly enough, he was looking right at her, and he was a Jedi! She smiled and tossed her one and only bag over her shoulder.

"It's that apparent, huh? Actually, I just arrived here from... Well it dosen't really matter where I am from, I here now, and looking for work."

She lifted her chin a notch. She had heard enough wise cracks in that space port to last her the rest of her life. It didn't matter now though, she was starting over and if this Jedi could help her, she would welcome it.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 8th, 2003, 02:02:09 PM
Kyle smiled "there are lots of jobs in this city, for instants if you are force sensetive there's the Jedi but if you like killing people you could become a bounty hunter or a mercinary" Kyle sighed "but those jobs are not very good."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:41:39 AM
“Yes, it’s not usually something we would encourage, is it?” another voice intoned.

Arms folded behind his back, Dasquian arched an eyebrow at Kyle and his red-headed acquaintance.

“Dasquian Belargic,” he bowed his head to the woman, still smiling in that warm yet unnerving way that was able to calm even the most incensed people.

“Jedi Knight. Are you looking for somewhere in particular? A shuttle system runs to most of the popular tourist spots and there are regular bus-cabs to the majority of this level.”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Aug 11th, 2003, 11:03:28 AM
Rhianna was somewhat taken aback. Her mouth just kind of..opened and closed for a moment. She was trying to form the words to ask if that wasn't a bad thing for a Jedi to suggest. Fortuantely for her yet another unexpected event claimed her day.

“Yes, it’s not usually something we would encourage, is it?”

She whipped her head to her other side, her mass of auburn ringlets swinging dangerously close to the first Jedi's nose. Startled, she was soon put at ease by a beguiling smile.

She gave herself a mental shake. This was not good, she was drawing quite a bit of attention to herself. If she was seen with the Jedi, someone might think she was causing trouble and her buisness could suffer.

"Tourist spots! That sounds promising! Are they within walking distance? I would hate to have to spend my last few...."

She shut her mouth before she sounded too ridiculously needy.

"Just point me in the correct direction if you would? I shall begin my search for work there and detain you no longer, Sir..."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 11th, 2003, 11:10:30 AM
"You aren't detaining us at all."

Dasquian was quite relieved, in fact, to be free from the Temple for a while. It seemed, although physically impossible, that there were more people inside of it than there were out here. There were so many students now that it would have been easy to become claustrophobic.

"And the only place within walking distance is our temple, although that is not an official tourist spot, people have taken it upon themselves to visit it as though it was."

Much to Dasquian's chagrin, of course. He was virtually the one man academy coordinator now and though he didn't mind fielding questions, it did sometimes get in the way of the serious applications of those wanting to join.

"It's just..."

One hand raised and Dasquian motioned back over his shoulder to the unfathomably tall pristine white building, a tower of ivory set against Coruscant's bustling city scrape. It was like some gargantuan row tooth, the way it slimmed into a handful of slim pointed spires at its apex.

Rhianna Ravenloft
Aug 11th, 2003, 11:53:27 AM
Rhinna's eyes folllowed the gesture towards the extremely elegant, yet almost imposing ivory building. She could see why people would flock around it, it was stunning. Also, as far as the area went, it seemed nice here.

A sudden, feeling came over her. She glanced around but only saw what appeared to be ordinary citizens walking around. A young Mother was carrying her small infant and smiling up at the very same building Rhianna had just taken her eyes from. Unfortuantely she didn't seem to be paying attention to the fact that two small boys were tossing some kind of glowing orb back and forth, just ahead of her.

"Excuse me..."

She dropped her bag where she stood and ran a few steps, sliding to her knees, ripping the hem of her skirt. Her efforts paid off though, she caught the baby just before it would have hit the ground. Rising with it carefully clutched to her chest, she handed the tiny bundle back to its distraught mother. Rhianna told the woman to please take more care, kissed the baby on the top of its fuzzy head and then returned for her bag.

"Sorry about that... She wasn't watching what she was doing. Anyways, thanks for the help. I should be okay once I find a place to stay."

Rhianna dusted herself off and looked thoughtful. She wasn't sure what the proper respect due a Jedi was. Should she bow, curtsey? So she just nodded her head and turned to leave.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 11th, 2003, 11:57:50 AM
"That was..."

Dasquian looked between the young woman and the baby reunited with its mother.

"Odd," he finally mustered, turning an incredulous gaze back onto Rhianna.

"How exactly did you know that was going to happen?"

There was only one explanation that the Jedi could come up with.

Rhianna Ravenloft
Aug 11th, 2003, 05:22:30 PM
Rhianna smiled somewhat sheepishly. Her little "talent" usually went unnoticed. Most people just tossed her a trinket to sell, or a few credits and went along their merry way. No one had ever asked her to explain it before. Slowly she turned around, not knowing exactly where to begin.

"Umm... I am not sure how best to answer you. I do work as Fortune Teller. I just have a knack for being able to know these things.. I can umm...sometimes tell things about people too."

Her stomach chose that precise moment to rumble loudly. Her cheeks turned a bright shade of pink. Mentally she went over the remainder of her money.

Well Rhianna? Are you eating, replacing your dress or finding a place to sleep. Quit standing around talking to the nice Jedi.

She peeked up again, her embarassment clear. With further resolve to get her life back on track she pulled a small card, that simply had her name-Rhianna Ravenloft-, from a pouch on her wrist. Handing it to the Jedi Knight she smiled.

"Well... if you ever get bored. I've never tried to read the thoughts of a Jedi before. Thank you again..."

She did get a little sad as she once again prepared to leave, It must be so nice to live in a place like that. To know that you had people around to help you and that you in turn could help.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:23:45 AM
Dasquian looked down at the card and read it before tucking it into one of the pockets of his robes.

"Rhianna, that is a remarkable talent you have," he said with a smile.

Not one for skirting around matters, he decided to get right to the point.

"Have you ever considered becoming a Jedi? Abilities like those usually take years to develop. For you to be - I assume - born with them... well, you should consider yourself very lucky."

Rhianna Ravenloft
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:36:28 AM
She tried not to laugh she really did. It was unavoidable though, she covered her mouth and hid a small chuckle. Rhianna Ravenloft, Jedi. Now there was a thought to be sure, she just imagined herself in her own set of Jedi robe's. Actually... it wasn't that hard to picture when she tried.

"To be quite honest I never gave it much thought. But, I don't have any training, I don't know how to fight and well.. I am just plain old Rhianna, you know?"

She lifted her gaze longingly at the Jedi Temple again. It just wasn't for her, she wasn't meant for such things. Her eyes narrowed as she spotted some of the other Jedi as they passed by open doors and in front of windows. Aside from what she knew they were capable of, they looked like normal people. Maybe, just maybe when they started they had her same doubts? Maybe they didn't think themselves capable either? What was to stop her from trying? At least it would be something she could always look back on if it didn't go well and say she gave it her best.

"But.. I wouldn't mind trying? I guess it couldn't hurt anything?"

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:42:47 AM
Dasquian watched more Jedi pass by. There were so many of them now and in so many, metaphorical, flavours. Sweet and prim from royal backgrounds, rough and ready ex-soldiers, and the occasional sour one, like the sweet in the bottom of the packet that no one ever eats, unless they accidently mistake it for a strawberry one.

Dasquian pulled himself out of his mind and shook off the momemtarily odd train of thought. What was more important, though, was that they all wanted, for their different reasons, to become Jedi. It was no good training if your heart wasn't in it.

"Only if you want to."

Rhianna Ravenloft
Aug 12th, 2003, 10:03:06 AM
She glanced about her present surroundings. The choice was hers. She could tell the Jedi thanks but no thanks and find her usual hole in the wall to set up a small shop and live in, or she could take a chance and try something new.

She looked past all the bustling people and caught sight of the woman with the small baby. The woman waved and mouthed the words "Thank you!". Rhianna smiled. Dasquian seemed to think that her "little talent" that had gotten her through the last few years, was some sort of ability that would help her if she were a Jedi. She could use her gift to do so much more good if she were a Jedi.

Her thoughts touched briefly on the old woman who looked after her from space port to space port as a child. Gerda, had been her name, she had looked after her and in turn Rhianna had made them money. She could almost hear her now..

What are you waiting for you silly girl! Go and learn great things!

Rhianna smiled, genuinely happy for the first time in years.

"I want to... very much."

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2003, 02:50:18 AM
“Well follow me (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31356) then.”