View Full Version : Is this for real?

William Belargic
Aug 6th, 2003, 01:28:07 PM
http://www.bestpricemovie.com/product/viewprod.asp?pid=1235&src=s

You be the judge.

As for me, I'm somewhat hesitant, mostly because it's so darn cheap. o_O

Wylde Krymsin
Aug 6th, 2003, 01:35:31 PM
I second that....will check out other sources and see if they have it as well! :lol

Uziel
Aug 7th, 2003, 12:09:55 AM
Indeed...I find that quite odd myself. A saying came to mind when I read the listed price. "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

If that’s the case, their going to go like hot cakes!

;)

Charley
Aug 8th, 2003, 08:38:46 AM
Considering the set hasn't even been slated for DVD appearance yet...of course it's a sham. Most likely a low quality asian black market bootleg.

JMK
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:39:33 AM
Yes they are bootlegs but the quality isn't all that bad. Infact it's better than VHS.

Lord Soth
Aug 10th, 2003, 10:51:11 PM
Most likely a low quality asian black market bootleg. >_<

Exactly what I was thinking...lol I'll juz wait for the Lucas release...Waited this long, plus all the bonus material and all the other little goodies that’ll come with it will definitely be worth the wait. :D

Figrin D'an
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:50:43 PM
I have seen that exact bootleg set for sale at various conventions, like Gen-Con, etc. It's been around for a while, and the quality is better than VHS, but it's not nearly up to remastered DVD standard.

I've got my original and SE VHS sets... that will tide me over until the official DVD release, even if it isn't until 2007 or so.

Lord Soth
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:01:03 AM
I've got my original and SE VHS sets... that will tide me over until the official DVD release, even if it isn't until 2007 or so.

Yeah,...Feel the same way D'an. Boot leg's juz don't do it for me. I have my ole VHS copies and they do the trick when I get a hanker'en for the film's...And I pretty much knew it was going to be a while anyway. I believe GL said they first three episode’s wouldn't be released until the six movies were completed?...Thought I read that some where. :)