PDA

View Full Version : Can I be a Mongoose Dog?

Katina Van-Derveld
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:32:16 PM
Katina was very, very nervous. She knew her daddy would be upset when he found out what she had done, but she was afraid that her mommy would be even more angry. Still, there was just no way that she could pass up the opportunity; That little droid was just soooo cute.

Hidden behind some crates in the back of the ship, Kat wondered when would be a good time for her to come out. She supposed she should tell the owner of the ship that she had snuck onboard, but she was terribly afraid that they would not be very happy with her. So she hid, waiting for... well, she didn't really know what she was waiting for, but it seemed like a good idea to stay hidden.

That is, until she heard the little droid come in to the cargo storage. He was whistling an odd little tune, and she couldn't help but giggle. The whistling stopped, and Kat covered her mouth too late.

"Helloooo?", the droid called out.

Kat scuttered away, trying to conceal herself better. Oh boy... mom and dad were going to be really mad.

MMU
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:07:23 AM
He'd been sent down to the secondary cargo hold to 'think' about what he'd done. Sent down to sulk, kick the deck, and grumble at the unfairness of his little existance. Besides! It was just a shirt! Replaceable! Well, of course Captain Grumpypants wasn't of that same opinion.

Just because the little avatar wanted to put a little variation into the boring, plain pieces of clothing didn't mean he deserved time out! Besides; it was just paint after all! so what if it was some of s'Il's left over oil based paints!

They still look pretty, he grumbled to himself, kicking the deck. He pouted, his antannae drooping in indignance. Idly, he started whistling, no real tune apparent, just... whistling.

And then a giggle.

He stopped. Helloooo?

His query was answered with a scuttering noise, and instantly MMU's antannae perked up. Oh boy!! Hide and seek!! He loved this game!! Of course it didn't matter that he had no idea what was running away from him. For all he knew, it was a mynock coming to suck his processors out from his eyes (a very believable threat recieved from s'Il years ago). And yet, none of this occured to the little droid as he bounced after the noise, glowing green eyes bright with sudden happiness as his punishment was forgotten.

I'ma git yoouuuuu!!

Katina Van-Derveld
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:16:04 AM
Katina covered her mouth once more to prevent a frightened squeal from escaping her mouth. The droid was coming after her. It was going to chase her and catch her and EAT her. She had never heard of a droid eating people, but she was certain that this one would do exactly that.

She tried to run somewhere else, but there really wasn't anywhere else for her to go. Still, she managed to evade him for all of maybe half a minute. When he found her, she was crouched in a corner, a screwdriver held in her little hands defensively.

"Please don't eat me", she whimpered.

MMU
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:26:44 AM
He'd cornered whatever it was he was chasing, letting out robotic squeals of delight at having found such a wonderful playmate. And the the chase stopped, as he jumped from behind a crate to corner her. A little droid finger pointed, and he shrieked in utter glee.

HA! I GOTCHA!

And laughing hysterically, the small droid fell over backwards, little legs kicking the air.

Katina Van-Derveld
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:31:42 AM
Katina wasn't quite sure what to think; Was the little droid hurt? It seemed to be having some kind of fit. Or was it just some kind of ruse to get her closer so it could make a meal out of her. It almost seemed like it was laughing, though.

Cautiously, she poked it with the screwdriver.

"Um... Hi", she said sheepishly. "My name's Kat. You're not going to eat me, right? Cus if you are, I'll hafta take you apart."

She did her best to brandish her makeshift weapon menacingly.

MMU
Aug 6th, 2003, 12:43:29 AM
The laughing stopped, and the little droid looked up at Kat with a confused 'look'. Her prodding with the screwdriver went completely unnoticed as he scrambled to his feet, and he looked her over. She held up the screwdriver bravely, and he canted his head at her. What a funny new friend.

Kat? What does that mean? Mine's MMU. His little metal chest puffed out in pride It means Mobile Mainframe Unit.

Katina Van-Derveld
Aug 6th, 2003, 01:00:37 AM
Despite herself, Kat giggled. What a funny little robot.

"You're silly", she pronounced. The danger of being eaten was almost completely forgotten.

"Are you friends with the lady that came to see my mommy and daddy?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 16th, 2003, 11:29:13 PM
Up and down, back and forth. The pacing continued. Eyes shooting to the clock on the wall, then up and down again. Where could she be??

Only a couple of hours ago Katina had been playing happily at the large fountain located in the front garden of Volfstadt. The maid in attendance swore that she had only looked away for the briefest of moments and when she turned back, the little golden haired girl was gone. The woman had cried and begged for Vega to spare her life but to no avail. Her breathless corpse had been dragged out to woods and left as fodder.

Neither Daiquiri nor Vega had been able to pick up on Katinas 'aura' through the force and it puzzled them both. How could a child as young as Kat disappear without a trace? Sure, there were wild animals that lived and roamed in the woods, but all that ventured too close soon retreated. The Lupine lord and his son marked their territory well and nothing on four legs desired to tangle with them.

The master of the castle had galvanized every last person and sent them out to hunt for the girl, blanketing the area with all available eyes. Except for her.

"I want you here just in case someone did manage to get inside the gates and take Kat. If that happened, they may call with their demands. I promise I'll let you know as soon as we find anything."

Vegas large, warm palm had caressed her cheek for a second , then he was gone, his voice lifting and joining the others, calling for his daughter.

For the hundredth time that hour, Daiq glanced up at the clock. Where could she be??

MMU
Aug 17th, 2003, 09:18:37 AM
MMU nodded emphatically. Mm hmm. That's Lok. She's fun to play with.

He plopped himself to the deck while spreading his arms wide, imitating s'Il. Sometimes she even plays 'horrible rancor beastie' and chases me around. Its great.

He scootched closer to her. What kinda games do you like to play?

Katina Van-Derveld
Oct 21st, 2003, 06:31:02 PM
"I like ta chase rabbits and eat 'em! My daddy taught me how." Kat declared, grinning wide to show off her fangs. Only, she remembered that she didn't have fangs when she was a girl. Sheepishly, she curled her lips inward to cover up her small little girl teeth.

"Can we play a game together? Can we please? I wanna play horble... rank beastie." She twisted up her mouth as she said it, trying to get the words out right. She was sure she'd gotten it pretty close to right.

"I'll be your friend if you play with me." :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Oct 21st, 2003, 08:29:57 PM
Her pacing hadnt contributed anything useful to the situation, except perhaps to help keep this frantic mother's sanity.

Daiquiri and Katina had never established any kind of mental bind or connection, like she and Vega had. Kat was a daddy's girl all the way and on several occasions had made it clear that while she loved her mother, she adored her father.

Pausing beside the large mantle, Daiq drummed her nails impatiently as she stared into the fire, her thoughts stretching and expanding over the Van-Derveld property holdings.

Katina honey, where are you?

MMU
Oct 22nd, 2003, 08:21:31 PM
That someone wanted to play with him was wonderful, and MMU jumped to his feet in utter happiness.

All riiiiight!!!!

A pause, then the small avatar looked almost downfallen.

I'm not allowed to play right now though, he said, scuffing his metal foot on the deck, I got in trouble...

Katina Van-Derveld
Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:20:14 AM
Kati considered this for a moment. She knew exactly what it was like to be in trouble. But... there had always been adults around when she got punished, to make sure she wasn't having any fun. The littlest Van-Derveld certainly didn't see any adults around right now.

"Aw, come on! Nobodies around to find out!", she pleaded. "I wanna play horble rank beastie." She pouted.

Katina, honey, where are you?

Kati gasped. It was her mommy, talking to her. She scurried back into the corner some more, looking around.

"Mommy?"

She didn't see her mommy around anywhere. But mommy had a way of talking right into her head sometimes. Scrunching her eyes closed, she tried her best to reply.

Don't be angry with me, mommy!

MMU
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:12:30 PM
She had a point, and the little droid took only a few moments to make his decision. He wanted to play, and after all, Lok wasn't around right now - he could do whatever he wanted with his new friend! AND... she wanted to play 'horrible rancor beastie' too!!

But, before he could ven say a word, his newfound friend had scurried back into a corner, and at the word "mommy", MMU froze.

Had her mommy found her??