Class: Assault Cruiser

Type/Model: Deep Space Combat Cruiser

Dimensions:
Length: 600 Meters
Width: 300 Meters
Mast: 125 Meters
(Diamond Shaped)

Armament:
4 Punisher Turbolaser Battery Clusters (1 port forward, starboard forward, port aft, starboard aft)
12 Octect Proton Torpedo Launchers (2 forward top, forward bottom, amidships top, bottom, aft, 1 port, starboard)
20 Heavy Ion Batteries (10 topside forward and amidships, 10 aft arrainged in two clusters of 5, 1 port, starboard)

Defenses:
2 Novadex Particle Shield Generators (1 top, bottom)
2 Novadex Ray Shield Generators (1 top, bottom)
1 KDY Reserve Grid
Reinforced Durasteel armour

Propulsion:
4 KDY Large Ion Engines (In a bank of four central aft)
1 KDY Large Fusion Reactor
Sublight Speed is equivalent to that of a B-Wing.
HyperDrive Rating: 0.75 Past Lightspeed

Hull Rating:
The Hull Rating of this vessel is equivalent to Modern Star Destroyer standards

Shield Rating:
The combined Shield Rating is double that of the Standard Star Destroyer rating.

Consumables:
50 Oil Baths with 50 Gallons of Oil (enough for 4 weeks of continous operations)

Complement:
Land: None
Space: 144 TIE/Droid Series Fighters
12 Squadrons Total.

Passenger/Troop Capacity: 500 Combat Droids

Crew: 15,000:
5,000 MSE-7 Mantinence Droids
7,000 General Military Labor Droids
3,000 Ship Brain, Guidance, Control Droids.

Performance Report: The new Furious Droid Battleship is designed as a next generation of combat vessel. A few examples have already been seen, such as droid controlled VSDs at the battle of Almania. While these were moderatly successful, fifty years of new technology couple with daring new commanders opens the door for radical new designs such as the Furious.
The most radical change about this ship is that their is no life support systems, and crew quarters, except for gravity, and refreshment facilites of the kind needed for droids, such as recharge systems, and oil baths. While a ship crewed entirely with droids is a costly investment, it will pay itself off in the long run, considering that you don't have to buy as many consumables for the occupants, and you don't have to give them a salary. Another benefit of droids is that they aren't affected by morale, pain, and life issues that put stress on normal commanders.
For the ship design itself, the new diamond shape used on the Centurion seems to be popular, and with good reason. The extra width means that length can be kept to a minimum.
The armament is based on pure offensive firepower, the new Punisher Turbolaser system, and the tried and true Proton Torpedo Octects. Rounding out the offensive weaponry are the Heavy Ion Batteries. For arrangement of weaponry, the Starboard, and Port firing arcs are the most deadly, with either side being able to bring to bear 2 Punishers, 8 Proton Torpedo Octects (64 torps), and 10 Heavy Ion Batteries. The Forward firing arc is able to bring 2 Punishers, 6 Proton Torpedo Octects (48 torps), and 10 Heavy Ion Batteries to bear, while the Rear Firing Arc is able to bring 2 Punishers, 4 Proton Torpedo Octects, and 10 Heavy Ion Batteries to bear. The forward starboard and port arcs are each able to bring 1 Punisher, 5 Proton Torpedo Octects (40 torps), and 5 Heavy Ion Batteries to bear, while the aft port, and starboard arcs are each able to bring 1 Punisher, 4 Proton Torpedo Octects, and 5 Heavy Ion Batteriers to bear. Topside firing arc is able to bring 2 Punishers, 4 Proton Torpedo Octects, and 20 Heavy Ion Batteries to bear in any one spot, while bottom arc has 2 Punishers, and 4 Proton Torpedo Octects.
Because Ion Cannons would not only be able to short circuit the systems, but also the crews as well, a pair of Ray Shielding generators has been added to the normal complement of particle shielding, meaning that as long the Ray shields stay up, Ion Cannon fire will not affect the ship. Other defenses include Reinforced Durasteel armour.
Normal fighter facilites can hold only so many starfighters because of the large size of the starfighter, and because of human facilites needed to help the pilots get to their ships. With droid starfighters, and droid controllers/computers, that is all changed. A TIE/D fighter is only a third of the height of a TIE Fighter, and half the size of a TIE Interceptor. and because the pilot is permantly embedded within the cockpit, the starfighters can be stacked a top one another in racks of eight each. The hangar bay aboard the Furious can hold 18 such racks, giving it a complement of 144 fighters.
Finally, the Drive Engines on the Furios are of the destroyer size. They are arranged and powered in such a way that the Furios has a sublight speed of that matching an B-Wing, and is quickly able to turn around, which since zero-g forces are not an issue for droids, meaning the ship can pull off such a manuever, and still be fully combat ready. The hyperdrive on the ship can exceed even that of the VSD, making the ship a good rapid response unit to a sudden attack. These characteristics combined make the ship a good Mon Cal cruiser killer, an excellent ship for softening up the enemy, and a dedicated ship.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Aug 7th, 2003, 02:13:10 AM
Ok good design only problem is speed. ther is no way it can be that fast. a 600 meter ship moving at 90 Mega lioghts would not only take massive amounts of thrust but to turn it would take manubering thrusters the size of a covette. Slow it down to around 28 or 30 MGLT. That will be faster then almost anything out there. Its a good patrol vessel and offers alot of potental but be careful when using it . The fire archs are good for getting close and fighting inside the enemy fleets body but dont get your T crossed. your forward armamnet is weak.

Aug 7th, 2003, 02:14:10 AM
Also i will work on a 3D model of it for you when i get a chance.

Park Kraken
Aug 7th, 2003, 10:46:38 AM
Changes:
Okay, the meant speed is reduced somewhat. The Punisher has been equipped with the new core systems, taking up a little more room, plus some better weapons have been added.

First things first, One Octect Launcher on top, and on bottom of the ship has been replaced by a Bretta Mulitpule Missle Launch system, which can either fire six salvos of 72 Anti-Starfighter missiles each salvo, with targeting sensors that will let it target up to 72 different targets, or it can be fitted with 12 salvos of 36 Anti-Ship missiles.

Second, 30 Twin Laser Gattlings have been added to the ship, 20 top, 10 bottom to add to the ship's anti-starfighter defenses. The Gattliings have six laser barrels per cannon, providing an awesome flow of energy, coupled with the latest targeting systems, make this weapon an excellent anti-starfighters, and anti-missle defense system.

Finally, most of the weapons have the ability to be concealed. Because of the Punisher's unique design, they can be concealed, along with most of the Octect Proton Torpedo Launchers, Bretta Missle Systems, and Laser Gattlings. Plus, the Brettas are also equipped with a new vairation of Anti-Starfighter concussion missle that has proximity sensors, and fuses. A great maneuver would to send the ship into combat with all conceable weapons concealed, and power up only the unconcealed weapons. To attacking starfighter squadrons, it would look like a tempting target that could hurt their captial ship, with four Octect Torpedo Launchers forward, and 20 Heavy Ion Batteries. So they attack in massive groups, and just as they start to fire their torpedo salvos, the Brettas pop out and fire. 144 Missiles streak into the starfighter cloud, and detonates proximity fuses, destroying about 60 starfighters, and damaging the rest. Then the laser gattlings pop out and scuttle any warheads that escaped the massive explosion. Then capital ships close to assist, the rest of the weapons pop out, WHAMMY!, etc.

Park Kraken
Aug 7th, 2003, 05:16:20 PM
Telan, is this an acceptable design? If it is, then I will move on to other work I had planned.

Telan Desaria
Aug 7th, 2003, 06:12:49 PM
give me till monday to review everything

Aug 7th, 2003, 11:59:08 PM
only think I see that might be a problem are the Heavy Ion Batteries. It needs Hull rating in RU, Speed rating in MGLT, and Shield rating in SBD, Everything else looks good. Its a good design. I like the new Turbo lasers Batteries. But its up to Desaria not I.
Total weapons:
4 Punisher Turbo Laser Batteries
2 Bretta Multiple Missile Launch Systems
10 Octet Projectile Launchers
20 Heavy Ion Batteries
30 Twin Gatlings

Once again I am but a curious watcher trying yo help my Imperial Freinds

Park Kraken
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:31:49 AM
Would you mind another member joining the ranks of the Chiss Imperium? Not me specifically, but I can create and train another character if you want me to. I have read the Hand of Thrawn Duology, The Thrawn Triology, and the Force Heretic Series so I know a thing or two about the Chiss, and their ways.

I am developing a new line of Ion Cannons, namely a Quad Ion Cannon similar to the quad laser cannons of the hated Millenium Falcon, that instead they rapid fire Ion Cannon bolts, each one powerful enough to knock out half of a X-wing's systems. That, and I am developing an Ion Gattling Cannon for mounting on starfighters, a good mean of capital ship assault, or capturing enemy starfighters.

Aug 8th, 2003, 06:45:14 PM
The Chiss are always looking for new members. Make sure Desaria has no problems with it and its fine with me. There will be alot of new tech we will be working on in the weeks to come. Just get with me once you have cleared everything up and i'll get you to work on some R&D Of course we will share some of our new technology with our Imperial friends