PDA

View Full Version : Council Vote: Ace McCloud

Figrin D'an
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:22:49 PM
(OOC: Reference this (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=30510) thread.)

Figrin stood from his council seat, and proceeded to address the assembled members.

"The young former Sith adept, Ace McCloud, has requested admittance to the Order, to be trained as a Jedi. His past, as has been made clear to those of us that interviewed him, is shaded, and his present is far from the Jedi ideal. However, he does show a willingness to learn and change, and his request to undertake the path of the Light appears to be genuine. Therefore, we must vote upon whether or not to accept him into the Order."

He paused, looking over the group.

"Those in favor of admittance, vote "yes." Those opposed, vote "no." The majority decision will carry the motion."

Figrin sat back in his seat, waiting for others to cast their votes before he would submit his own ballot.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 7th, 2003, 06:43:15 AM
Dasquian was of the belief that everyone deserved a second chance, and so his answer was:

“Yes.”

Morgan Evanar
Aug 7th, 2003, 01:19:55 PM
Morgan nodded.

"Yes. He needs to be watched carefully. His intentions may be genuine but the Dark Side is not."

AmazonBabe
Aug 7th, 2003, 02:05:58 PM
I also vote yes, though I agree with Master Evanars suggestion that McCloud be watched.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 7th, 2003, 08:13:45 PM
I nodded. His intentions seemed reasonable when I spoke to him earlier.

"Yes. If he cannot find a chance here, what would he have?"

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 7th, 2003, 11:45:12 PM
"I say yes. He spoke truthfully when I met him and he does mean well. But the Dark Side will always be there for now, especially in the early stages of his training. He needs a strong Mentor to see him through this difficult time. A Master should be appointed to him so he can be watched ... but not in an intrusive manner.."

Sage Hazzard
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:14:08 AM
"Indeed," Sage looking off in the distance.

The Jedi Master wanted all Dark Siders gone, written out of existence. However, he'd be a hypocrite if he didn't approve converts on joining. After mulling it over, Sage conceeded, reluctantly. Not that it would make a great difference if he opposed it.

"I vote yes but echo Navaria's and Morgan's sentiments tenfold. The Dark Side has to be clensed of him by a capable Master."

Figrin D'an
Aug 17th, 2003, 09:38:14 PM
Figrin nodded slowly as he listened to the comments of the other Council members.

"I believe it to be quite fair that he be given an opportunity to prove himself, and yes, he will need to be watched. Whomever is chosen as his master will certainly need to be dedicated to teaching him to push away the Dark Side."

The Jedi cleared his throat.

"I vote yes as well, and in addition to whom ever trains him, I will keep an eye on him, as often as possible."

Figrin D'an
Aug 17th, 2003, 09:43:37 PM
OOC: I'm going to consider the motion passed, since we clearly have a majority, and I think Ace has waited long enough on this.

Sage, if possible, I think he should get in on the current round of classes. This has taken so long to iron out, I think it only fair to allow him to start classes ASAP.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:15:18 PM
OOC good.. shall post in recruitment center then when I am making my rounds.