PDA

View Full Version : Day in the Garden(open)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:32:53 PM
Sorr walked out into the garden, trying to hold Hiroaki and Anuberis as they tried to wriggle out of her arms. The cubs were doing everything they could do get down, wanting to play in the small pond. Sorr dodged a hand aimed at her ear before looking back for her mate, Inu to see how he was doing.

"Yourrrs gjivjing you any trrrouble dearrr?"

Inu
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:40:32 PM
Inu draws a long, hissing breath before he speaks.

"Nope...can't say they are..."

He's joking; both of the girls, Kalia and Nefertati, have bitten him hard. They don't have many teeth, but the ones they do have are sharp, and they huuuurrrt.

Today is a windy and sunny day, perfect for little children to play outside in. Theirs are all too eager to begin, but before they do, their parents need to get them where they're going, and Inu doesn't quite remember how he happened upon the pond the first time. He stops a Jedi, gets Kalia's hands out of his face, and asks one question, interrupted with sudden pauses as the cubs try to cover his mouth.

"Where's the...nearest...pond...?"

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:46:41 PM
The Jedi chuckles softly before pointing to the right.

"Just head that way and you can't miss it."

Sorr looks back at her mate whose getting attacked by both cubs' hands so she answers for him.

"Thank you sjirrr."

She chuckles a bit as well before heading down the corridor the Jedi had pointed to. She's getting grabs as well as the cubs reach for her ears but she just keeps swiveling them out of their grasp before flattening them back to her head so the cubs have no chance.

Inu
Aug 5th, 2003, 08:21:42 PM
Inu's not having alot of luck dodging the little hands trying to clap over his mouth; he can't flatten it against his head like Sorr's ears can.

"Might wanna...hurry mphm...hurry up dear."

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 5th, 2003, 08:24:56 PM
"Can only g-." A hand claps over Sorr's eyes before she moves her head back "--go so fast dearrr."

Even with that said, she picks up the pace a bit before stepping out into the light and seeing the pond in question. She frees a bit of her hair from Hiro's grip before setting the cubs down.

"Play njice!"

She calls after them as they head to the pond, it isn't deep so there's nothing the young ones can't handle about it.

Inu
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:53:14 PM
The water's up to their ankles if they stand, and seeing how they're smart enough not to get their faces beneath the water, there's no chance of an accident.

"Why do you think there's such a shallow pool out here? Nothing could live in it. Who makes these things?"

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 8th, 2003, 09:56:52 PM
"No jidea, thjis place jis just as new to me dearrr...worrrks forrr us though doesn't jit?"

She asks as she kisses her husband briefly before looking to her children who were now in the midst of playing.

Inu
Aug 9th, 2003, 08:18:30 PM
"Sure does..."

His expression sours though.

"The place is great. It's just that unwelcome feeling that's nagging at me...like we don't belong, or we're not wanted."

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 9th, 2003, 08:23:59 PM
"Felt that way my entjirrre ljife till you came along though the cubs wjill neverrr hearrr the terrrm half-brrreed jif jI have anythjing to say about jit."

She growled softly with her tail lashing back and forth a bit, thinking of the old days when full-blooded Cizerack had called her that.

SonLee
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:54:12 PM
::SonLee had just exited the recruitment center, and was hummingly quietly to herself under a tree. She watched a couple of small cubs playing near a pond, and smiled. This kind of alien was unfamiliar to her, she thought as she took an apple out her her robe. One of the cubs looked at her curiously as she took a bite, and craned its neck in her direction, starting to creep towards her and the object she was eating.

"Hello," said SonLee quietly. "Would you like this?" The cub nodded eagerly, and watched as another magically appeared in SonLee's hand out of thin air. It jumped back in fright, and SonLee got up, and laughed.

"Oops, I forgot about that. Come on, i won't hurt you."

The cub came back, and SonLee reached out her hand...and the apple was snatched from it, leaving a red streak across her hand where the cub had scratched her. "Kids," she muttered.

She saw (whom obviously was the cub's mother) come towards her. "Uh oh..." SonLee thought, "I don't know if I like the look of this..." Either it was the fact she'd talked to the cub, or the fact that SonLee was a Witch.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 9th, 2003, 11:48:18 PM
Sorr wandered over to see what the woman was doing while the boldest of the four, Hiroaki was checking out this new object. He sniffed it, didn't smell like any of the food that mommy or daddy gave to him. Sorr kneeled down by her son, gauging his reaction to the new item. Hiro palmed it a few times, turning it over it his hands before clawing it then making a mew of confusion to his mother who chuckled softly and looked back at the newcomer.

"Sorrrrrry, they've neverrr eaten frrrujit so he's not ljikely to try jit, they prrreferrr meat ljike thejirrr motherrr."

She smiled sheepishly.

"So arrre you a Jedji?"

She asked tenatively, not sure since she had never heard of magic within them.

Inu
Aug 10th, 2003, 06:45:24 PM
The frustrated baby crawls away a bit, turning his back on the unhelpful grown-ups as if to say "I don't need help!". He shakes the apple hard, trying to figure out how it works. Inu takes it gently and peels a section with his own claws before handing it back. Hiro immediately decides that since shaking and poking it doesn't work, that he'll bite it. The cub yelps; it tastes funny!

"C'mon...let's let your brother and sisters try it."

He gives SonLee a quick glance and a nod of greeting before taking the baby and the apple over to the others.

SonLee
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:05:50 PM
SonLee laughed. These people seemed a funny little bunch, and that cub with the apple...hehe.

She turned to face Sorreessa, and smiled. "I am not yet a Jedi, but I wish to become one. I was told that my Witch like powers were very much like those of a Jedi though, and I was sent here. I am SonLee DalGiarg, by the way." She reached out a hand, and a piece of meat appeared in it. "Perhaps your cubs will prefer this..."

Another cub came bounding towards her, and snatched the meat. It nodded in satisfaction, and went over to Inu.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 11th, 2003, 01:58:21 AM
"jI'm Sorrrrrreessa, my husband jInu, also new to the orrrderrr, the one that fjirrrst came up to you jis Hjirrroakji, Anu, Nef and Kaljia."

She said gesturing to each of them as she said their name. She looked over to her son and giggled, he was now sniffing the meat and poking it lightly with a claw, wondering if this gift would pull anything funny like the last one. The other cubs soon smelled the scent of the meat and were babbling at him, not daring to take it from him but announcing clearly that wanted some too.

Inu
Aug 11th, 2003, 08:08:09 PM
Inu cuts miniscule little squares out of the apple and pokes them into each cub's running mouth. Hiro and Anu spit the apple out with wrinkled noses, but Kalia and Nef seem to like it alright. Once they're done the father dices the little piece of meat, giving each cub a tiny cube of it and checking surreptitiously for incoming teeth. Anu has about ten trying to come in, the girls have a few less, but poor little Hiro has only one.

"You're growin' faster'n I did, kids..."

SonLee
Aug 12th, 2003, 02:28:58 AM
"Looks like they're having fun. Remind me to point up a roast sometime" SonLee smiled, enjoying the sight of the children sharing food together. "Heck, I'll do you all some dinner one day. If you want." With her Witch powers...that would be easy. She pointed at the ground and two deck chairs materialised out of thin air. "Care to sit down for awhile?" she asked Sorreessa, motioning to a chair.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:09:39 PM
"Hmm? No thank you, jI've got to watch these ljittle guys."

She said quietly, turning her watchful eyes to her children. The girls were back in the water again while the boys were having a playful fight nearby. There was no biting or yelps so she need only to watch for now.

SonLee
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:02:03 PM
"That's alright", SonLee said, and sat on one of the chairs. She kept a close eye on the boys, getting dangerously close to the water, on the verge of falling in. She had a feeling that the little one, Hiro, did not know how to swim. She didn't know what gave her that feeling, but she was glad she had it.

Hiro rolled away from his brother, wanting to be chased, but he rolled to far and fell straight into the water. Sorreessa gave a yelp at her son's mew of fear, until the smalol cub was lifted out of the water as if with an invisible string, and floted to rest in front of his mother, completely dry.

Inu
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:11:31 PM
Inu sits quietly, watching the children with an appraising look. Hiro and Anu come his way, and Inu scoops Hiro up and sends Anu after the girls.

"Little boy, you could've gotten up all on your own. The water's too shallow for you to get hurt. Go play."

And the cub is sent out to play with his siblings.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 12th, 2003, 08:29:49 PM
Sorr sighed softly as the cubs mewled for her to join them, they always seemed to pick her when it involved water.

"Okay dearrrs, jI'm comjing."

She walked out as the boys babbled still up at her. She sat in the middle of the pond, not caring about the water that bothered most cats. The water came up to her waist at its highest point but the cubs were making sure she got plenty wet, splashing her throughly and climbing all over her. The felinoid didn't mind it much, growling softly when they pulled on her ears lightly but a smile remained on her face.

SonLee
Aug 13th, 2003, 05:56:12 PM
SonLee watched the cubs and their mother in the water. It was a nice little family scene, and it bought a pang to her heart. She could hardly remember her family.

She felt something snuffle her arm, and looked down to see Hiko, mewling at her. She smiled, picked him up, and put him on her lap. Sorreessa looked over, but saw her son was safe, and conti nued playing with her cubs.

Hiko looked up at SonLee's metallic tattoo, and reached up to touch it with a quivering paw, unsure of what it was. He looked over at his mother and let out a small "Sqeak?"

Inu
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:00:54 PM
"It's just skin..." Inu mumbles. Hiro, being the youngest, also tends to the boldest. However, this tatoo thing is pretty creepy; even Inu thinks so.

"What's that thing on your eye?" he asks, trying to reason away his staring.

SonLee
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:57:22 PM
"It's a tribal tattoo," SonLee explained. "On my Planet, I was a DarQuarth Warrior Princess. This shows my rank and heritage."

She looked down at Hiro. "Don't worry little guy, it won't bite you." She was rewarded with a mew, and she gave the cub a tender smile in return.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:39:26 PM
The cubs were still climbing all over Sorr who was now lying on her side since she was all wet anyway. She has a slightly bored expression on her face but her eyes and ears are still on her children. The other cubs notice their brother has wandered off and send a hail of babble at him to join them in "King of the Mommy."

SonLee
Aug 14th, 2003, 07:44:37 PM
"Go on," SonLee urged Hiro. "Go play with them." Her let off a line of babble at her, and ran off, leaving SonLee under the tree by herself, watching the surrounds.

Inu
Aug 14th, 2003, 08:07:53 PM
"And if your rank changes? How do they fix that tattoo?"

SonLee
Aug 14th, 2003, 09:00:21 PM
"It won't change. I can never become a Queen Warrior...my planet...no longer exists..." SonLee choked back tears, and turned away for a moment

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 14th, 2003, 09:12:26 PM
Sorr winces as one of the cubs chomps down on her tail.

"Owwww!"

She yelps, she can't hear what Inu and SonLee are talking about so she doesn't know she's being kinda rude at the moment. She gives the cub, Anu, a motherly glare before hugging him to her, partially to punish a little and since she just wanted to hug her little boy.

SonLee
Aug 14th, 2003, 10:47:29 PM
SonLee turned to the yelp, looking confusedly at Sorreessa, preoccupied and not listening to the conversation. She frowned.

Inu
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:31:21 PM
"What happened to the thing? Planet's dont spontaneously combust."

Inu is rarely ever sympathetic to the feelings of others, with the exception of his family, and so has chosen to ignore the threatening tears and sad expression. He's more interested in how you get rid of entire worlds. That's not supposed to happen, EVER.

SonLee
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:55:44 PM
"Have you ever heard of the Shlon?" SonLee said. "They are the universe's greatest meneace, besides those with Death Stars. Their ships alone have enough firepower to destroy more than whole civilisations, let alone the universe...SO DON'T YOU GO TELLING ME THAT PLANETS CAN'T BE DESTROYED, OKAY?????"

SonLee took a few deep breaths, and felt a surge of anger. At this point, SonLee was very tempted to turn him into a Sqeesh.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 15th, 2003, 10:03:00 PM
Anu yawns from Sorr's arms and Sorr's eyes and ears flit about hearing soft yawns from the others. The cubs stifle the yawns as she looks as them but the mother knows better, they have tired themselves out playing, the look in their eyes is all too evident. Sorr stands and picks up Nef whose trying not to doze off and walks towards shore.

"Come on dearrrs, seems jit's nap tjime forrr all of you."

The cubs on the ground and in her arms all mewl and babble before succoming to another yawn.

Inu
Aug 15th, 2003, 10:13:09 PM
Inu gathers the last two children and shoots a glare at SonLee.

"I know they can be destroyed. The Death Star did it once. But if there's something else here in the present that can do what it did, someone or something will have to stop it. What you've told me could change the history of the universe. Be careful where and how you tell that little sob story of yours..."

And with that, he turns to leave and carry his sleepy babies home.

SonLee
Aug 16th, 2003, 07:25:37 PM
SonLee looked sorrowful at Inu's outburst, and ran up behind him and grabbed his arm. "I'm sorry, I din't know you felt like that over such things...it's just...very hard to cope with, that's all. I didn't mean to get you upset with me or anything. I think i just need to get things like that off my mind...if that's even possible."