PDA

View Full Version : In the Cooler (cont. from "It's alive!)

Vysten Ambre
Aug 5th, 2003, 03:33:17 PM
Vysten Ambre sat with her back flattened against the hard, unfogiving cell wall. She really didn't blame the woman for throwing her in here. Vysten probably would have done the same thing. Sighing, Vysten knew that she really would be better of dead. One less drain on the galaxy's economy.

The room, if you could call it a room, was so dusty that every time Vysten etched something in the floor, it immediately covered again with dirt and grime. She usually passed the time by drawing crude figures in the floor, or trying unsucessfully to sleep.

She knew she wasn't valuble to anyone, but she's rather hoped to end her life by valiantly saving a drowning child or something to that effect. A memory of "Vysten Ambre: Hero" as opposed to "That One Annoyance: Failure" would be a nice change even in death.

Drawing her knees to her chin, Vysten wrapped her arms around her legs trying to find a little warmth. Was it too much to ask for life to hand her just a little luck?

OW outcast
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:04:00 PM
He had come back from his brief vacation in curscant and no he was one his choirs. Feeding the prisoners wasn't the most liked job but it didn't happen that often. After several months of not having any the final got one a trespasser why she was still alive was beyond him.

The three-foot duro walked into the virtually empty dungeon which primary occupants where rats. Cell B12 was right an ahead and from this stand point he could see a young red head human. The green duro's favorite red heads.

OW walked up to the cell and set a tray through the slot. The food wasn't much just scraps and left overs of food people didn't finish upstairs.

"So your the trespasser to bad I wasn't here to see you get busted then again if I would have been here you would never made it to the back room. Hope you like the food I pick the best pieces when I heard it was a woman in the cage and now I see your a lovely red head."

OW had his child like grin on his face, as he looked the woman over a bit.

"Oh sorry I should introduce myself, I'm OW. I'm Bartender and employee of this place. You didn't get the chance to meet because I was on urgent business in Curscant."

Vysten Ambre
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:15:46 PM
Vysten gratefully took the tray of food. As much as she hated to admit it, she was hungry and her stomach felt like it had caved in on itself. Nodding, she replied "Thanks...OW," to the duro.

She took a large bite from a bread crust and swallowed. "I appreciate your being nice to me an' all but what did you mean by "too bad I wasn't here to see you get busted?""

DarthHERA
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:59:59 PM
"Yes" Hera spoke as she stepped quietly up behind OW, "do explain yourself"

The Faene Mistress's eyes rested on the redhead, even as she spoke to the duro.

Vysten's first impression of the SFF owner was not a heartening one. Hera had a cold, hard edge about her that could be felt palpably as one came into proximity of her.

The brash young adventurer could not be blamed if she assumed her situation had just gone from bad, to worse.

OW outcast
Aug 18th, 2003, 11:15:07 PM
"Oh not much its just it usually good entertainment to see people get busted by ether Hera or Daiq. The ladies here can be really good entertainment." OW gave a little wink.

OW then looked up at Hera with a grin of pure gold or pure evil depending on how you looked at it. He knew she had heard his comment and he hope she wouldn't take it the wrong way.

"So what’s the pretty redheads name?"

Vysten Ambre
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:37:21 PM
Vysten took a glance at this new woman and sucked in her breath. She bit her lip and cursed to herself. The other chick she could handle, and that red head guy too... but this one seemed different. The blond was the type of woman who could send chills down a person's spine in the middle of Tatooine.

"My name's Vysten," she said in a low voice after swallowing a mouthful of air. Why do I gotta be so damn stupid?

DarthHERA
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:11:43 PM
Coming alongside OW now, Hera shined her elbow on his head, him being just the right height. She declined comment on his remark, couldn't have the duro thinking she found him amusing.

Instead, she adressed the captive within.

"The way I hear it, Vysten, you are lucky to be alive today. Your introduction of yourself to my crew was less than stellar, it seems, and I am at a loss as to why they are feeding you..."

The comment hung in the air between them and it dawned on Vysten that perhaps this was to be her last supper..

OW outcast
Aug 21st, 2003, 11:23:41 PM
OW stayed silent as the boss spoke he din't want to make hera mad. He could have answered very easily why he had brought the woman super. It was simple she was a human woman that was why. OW had a soft spot for those no other female race was good enough to comepare not even duro women. There sat watching and listening to the interaction waiting for a chance to make an offer.

Vysten Ambre
Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:46:01 AM
Vysten didn't reply. It was probably best to only speak when spoken to, but she didn't let fear creep into her face because she had little. If they killed her now, that was fine. Vysten frankly didn't want to die, but it made perfect sense. She hadn't really made a good first impression and nobody would miss her anyway.

Bring on the executioner, lady.

DarthHERA
Aug 22nd, 2003, 10:51:39 PM
Hera had seen that look a thousand times before. The defiant, devil-may-care, Im not afraid of anyone look.

She had it down to a fine art herself. But she had to admit, this redhead carried it off with flare.

Gesturing for the duro to open the door, OW obliged her, and the Faene Mistress stepped into the confined space.

Vysten felt the small room get a whole lot smaller.

Hera did not intend to intimidate, an itimidating figure though she was. It was just her natural bearing that came from a confidence in who and what she was. And at the moment, standing between the redhead smuggler and freedom, Hera completely held the advantage. She liked this set up, and so found the good grace to be civil to her "guest."

"I noticed the ship you have ... the "Star Goddess" is it? Good name." Vysten's eyes narrowed not liking the interest expressed by the Sith.

Hera continued, absently eyeing her fingernails, and noting they could use some buffing.

"I beleive restitution is in order...insulting my crew, and not to mention my friends is not something that can be overlooked. Im sure you agree."

Hera stepped to the side slightly, exposing the open door, and the little duro standing just on the other side of it looking in.

A disarming smile from the blonde.
"You are free to go, but your ship will remain. As a good will gesture on your behalf. An amends, if you like."

It wasnt like Hera needed the ship, but Vysten needed to learn who it was she was dealing with. And that she was lucky her ship would be all she would lose. Bad as it was. Hera knew enough that a smuggler was only as good as the vessel that plied his or her trade. She could have cut off both Vysten's legs or put out both her eyes and it would probably be more welcome than the loss of her meal ticket.

A gesture of her hand that Vysten was free to leave the deep dungeon of the "Poseidon's Gate."

"Thanks for stopping by"

Vysten Ambre
Aug 23rd, 2003, 07:29:02 PM
Vysten placed her feet beneath her into a squat and stood up. She looked blankly through woman as if she didn't exist while brushing some dirt off her flight pants with a single swipe of her arm.

Taking several long strides forward, Vysten left the cell without ever acknowledging that she was once held captive inside. She continued toward the exit in silence, holding her own private funeral for her beloved ship.

OW outcast
Aug 23rd, 2003, 11:41:38 PM
OW looked to Hera with a disappointed look on his face. He normally would go against Hera's word but this was just wrong to him. It was the worst kind of theft and this was coming from a thief. He respected Hera greatly but this wasn't supposed to happen.

"Hera you could have gone about this differently you know. We do need a new wench in the bar. Plus where is she going to go with out her ship she is just going to hang around here is that what you want?"

OW began to walk away shaking his head, he got his two cents in but he didn't figure they would matter too much. He began to mumble under his breath.

"I kinda liked that girl too what little I got to know of her."

DarthHERA
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:04:59 PM
Was everyone infected with the bleeding-heart syndrome around here?? Or was it just that a pretty face and a tough situation could prick the tender hearts of what was supposed to be a hive of scum and villany. Gawds, first Daiq and Ezra and now the Duro..ShadowFaene was a pirating outfit..but it was hard to recognise it as such sometimes..lately, it was more like the Outer rim YMCA, for krasst sake.

It wasnt that Hera couldn't appreciate the price Vysten was having to pay - she had lost her own ship years back because of her own actions. Admittedly, it was with a drinking bet with Ogre, but nevertheless..her own actions had resulted in its loss. Just as Vysten's had. Maybe Vysten would know when bravado and insults worked for her, and when they worked against her - as they had this time around.

However...Hera was not beyond negotiation..

The redhead, though, seemed to accept things as they had been layed out for her. Where she went from here, was up to her.

Hera said as much to OW. "She is not your concern, OW. I shouldn't be surprised if she already has her sights on a ship she can steal to make up for it until she can wrangle a way to buy her own back."

Stepping outside of the cell now, she added as OW continued to watch the attractive smuggler walk down the corridor.
"Take her back up to the bar, I doubt she knows the way back from here.
And OW....." her voice was low and held an edge to it, so just the two could hear it, "when I want your opinion..I'll give it to you."

Vysten Ambre
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:26:24 PM
Once again Vysten found herself moving toward the bar. It wasn't like she wanted to go there, but now it seemed like the only part of herself that was willing to think were her feet, and she gladly let them. She held her head low, avoiding any stray glances.

A drunken man elbowed her from his stool.

"Get lost," she muttered, barely audibly.

Vysten continued her slow march, she felt like a one person funeral procession. She was the deceased, the witness, and minister. Life just wasn't worth living anymore. She already knew she was worthless, and a drain on the economy... but what was a smuggler without her treasured ship? Nothing. That's what.

Slumping into an empty booth near the outside entrance, Yysten buried her head in her hands.

She had nothing to lose now.

OW outcast
Aug 26th, 2003, 12:03:20 AM
OW n The Duro nodded and turned to follow after the girl then came the "and OW". OW turned back to Hera for a moment with a serious look on his face.

"Yes Hera." was all he said, as he turned started following after the girl again. She had reached the bar safely with out any detours witch was kind of surprising considering the amount of twists and turns in the jail area.

He watched her put her head down on the booth table and now was the time to go comfort her. OW walked up to the table and sat across from her with out a word at first.

"Hera is a bit harsh at times, I would never have taken your ship. I was just wondering if you had any place to go or if you needed any help getting some place away from here?"

Vysten Ambre
Aug 30th, 2003, 11:46:31 AM
Vysten looked at the Duro with a face that desperately wanted to look tear stained, but as much as she wanted to Vysten couldn't cry.

"Do I look like I have anywhere to go?" she snapped. "If I did, I would have gone there by now! I just want to get out of this hell hole and not have to see those two bitches ever again."

OW outcast
Sep 2nd, 2003, 02:04:58 AM
"Well if you real want to leave this place I can get you out of here."

OW looked around to make sure no one of the SFF was close by.

"With your ship to."

This was ritual suicide why did all the pretty ones do this to him. He knew Hera and Daiq would both kill him after Vysten got away with her ship. Still she was a red head and he couldn't help himself. The worse part was yet to come.

"I'll do it free of charge too, all I'll ask is that you remember me for this after Hera and Daiq kill me."

Vysten Ambre
Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:06:02 PM
Vysten's eyes widened as she listened to the Duro's proposal. She shook her head. "I'd like that, I really would, but don't get yourself killed just because I was stupid. I can tell you're a nice guy, don't throw everything away. I mean, what have I done?"

Vysten's voice was now rising frantically. "You shouldn't do this. I don't deserve anything! I should be back in that crappy cell rotting! I'm a good for nothing bum!"

OW outcast
Sep 4th, 2003, 12:30:29 AM
"That’s not true your a good girl with a great future ahead of her I just know it. So quit sulking about it, life can get allot worse when your like that. You’re a pretty girl and you seem intelligent."

OW spoke with a soft smile after every pause.

"Now as for me getting your ship back there is a chance Hera might not even know it was I. Now your asking yourself why would I do this for someone I just meet, there are three reasons.

One you should always help those in need.

Two you help people you like and hell I like you

Three my dad once said if you ever see a pretty girl that you want do everything you can to impress her. Especial the life threatening stuff, woman dig that.

Now I'm going to need your help in this. Are you willing to go through with it?"

Vysten Ambre
Sep 4th, 2003, 06:31:08 AM
Vysten let a small smile creep across her face. "Hell yeah!" she replied.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me," she said looking at OW sincerely.

"After pausing for a moment she added, " And I gotta tell ya, I do dig the hero stuff."

Remkah
Sep 4th, 2003, 09:47:57 PM
Sipping slowly from his whiskey, Remkah sat at the bar, his back to OW and the redhead.

Flicking his eyes to the mirror opposite him, he could see the pair huddled close in conversation in its reflection.

OW outcast
Sep 4th, 2003, 10:29:55 PM
"Okay it will go down like this, every night I clean out the empty keg barrels and take them to the back where they store the ships. They use the barrels for old oil and stuff like that. I'm going to smuggle you into the back in one of the barrels. I'll park your barrel next to your ship and knock twice on lid. That will be your signal to get out and head into your ship.

You get your ship going and I’ll open the gates to let you out. It will be as simple as that and I suggest you stay away from this place for a long while like forever. Dam this hero gig sucks I'll save the girl all right but sure as heck isn’t going to get her. Anyway will do that in a couple of hours from know when the bar has cleared out."

OW stopped talking and again looked around not seeing anyone from the Faene listening in. He sighed with relief and hoped to god he could pull this off and make it look like a theft and not an inside job. Now was no time for joking around he had to make sure everything was just right.

Vysten Ambre
Sep 5th, 2003, 08:04:42 PM
Vysten nodded solemnly and drummed her fingers on the edge of the table. "So when does the bar clear out?"

OOC - This is my 100th post! ...er, and it wasn't spectacular, darn it

OW outcast
Sep 7th, 2003, 12:04:44 AM
"The Bar will clear out in an hour and we will be able to start then." OW gave a gloomy smile still hoping he could pull this off.

(ooc: this will split off into another thread if you don't mind, in the The Black Acropolis. I'll start it soon.)

Vysten Ambre
Sep 9th, 2003, 03:03:28 PM
OOC - alrighty then

Remkah
Sep 11th, 2003, 09:13:09 PM
Remkah was the last to leave.

The last, that was, with the exception of the newly released prisoner and OW.

Stubbing out his cigarette in the ashtray, the SFF Captain nodded "g'night" to the Duro.

And left to tend to business of his own.